Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest jollajolla

THE HORROR! THE DENTIST CHAIR!

Guest jollajolla

I was already pissed off being in a roomfull of preteens, (I haven't graduated to an adult dentist yet, you see) when things turned for the worst and they decide to use me as an example for some of the interns. He was probably, what, two years older than I was, and hot. I could have died.

So they lowered the chair and flipped on the halogen lights. Meanwhile, I'm blinking stupidly up at them, like some sort of bedazzled freak baby, while the dentist prods at my gums with plyers and explains what the hell is wrong with my jawline. Not like the interns were listening. They were staring at my damn skin. I could just imagine what most of them were thinking. "Good lord, she's a monster." or probably more along the lines of "WHOA. What the fuck?"

I can't be the only who's gone through this. I want dentist horror stories! Now!

i hate how dentsits have to lean on your face with their hands to get a good view in there... thats why i hate em.

I always feel all FUCKED UP when i stand up after they're done. I feel so drunk and uncordinated...my hairs all messed up and i mummble everything i say. I dont know, am i the only one that gets this way?

Hmmm... I don't really have a dentist horror story. I only went to the dentist one time in my entire life... I was 7 and they wanted to pull out a tooth. I started to cry and run away. They offered me a sticker and I obediently let them pull out my loose tooth. XD

Hey iron mouse, where both in California! Cool.

Anyway, you've only been ONCE! Yeah, i guess thats not such a big deal, they dont do anything anyway. Just pick here, pull there, so stupid...Just remember to brush, floss and as long as you have good enough teeth (not too crooked), you dont really need a dentist....

yep, those lights can be really awful. for me they make it easy to see spots that i thought had gone ages ago...

Hey iron mouse, where both in California! Cool.

Anyway, you've only been ONCE! Yeah, i guess thats not such a big deal, they dont do anything anyway. Just pick here, pull there, so stupid...Just remember to brush, floss and as long as you have good enough teeth (not too crooked), you dont really need a dentist....

Yeah, you gums will stay alot stronger if you keep that area clean with flossing. My grandmother brushed her teeth everyday but never flossed and because of it, she lost most of her teeth by the time she got old. I dont floss EVERYDAY but i try to when i can cause i like my teeth and i want to have them until the day i die. It looks so goofy to not have teeth when your old, you know?

Why is it interns and dentist assistance are always attractive. I've noticed this the 4 times I been to the dentist in the last decade, except one time.

I remember when I was 15 and I was going to get caps for a few teeth, and the doctors helper was this fat mexican lady who seemed like she had an attitude. I go in therea nd sit down and shes like "whats wrong" all rough and irritated before I even open my mouth. I tell her what I want done and shes like "you can stil eat with'm, whats the problem".. im like.. "well they are chipped and i want them fixed"..and shes like "open wide"..and I do and then she gets this disgusted look on her face like looking into a persons mouth is like a gunshot wound (it wasnt my breath i made sure before I left and i got a normal mouth) ..im thinkin..."they're teeth you bitch"... act like you never seen them before.. and yeah the lights are crap for skin..hate them to death.

grrr i hate dentist lights... especially when they make you look in the mirror after to see how clean your teeth are...aaaaaaargh suddenly all these red marks appear that weren't there before. *depressing*

i also hate parlor lighting and fitting room lighting!!!! argh. i LOVE clothes and shopping and all that, but lately, i've been too afraid to face the horror in the mirror... my old dermatologist prescribed me these acne products which made my face EXTREMELY OILY and ACNE-Y!!! i just switched dermas last week, and am recovering from that bad breakout thankfully. just wish the red marks would fade quicker... oh and i've been avoiding having a haircut because im too scared to see my face in the mirror with the extremely HARSH lighting!!! thank god it's summer vacation over here so i can just stay home till my skin clears. my derma said by the time school starts in june, i just *might* be clear. eusa_dance.gif

well I have braces so I'm at the dentist every freakin month for the past 2 years. Not just that, my dentist put me in this study club where some of the dentist get together with a specalist to learn more about braces. so i dont have just one dentist dude staring at my teeth but like 6 other faces all staring at my face in the bright light. I just close my eyes and try not to look at anyone but it can be hard. But luckily my dentist dude is really nice so I feel more comfortable around him. Another thing is my dentist is a perfectionist so he takes forever to complete something and I usually sit in the chair for about 2 hours every visit. After he's done with me, my face is red, irritated from touching and pulling with all that lateex gloves and dry and flaky.

i remember a time when i went to the dentist for a cleaning.... you know that spray thing that they use to rinse your mouth? well, the water splashed all over the lower half of my face. Before I could protest, the dental assistant cleaning my teeth thought she would help by rubbing the water off me pretty hard with paper towel. huge mistake. makeup smear galore.

i wanted to kick her in the head.

well, I don't go to a dentist often and when I did, they were old so there was not much embarracement...

I do have bad teeth though. I think it doesn't matter what you do with them, if they're meant to be bad, they will be.

For example, my mom has never has a cavity until she had me. She only brushed it with a crappy toothpaste and that's it. Her teeth were good. I guess the lack of calcium from making all those bones for a baby really showed on her teeth.

I, however, have had bad teeth all my life. I get cavities everywhere. I brush twice a day for as long as I can stand it. I have a really strong gag reaction so I can't mess around with my wisdom teeth for too long.

I floss sometimes just because it's really annoying.

They want to pull my wisdom teeth out though! Put me to sleep and pull them out! All of them! The lower ones are screwing up my other teeth and are not even growing all the way! I can imagine myself on a surgery, sleeping, with a stupid expression. Hopefully, there won't be any acne because I'm on accutane.

zeroFantasy,

I'm gettin them out too bro. I'm hoping that my acne isn't too bad by then cuz the docs have plenty of time to scrutinize your face when they operate.

On the same note, I had an hour-long operation on my ankle, and they put me on anesthesia. Still, i think at least 4 people were operating on me. I was in one of those exposed gowns and trooper was probably in hibernation size. After operation came the nurse and her catheter...

Dentists are not a big deal. I enjoy going to the dentist, I find it relaxing. Nothing hurts thanks to the technology, and I sure as hell don't care what the dentist thinks about my skin.

For wisdom teeth I actually felt a little pain haha. I had all 4 taken out like zero mentioned, chose not to get gased, and I only took drugs (those T3s) for 6 hours after surgery. I'm a hero.

Before getting my braces, I hate to take out 4 wisdom teeth and 4 regular teeth. I was scared beause some of my wisdom teeth haven't grown out yet and they had to cut under the gum to take it out. So i took out 8 teeth in one day. They put me to sleep which was good because when I woke up everything was done and I felt no pain. Even after the surgery, my pain was soo minimal..Zerofantasy you should definately take your wisom teeth out.

That's the only reason I dont like going to the dentist. Bright lights and close proximity to my face. I absolutely wear make-up when I go, but then I worry If the lights highlight the caked up make-up, bumps underneath, or they ruin my make-up with water and I look a mess afterwards. UGH. hate the dentist chair.

That's the only reason I dont like going to the dentist. Bright lights and close proximity to my face. I absolutely wear make-up when I go, but then I worry If the lights highlight the caked up make-up, bumps underneath, or they ruin my make-up with water and I look a mess afterwards. UGH. hate the dentist chair.

i know, damn bastards evil.gif

Before getting my braces, I hate to take out 4 wisdom teeth and 4 regular teeth. I was scared beause some of my wisdom teeth haven't grown out yet and they had to cut under the gum to take it out. So i took out 8 teeth in one day. They put me to sleep which was good because when I woke up everything was done and I felt no pain.  Even after the surgery, my pain was soo minimal..Zerofantasy you should definately take your wisom teeth out.

yeah my mom told me no way she;s gonna let me do it when I sleep. She said it's too expensive... I dunno how I will handle it with a normal anesthesia. I feel pain when a dentist drills my teeth when I have the strongest anesthesia possible.

Guest Zitro

ZeroFantasy, I had my wisdom teeth removed, its not a fun time, but its better to take them off as soon as possible,

Wisdom teeth when they come out, they usually can make all your beautiful teeth all crooked, and you'll find that worse than having acne. It also would hurt a lot when coming out. My father didn't remove his wisdom teeth and made a mess in his mouth.

Guest Zitro

Sorry if this is long, but I want to encourage you to take off the wisdom teeth and explain my experiences. if the dentist says that they will cause future problems, remove them.

I took them off in summer 2003 (I was 16 yrs old),

_they gave me some laughing gas, I remember feeling strange, dazed and making jokes and giving a reference to the Lethal Weapon 4 laughing gas scene.

_They also put me on deep anesthesia liek a sedative, and I don't remember anything from the operation.

_they took all my 4 wisdom teeth out

_I felt weird and drunk when the operation was finished, andreturned hone

This is what I had to experience in the 10 days after the operation (not that bad)

_I was on antibiotics and some pain killers, I didn't feel any pain, but the side effects of the antibiotics was the deepest annoyance about having hte operation. antibiotics usually give me side effects (like when I was on minocycline)

_no pain with painkillers, slight pain without them on the second week

_I could talk normally, I called a friend on the phone to say I was allright.

_I had trouble eating, and my gums were obviously hurt, so I used salt water and a potent listerine-like thing which semed to heal my gums.

_my cheeks looked swoolen of course.

_in about my 10th day, everything returned to normal and I forgot about it ... its passed, and it wasn't terrible.

So, if you wanna save your teeth, you should do it, its not that bad, I promise.

yeah my mom told me no way she;s gonna let me do it when I sleep. She said it's too expensive... I dunno how I will handle it with a normal anesthesia. I feel pain when a dentist drills my teeth when I have the strongest anesthesia possible.

When I got mine done a few years back they used an IV anesthetic. Insurance covered it too, are you sure yours doesn't? It did cost like $1,000 more with it than without, at least I didn't have to go through the agony of sitting through it though.

When I got mine done a few years back they used an IV anesthetic.  Insurance covered it too, are you sure yours doesn't?  It did cost like $1,000 more with it than without, at least I didn't have to go through the agony of sitting through it though.

nope, this dentist just thinks he;s so goood that people must pay him the full price.

but he's an asshole that will make you feel like you've got the worst teeth ever...

We have to get another dentist...

nope, this dentist just thinks he;s so goood that people must pay him the full price.

but he's an asshole that will make you feel like you've got the worst teeth ever...

We have to get another dentist...

yuck sounds like u'r in for a blast. Did you know that dentists have the highest rate of suicide for any profession? Just thought I'd throw that out there.