Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bijou

This worked for me %100

OK. This is an inexpensive routine I've finally nailed... and its helped %100. All i have left on my back is some pigmentation which is blending/fading with tanning.

What you need:

Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar (comes in oily skin, original, and dry skin. I use the dry skin formula on my face and the oily skin on my back.)

buy here

St. Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub for Oily or Acne Prone Skin

buy here

Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Gel (Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment)

buy here

AVON 2 step Clinical Peel

Best bet is to get it on ebay for like 10 or 12 bucks.

Unscented Baby Powder/Talcum Powder

Ok, its fairly simple...

Every morning scrub your back with the Apricot Scrub (scrub thoroughly, but be gentle with yourself... because we're jsut sloughing off dead skin here, we arent trying to sand pimples to oblivion). I find it works best if you mix the scrub in your palm with a little water, and slather it on your back before you even turn on the shower while your back is still dry. That way it doest dilute too much or rinse off immediately while your in the shower. After a good scrub, turn on the shower and rinse off. Do your normal shower routine, and then at the end of the shower, wash your back with the transparant bar to prevent breakouts that might be caused or agravated by shampoo or conditioner residue.

Next, dry off completely with fresh clean towel every day. Apply a thin layer of Neutrogena Rapid Clear Gel over the entire area. After it dries you can put your shirt on and go happily on your way.

Be sure to wear breathable cotton clothing, and if you wear a back pack, consider switching to a messenger bag with a shoulder strap... heat and friction cause monster zits. If possible, get a bag with a pad on the shoulder part, in minimizes how much the strap digs into your shoulder/back.

Use baby powder liberally throughout the day to absorb excess moisture/sweat on your back. just throw small amount down the back of your shirt and cover the area with a thin coat. Use it often - zits will not be pleased with this desolate environment, and they will cease to congregate there.

Rinse off in the shower every night before bed. Use the Neutrogena Bar. Dry off completely.

Every other night Apply the Avon Clinical 2 Step Glycolic Peel. This is the best part of the regimen, because not only does it destroy the zits you have, it prevents new ones like nothing else AND slowly fades away those lingering red marks. If you arent familiar with the Avon peel... its like this. You have 2 containers of these OXY pad-looking wipes, labeled Step One and Step Two. Step One is soaked in 10% Glycolic Acid, the STEP TWO in a neutralizer. Wipe Step One on your back and wait 5 minutes. Brush your teeth, Floss, moisturize your feet, I don't care, but WAIT the 5 minutes. Then Wipe Step 2 on your back, let it air dry for half a minute, and put the Neutragena Rapid Clear Gel on your back. Sleep in a clean cotton T-Shirt unless you wash your sheets every day.

This works wonders. Try it out and let me know.

xoxo

Bijou

I sometimes imagining filling my bathtub with astringent and sleeping in the tub. I wonder if that would do much...

How long did it take for you to notice serious results?  This method is interesting, especially the peel part of it.