Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KTInterScope

Excessive dryness

OK so, Dan's deal worked really well and my face is completly clear now! WOOT!. But i have a lot of dryness that i can't seem to get rid of. I've tried different creams and everything, and they work...for a little while but then i start to peel again. I'm afrid to use anything that might make my face get worse. Any suggestions?

How long have you been on Dan's regimen? Because you may just need to give your skin more time to adjust, and sooner or later the moisture level will balance out, but you shouldn't stop moisturizing!

I use Lubriberm (Oat Enriched) Lotion. It has naturally-sourced emollients and deep moisture conditioning. It is non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic. I use it every morning and in the evening.

In all honesty ANY type of moisturiser should work, just make sure it is non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic. Lubriderm is the best brand I've used sofar.

For the sun, I use:

Coppertone OIL FREE 15/30 SPF UVA/UVB Protection. I't won't clog pores and it's dermatologist tested. It says right on the back of the bottle that it won't clog pores and it won't cause acne breakouts.

Sofar these two products have worked for me.

How long have you been on Dan's regimen? Because you may just need to give your skin more time to adjust, and sooner or later the moisture level will balance out, but you shouldn't stop moisturizing!

I use Lubriberm (Oat Enriched) Lotion. It has naturally-sourced emollients and deep moisture conditioning. It is non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic. I use it every morning and in the evening.

In all honesty ANY type of moisturiser should work, just make sure it is non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic. Lubriderm is the best brand I've used sofar.

For the sun, I use:

Coppertone OIL FREE 15/30 SPF UVA/UVB Protection. I't won't clog pores and it's dermatologist tested. It says right on the back of the bottle that it won't clog pores and it won't cause acne breakouts.

Sofar these two products have worked for me.

After I had been on the regimen for a month my skin was still flaky and dry so I switched to a moisturizer with an AHA in it (I used Neutrogena healthy skin, it has Vitamins A, C, E , Pro Vitmain B5 and AHA and it's spf 15). I incorporated it into my regimen that night and my flakes were gone instantly!

After I had been on the regimen for a month my skin was still flaky and dry so I switched to a moisturizer with an AHA in it (I used Neutrogena healthy skin, it has Vitamins A, C, E , Pro Vitmain B5 and AHA and it's spf 15). I incorporated it into my regimen that night and my flakes were gone instantly!