Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mahway0k

proactiv BP vs. Dan's BP

Hey everyone,

After recently quitting my job for school, I've been trying to budget everything in my life so my savings can last longer. One thing that's real expensive is the proactiv line that i'm using for my skin. I know most of yall hate it, but it's done wonders for my skin.

The thing is that dan's bp gel is soooo much cheaper and I've heard raves about it from lots of people on this board.

Bottom line, I was wondering how my skin would react to switching to dan's BP gel. Has anyone been in my position? I really need your help because switching would save me some cash I could use. Everything helps. (:

thanks.

in solidarity,

W

ok here's the deal...

first off, proactiv NEVER worked for me. I'm glad it works for you.

It's very expensive, you're right there. I personally LOVE the proactive BP gel because it's very smooth to apply, very nice stuff...

I've gone from using that for about 6 months to using a BP gel from walmart called "Acne Free" which works just as well and is ALOT CHEAPER because you don't have to buy the entire "Acne Free" giddup, you can just buy the BP gel alone...

with that said, everyone is different. for me, swithing BP gel has had NO negative affects. NONE.

i think dan's BP is as cheap as it gets, i'd personally recommend that you go to a local walmart and pickup some stuff there...good luck bro, hope that helps.

Just a quick FYI, you can buy the BP gel from ProActiv seperate, but it's still pretty expensive.

I was thinking of switching BP gels since ProActiv is so expensive, but I've heard of bad results from switching BP products. Hopefully there will be more people sharing their experiences of switching off of ProActiv.

EDIT: Eventually I'd like to get off the other two products that come with ProActiv as well as change BP gels. Has anyone tried switching from the 3-step program to just using a BP gel? What are your experiences? What BP gel did you use, and did you use anything else?

Hi,

I was using Proactive before using Dan's BP Gel. Proactive doesn't work for me in the first two weeks. But, it started to work after a long while. However, I do no used it anymore due to it high price. Later, I come to know about Dan's BP Gel and decided to give it a try after all the good compliments from the forumers.

Dan's BP Gel doesn't heal my pimples in first two weeks. And during the time, my pimples are getting worse. My face is full of redness and seem to have more pimples over my cheek area. I'm so worry, so I stop using it for two days.

However, after 2 days, I start apply the BP Gel again with confident that it will help clearing off my pimples just like what have been written in this forum. I keep thinking positive and ignore all the negative comments given to me by all those sales person working in the skin care product counter. They keep saying how awful my face. I admit that I'm almost surrender to them. But, I'm glad I'm not purchasing any product from them.

I apply more gel on my cheeks area and later on the spot for another two weeks, and I notice a change. This time, I put a bit more BP Gel on my cheeks area and pimples spot. My face is now adapt to the BP Gel. Most of the small pimples have dried out, only left those big pimples at the moment. However, I did notice sun burn on my cheeks area probably because I didn't apply any morturizer at all. I'm afraid that my pimples won't dried later on. Well, I rather to have sun burn instead of pimples all over my cheeks area.

If my pimples clear off one day, I will try to use the skin culture peel product. I heard that it gives a good result too. So maybe later it can help me to remove the sun burn area on my cheeks. I wish my pimples can be clear off as soon as possible using Dan's BP Gel. For those who are using Dan's BP Gel, don't give it up just because it doesn't works for two weeks after using it. The Dan's BP Gel really works, all you have to do it confident on the gel and use it more frequent.

Anybody use skin culture peel product after pimples clear off? Do you guys have a much fairer skin and less or "NO" scars on face after apply the skin culture peel product? I thought of using it as soon as my pimples clear off.

Hey everyone,

After recently quitting my job for school, I've been trying to budget everything in my life so my savings can last longer.  One thing that's real expensive is the proactiv line that i'm using for my skin.  I know most of yall hate it, but it's done wonders for my skin. 

The thing is that dan's bp gel is soooo much cheaper and I've heard raves about it from lots of people on this board.

Bottom line, I was wondering how my skin would react to switching to dan's BP gel.  Has anyone been in my position?  I really need your help because switching would save me some cash I could use.  Everything helps.  (:

thanks.

in solidarity,

W

Ive been using proactiv 3 step system for the last 2 weeks. Recently had a horrid breakout but im clearing up. Proactiv kept me clear for 3 yrs, im hoping it will do the trick again. Right now my face is somewhat dry but not severely.

Im going to continue for another 2 - 4 weeks to see where im at then.

Personally i like the proactiv BP, for me money is not an issue, so im basically after what works best. Dans BP is much more irritating and drying then proactiv BP. With the proactiv BP i dont even use a moisturizer.

i use teh proactive bp only on my nose everyu once in a while and when it runs out ill buy some of the cheap stuff

I think the bp lotion stuff is fine but the bp wash with the little scrubber htings....

thast killed my face

ok, i just ordered dan's BP gel. I figured that if i use proactiv's BP in the morning and dan's at night, I could eventually slowly accomodate my skin to dan's BP gel when my proactiv gel runs out.

AHHH, wish me LUCK!

I use ProActiv 3-Piece but I use it according to Dan's Regimen. The only problem I have is the amount of BP (Theres only 2 FL O) so what I do is I also use On-The-Spot sometimes when I run out of BP.