Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revolution

How Many People Are Actually using The Regimen?

I'm confused.

Alright, I use Dan's Regimen. It works for me. What I am wondering is, how come I see people using drugs, antibiotics, accutane, abundances of B5, etc. Have you guys not tried Dan's regimen yet? Or have you tried it and failed? If so how long were you on it for? Because honestly I think this regimen is amazing and I think everyone on this forum and on this site should be using it! So how come a lot of you aren't using it?

I'm confused.

Alright, I use Dan's Regimen. It works for me. What I am wondering is, how come I see people using drugs, antibiotics, accutane, abundances of B5, etc. Have you guys not tried Dan's regimen yet? Or have you tried it and failed? If so how long were you on it for? Because honestly I think this regimen is amazing and I think everyone on this forum and on this site should be using it! So how come a lot of you aren't using it?

Well i'm new here and last night I read about this so I ran to the store and got:

basis cleanser bar

neutrogena 2.5% benzoyl peroxide

eucera skin renewal moisturizer

I started last night and I will be letting you all know how it works for me smile.gif

I'm praying

I totally agree with you, Revolution!

I've been on Dan's regimen for almost 2 years and I have great skin.

Unless these people have used the regimen consistently with no results, I can't see the reason for the all other extraneous meds, supplements and diet restrictions.

I had a major reaction (as in a breakout) to the BP on the second day. When I mean major, it was major.I just think BP destroys your skin for a lifetime and I am not interested in causing superficial and deep tissue damage.

I've tried everything, and at first I used Dan's regimen in combination with other stuff; now I use just the regimen with nothing else. And it works just as well as it did when I was on antibiotics and/or B5.

I'm using it. Going on 10 or 11 weeks now, maybe even 12 weeks, can't remember exactly, and it is working great.

I think alot of people come to this site for the great support it gives, even those that are already using other treatments, or are looking for all the available treatments to discuss, or just for the support of hanging out with people who know what we are all going through dealing with this.

I think a big part of why people don't get results with ANY treatment regimen is not sticking with it long enough. I see people giving up right and left and constantly changing washes, treatments, adding things here and there. I've been in those shoes too, constantly trying new things, but not giving anything enough time to truly work.

Anyway, glad it is working for you, there are alot of us here using Dan's regimen. And also alot who are not, for various reasons.

I had a major reaction (as in a breakout) to the BP on the second day. When I mean major, it was major.I just think BP destroys your skin for a lifetime and I am not interested in causing superficial and deep tissue damage.

I totally agree with you, Revolution!

I've been on Dan's regimen for almost 2 years and I have great skin.

Unless these people have used the regimen consistently with no results, I can't see the reason for the all other extraneous meds, supplements and diet restrictions.

I'm using it. Going on 10 or 11 weeks now, maybe even 12 weeks, can't remember exactly, and it is working great.

I think alot of people come to  this site for the great support it gives, even those that are already using other treatments, or are looking for all the available treatments to discuss, or just for the support of hanging out with people who know what we are all going through dealing with this.

I think a big part of why people don't get results with ANY treatment regimen is not sticking with it long enough. I see people giving up right and left and constantly changing washes, treatments, adding things here and there. I've been in those shoes too, constantly trying new things, but not giving anything enough time to truly work.

Anyway, glad it is working for you, there are alot of us here using Dan's regimen. And also alot who are not, for various reasons.

I've tried everything, and at first I used Dan's regimen in combination with other stuff; now I use just the regimen with nothing else. And it works just as well as it did when I was on antibiotics and/or B5.

That's good, I don't think the Regimen should be used in combination with anything, it is most powerful on it's own. It's also a lot SAFER too. I don't think anyone should have to be taking high dosages of B5 or any kind of medication, especially to solve a problem the drug is not meant to solve.

biggrin.gif That's what I like to hear.

Make sure you ease yourself in with the Benzoyl SLOWLY. For me, it took about 2 weeks for my skin to adjust. After the first month I was using the full amount suggested by Dan.

Hmm so do you reccommend I keep going slow? I dont get much burning at all. It said 2 weeks to start using a lot so we will see.

I haven't had pop for over 3 months now, even though I know there is no evidence to show that

I think lots of people are put off by this regimen because it uses BP. Most acne sufferers have turned to BP but have achieved no results. By the way, how exactly is smoothing the BP on your skin and not rubbing different? Very intriuged by this theory.

I think lots of people are put off by this regimen because it uses BP. Most acne sufferers have turned to BP but have achieved no results. By the way, how exactly is smoothing the BP on your skin and not rubbing different? Very intriuged by this theory.

http://www.acne.org/video.html

I can't stress it enough to view Dan's videos, they are a perfect NOTEBOOK form if there ever was one on how to apply the products.

Smoothing (gliding your fingers just barely over your skin until the BP is absorbed) doesn't irritate your skin. Rubbing it in really just makes it absorb more into your actual HAND/FINGER and it also irritates the skin and pushes the BP around.

Be gentle with it.

Mirror's can be decieving. Depending on the light, the angle, and the mirror, they all produce a different reflection. The way people see it is a question that cannot be answered, not in a million years because everyone see's differently and everyone has different vision. Dn't even worry about that right now, focus on clearing up and staying persistent with the Regimen. Have patience, you said you only started yesterday smile.gif It will improve dramatically though, just wait and see and after your skin balances out (this normally happens after the breakouts stop and the acne has ended) you will not only notice a big difference in pictures but your face will be clear.

This kind of sucks and im confused. I look in the mirror and i'm like damn my face is actually looking really good. Not much redness at all and pretty smooth. Then when I take a picture with our good camera and its flash it makes my face look like a nightmare!! I mean there is a huge huge diff. What is the way ppl see it?? It really does confuse me. Like if I go to the bathroom mirror my face really does look fine. If I go outside to the car rear view mirror, I see redness and the bumps. So what is this and what does everyone see???

This really sucks

I've been on the program for about 5 weeks, and it works. As for people saying their skin freaks out on the first day, first week, well - news flash, almost everyones skin freaks out. BP is killing all that bacteria living on in pores. BP kills bacteria, it doesn't damage facial tissue. eusa_eh.gif

Anyway.

People have to give it a good try like.... at least 2 months to give a good review of it.

for me..... in all of this. after 5 weeks I just got 1 pimple. 1. and its huge...I dunno why I got it.. but I can live with 1 zit in 5 weeks verse 10 on a daily basis.

Now I'm just trying to have patience in waiting for the redmarks left from the old acne to fade. smile.gif

I know, stores with their harsh lighting sucks. I'm on week 8 and I got 1 large pimple on my forehead, that's fading now. Like BreatheHope said, better 1 large one for a couple days, then a ton of 'em everyday.

Yeah, I don't think you can be allergic to BP. Redness, peeling and initial break-out is normal. I mean, I just got rid of all the redness just 2 weeks ago (6 weeks in). Adultacnegirl30, how long were you on the Regimen? Some people have a hard time getting their skin to adjust, but hang in there, it'll go away eventually.

Its pretty simple really ,

i was on Dans regime for a god while but it eventually lost its effectiveness.

I have tried many things like using B5 (absolute crap) and the Acne Free In 3 Days .

Then my acne started getting really bad and i really couldn't handle it anymore.

I had to go on to anbiotics or I would be really depressed.And my face would be really scarred.

Thats why people do .

Anyway

Its pretty simple really ,

i was on Dans regime for a god while but it eventually lost its effectiveness.

Anyway