Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey guys.i went to the derm today because i had this cyst that was so deep,i had to get it drained .i went there today thinking only a cortizone shot,because thats what he did last time to the same stop.and it really didnt do anyhting.so he cut it .i was so sad that i started to cry,my derm didnt show that much compassion which kinda made me more sad.he went on to explain different options for my scars.then he told me he didnt want me to take it the wrong way but i just have bad skin and i dont have alot of options.also that i will never have flawless skin,that hurt cry.gif i guess i always thought maybe just maybe it would be.he really hurt me but isnt it the truth?i mean look at all of us here trying so hard.trying any and everything just to be happy.i dont wannt be perfect i just want to feel normal.like i dont have to hide my face or avoid looking someone inthe eye because ihave acne.it really hurts me to feel this way about myself.i do feel lucky inother ways- i have been happily married for ten years.i have 2 beautiful kids.i do have alot of good friends and family.but alot of the time iam emotionally drained about my skin it evil.gif ruins everthing.i just cant accept that i have to live with this skin.i dont know what to do any more to try to help myself.i just want it to be over.

Hey NYC it's good to cry it out sometimes, I've had acne so long it's scary. Unlike you i'm on my second marriage and honestly it effects this aspect of my life also. Those cysts that don't heal make you feel so ugly, and the scars seems to become deeper and deeper. But you do have a positive side of your life, I'm trying to focus on my son and school so I don't get to down on myself. I know we try hard to stop this problem and things don't seem to improve, but I know you probably are the most sensitive person. When a person is in pain, or feels like a social outcast I bet you can help better than anyone because you understand. Although I wish this problem never existed for me I know my heart is golden, and I bet despite all your problems with your skin you are too. We have to keep trying to heal the outside but also heal on the inside. Please be strong if not for yourself for your kids and husband.

So sorry you are feeling so down - it is hard as an adult with kids to have to deal with acne when you feel you should have outgrown it long ago. It almost broke my heart when my little boy asked me why I had chhickenpox all over my face (he had chicken pox at the time and it was the only thing he could equate it to). There is hope though - my skin is so much better these days since I started experimenting with treatments that I found on the net and this messageboard in particular. What have you tried NYC?- just in case there is something we can suggest...

i feel really bad for you sad.gif

I know its tough, try not to think about it too much, that means no staring in the mirror for too long etc.

Do you have someone to talk to? I mean you might be surrounded by friends and family, but that can make you feel even more lonely if you cant speak to them about how you are feeling..

byz

He just CUT it without asking?!?! What about the shot?

I would get so pissed, how could he do that? Do you think you will get another scar because of this?

Polkas right, you need someone to talk to about it.

For me, its the nice people here in these boards that get me through my acne and scaring. I would have gone completely INSANE if i never found this place.

I hope you can settle down and maybe appretiate the things that you do have and less of the things you dont. Thats what i do and sometimes it works, but not always. Im pretty depressed most of the time. Dont be like me.

he said he had to cut it because it was very deep.i hope it doesnt leave another scar.i put some neopsrin on it and a bandaid.i just cant take it anymore. i just thought being now 29 that it would stop.thanks guys for all your replies.you guys are the only ones that cant understand what iam going through anytime i talk about acne to anyone else i sware the first thing they ask me is "did you try proactive"?i just wanna knock them out! ppl that dont have acne cant understand how it feels.iam just soooooooo down right now.

NYC,

in your first post you used words which are exactly the same I have used to describe how I feel in the past...it is good in a way, to see that other people feel exactly the same, even if they don't let it show. But it also hurts, because I know how terrible it is and my heart goes out to you. I am a bit younger still, but I think the effects acne has on people don't differ that much, no matter what age.

Someone to talk to is the most important thing...someone who really knows you well. That's something that helps in any situation, but when it's so hard to be open and honest about one's own problem it is all the more important.

I try to look at people that have got acne and people who are scarred and I try to be honest...do I think they are ugly because of that? And the answer is no...If I think they are, then it is for some other reason, then I'd see it that way with or without acne. And people who have acne probably are the ones that loath the sight of it more than anyone else, I could imagine. So it helps me a little sometimes to think I'm the only one that sees nothing but unhealthy skin when I look at myself. Other people look at YOU and not just your skin...but it takes someone who knows the problem to understand completely.

I went to a different derm after the first came into the room, looked at me and said 'Whoa, that looks everything but good'. How come insensitive butt-heads like that are allowed to treat people who have problems that affect their psychological well-being?

I have neurodermatitis in addition to the acne, and the next doctor I went to see ( it took me more than a year til I could muster the courage to try again!!) looked at my hands, looked at my face and said 'Oh, and both at the same time...that must be really hard on you, especially in the summer!' And that was all it took, a little bit of understanding, a little sign that she actually doesn't think anything bad about it or just doesn't even notice that it is mentally PAINFUL.

Guest OrangeFlower

Hey NYC Barfly,

your story made me feel pretty sad too. Sometimes I just can't believe that a skin disease like acne which seems to have a 'simple causal explanation' is yet to have a cure.

Im 22-been struggling with acne since i was 14 and I remember going to a dermatologist who told me I should have come in sooner for treatment because then I wouldn't have so much scarring. sad.gif

I know he was being honest but his response certainly didn't make me feel any better. I couldn't afford to come in sooner and family members had encouraged me to seek treatment outside of a doctor's office because they didn't think it was that bad or that i should just give it time.

No one really understands the pain of acne -the frustration of it besides an acne sufferer.

I know how you feel about just wanting to be normal. I also try to explain this to family members when they think that im worrying about my acne too much.

People used to tell me that I had a pretty face and I should try modeling

but I don't get many compliments anymore and it hurts.

I hope that you try out the options available to you-maybe they can make improvements with lasers.

Gosh, i really don't know what to say because I haven't seen pictures.

I keep hoping that the skin researchers will come out with some new treatment soon.

Thats great that you have happiness in your marriage and children too-I bet many many people would love to be in your shoes.

Stay hopeful and find things to do that stimulate your mind and creativity.

You may want to try and change dermatologist too wink.gif

"Whoever has health has hope and Whoever has hope has everything."

i can so relate. every time i visit the dermatologist, i feel WORSE for some reason... i remember i visited one dermatologist and she said "nothing else will work for you except accutane". and i told her, "my mom doesn't want me to take accutane" and then the look on her face was like, "oh okay. then there's no hope for you anymore." goooosh, after that, i came home crying.

i just switched dermatologist and so far, so good.she prescribed me some topicals and it seems to be working. my skin is still HIDEOUS.. lots of red marks and stuff, but generally, the active acne has been becoming less frequent and smaller only after one week. when i came back from the derma today, she was like, "wow it looks so much better". and even if thats a positive comment, i dunno... it still depressed me. like, if THIS is "better", what did i look like before? ew.

my derma says by the time school starts in june, i just might be clear. smile.gif *hopeful*

i need to find a better derm in brooklyn ny.i just dont know where to start.i guess i have to start interviewing these bastards!lol.thanks for everyones kind words.you guys are the only ones that understand me without this board i dont know what i would do.

hey guys.i went to the derm today because i had this cyst that was so deep,i had to get it drained .i went there today thinking only a cortizone shot,because thats what he did last time to the same stop.and it really didnt do anyhting.so he cut it .i was so sad that i started to cry,my derm didnt show that much compassion which kinda made me more sad.he went on to explain different options for my scars.then he told me he didnt want me to take it the wrong way but i just have bad skin and i dont have alot of options.also that i will never have flawless skin,that hurt cry.gif i guess i always thought maybe just maybe  it would be.he really hurt me but isnt it the truth?i mean look at all of us here trying so hard.trying any and everything just to be happy.i dont wannt be perfect i just want to feel normal.like i dont have to hide my face or avoid looking someone inthe eye because ihave acne.it really hurts me to feel this way about myself.i do feel lucky inother ways- i have been happily married for ten years.i have 2 beautiful kids.i do have alot of good friends and family.but alot of the time iam emotionally drained about my  skin it evil.gif  ruins everthing.i just cant accept that i have to live with this skin.i dont know what to do any more to try to help myself.i just want it to be over.

i dont hink the regimen will help me i get cyst now and then my acne has calmed down its the scarring that really depresses me.im trying to get a pic up but iam having a hard time.

Guest OrangeFlower

didn't people say in the Success Stories that the regimen helped them with their cystic acne?

my 1000th post

crazy

i dont hink the regimen will help me i get cyst  now and then my acne has calmed down its the scarring  that really depresses me.im trying to get a pic up but iam  having a hard time.

when i went to the derm<da asshole)he gave me zoderm which is bp with a urea base.i was thinking of giving that a try.i stillhave to do something about the scarring.

Good for you! Try it and you'll see. Stick with the regimen and watch the videos. It helps! Good luck!

Guest Zitro

What do you mean he cut it ????

anyways, you are many reasons to be happy... sometimes we have to accept our flaws

Guest Zitro

from my signature ...

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you have decided to look beyond the imperfections."

well he took a little razor and made a small slice to drain it.yuck omg i still dont believe i had to go through that.i know i have alot to be thankful for.i have to stop obessing with my skin.i must look in the mirror a million times a day .please my neighbors must think im crazy when they see me hanging out the window doing my makeup..lol just to make sure i covered everything and i dont have too much on.ihate the over made look.