Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I_hate_acne

The regimen is causing residue on my face

I started using the regimen 2 days ago. I'm using the Cetaphil gentle cleanser, Oxy BP, and Fruit of the Earth aloe vera as a moisturizer. (I cant really use a real moisturizer because they all break me out).

Anyway, I've started noticing residue on my face. Even after I wash my face, I can still feel that my face isnt completely clean. And after I pile on all that BP and moisturizer, my face feels really gross. I'm not even using all the BP I'm supposed to, if I were to use the amount suggested, my face would feel even worse. It's like my pores are all clogged up. Mu forehead is breaking out really bad. Is there anything I'm doing wrong??? Am I using the right stuff???

Ok great, now as I just washed my face, it stung like hell, an it didnt stop stinging until a few minutes after drying. What's happening??!?!?!

Your using way too much Bp for only 2 days, that's what's happening lol

You should only be using a TINY bit of BP for the first month. Immediatly stop using the BP until your skin goes back, and then re-start the session, this time take it slower and only use a small amount of BP across your problem areas, until your skin adjusts.

Hope that helps,

To give you an idea of how powerful it is, i've been using BP for over 2 years and if I used too much till this day, I still burn a bit. Moisturizer helps soothe this so make sure you are using a non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic cream. Lubriderm Oat Enriched is a good choice.