Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stoicmark

Marks BP Bacne & Armcne Log

Okay, April 25th 2005. Today I purchased 60ML of Stiefel PanOxyl 5% BP gel and a 75G Bar of PanOxyl Antibacterial Acne 5%BP content. Will keep aprised...

Ok, 48 hours now. I've lathered my torso and upper arms in BP and also washed with BP soap. No dryness yet but some redness. A noticable smoothness has returned to my upper arms, but that is all. Very early yet.

Been doing as Dan says, using a whole lot of BP. Been wondering how much of Ance is psychosomatic for me. Yeah, it is real but I see it in a wholly different light than anyone who has actually seen my back and upper arms. The monster I see is just some acne to anyone else. None the less, I am sufficiently fed up about it that I am going to try Dan's regime for several months at least.

I was dating a girl and did not want to have her to touch my bumpy arms and back. Anyways, single again thus time to do this for me and me only. I'm too old to have acne. eusa_boohoo.gif

Day 4. Been lathering myself in BP, probably 8 grams a day at least. No real changes yet, aside from less redness after I wake up in the morning.

Day 5 Ok, bewtween the BP soap and the BP cream I am starting to dry out my arms and back. The good news is I can rub the top of my back and not feel the bumps that were there a week ago. Some redness on the back of my neck.

Day6. Seems to be working! Early yet but I'm pleased thus far, aside from the drying effect of the BP on my back and shoulders. Skin feels tight and is quite red.

Day8. Ouch! My skin is being brutalized! Dry and red, starting to hurt now. Acne is receeding, so all and all I am happy.

Day 9. Skin is tight and scaled. I watched Dans videos last night and I was shocked at the amount of 2.5% BP he dumped on his face. I went through a 5%BP 60g tube in 8 days, which I though was a lot until watching the video. With any luck I should start to see my skin adjust to the amount I am using and the dryness should subside.

It is working, so no real complaints.

Ok, Day 11!

My skin is finally adapting to the BP, although scaling, dryness and redness persists.

As for Acne, I never would have though a topical cream could cure what is an internal condition, but it seems to do the trick. Still a ways to go yet mind ya but for less than 2 weeks I wouldn't dare complain.

Day 14. What can I say? I'm red and scaley. Noticed a few new bumps trying to break through, but still way better than it was.

Day 14, part deux.

New zits forming. Had a huge one on my back that I never noticed. sad.gif hard to get the BP spread on the dead centre of my back, gonna have to get creative! Still red and scaly.

Keep it up brother! Thanks for updating so much, too! It helps a lot of us i bet. Can't wait to hear how it all turns out.

Day 15. I've been itchy all over, wondering if an antihistamine would stop me from scratching and picking like I've been doing since the weekend.

Keeping it real on the BP front, still pouring it on thick and often. Still red and scaly.

A word of advice for anyone thinking of the BP option: Use a moisturizer! And watch Dan's video's on this site to give you an idea of just how much to dump on your body.

In other words, use Dan's Clear Skin Regimen like he tells you to. eusa_naughty.gif

My friend,

i am glad that the regemin seems to be working for you thus far.

You keep sayin that you are dry red and scaley.

NOT GOOD.

You desperatly need to buy a moisturiser and fast.

Apply it about 10 mins after the bp.

twice a day.

The reddness, scaleyness and the dryness should be gone within days.

Keep with ur regemin and keep[ us informed

JOOSH

Day 17

Point well taken Joosh!

I finally broke down and bought a tube of Aveeno Daily baby Lotion. Fragrance-free, hypoallergenic and contains colloidial oatmeal. 227ML for $6.99 at Loeb in Canada

Lo and behold, there was actually some skin left under all that redness. And that skin was not nearly as ance prone as it has been for years.

Keeping the faith,

MOI

Sounds like it's working well, but I agree, sounds like you could use some moisturizer. Also, if just the regular regimen doesn't work to get you as clear as you want, you can try adding in AHA. http://www.acne.org/backacne.html

Hey Dan! Thanks for dropping in smile.gif You are an inspiration, thanks for being true to this cause and not selling out! BP works, you just have to dump enough of it on your skin people! LOTS of it!

I figured out a way to hit the centre of my back...I bought a spatula and just put the BP on the spatula eusa_clap.gif Works like a charm!

Still red, and gonna be that way for a while now due to me being stubborn and pigheaded and refusing to accept that even I need a moisturizer.

A few new zits, but I fight the urge to pick at them. eusa_snooty.gif

day 22. I had to lay off the BP cream for a few days because I didn't moisturize at first like dan told me to. I only used the soap in the mean time along with a tonne of St. Ives Intensive relief lotion that is unscented and hypo-allergenic.

I did notice some breakouts, which is unfortunate. maybe now that I am following the regimine to the letter i will avoid any future breakouts.

Anyways, back at it.

Day 23.

So in a little over 3 weeks I went through about 200G of BP. About 5G per application, twice a day.

It works people. I bet in 3 months my skin will be smooth as silk, once the dryness fades away.

Imagine being acne free. Try Dan's routine, watch his videos and see just how much he dumps on his face. Giver!

Day 25.

I'm itchy, been itchy for a week or so now. My skin is doing good, still trying to recover from the dryness of not moisturizing. All and all, I'm satisfied.

No new zits per se, just a few little blemishes.

Day 27.

I've switched to a water based BP gel. I think the alcohol base I was using before was seriously drying my skin. Same manufacturer, Stiefel.

A few breakouts, but man what a difference a month makes.

Day 29

The good news is, I upped my BP dose to 20G a day and have virtually no new ance forming. The bad news is I have no skin left for acne to form on. lol

The water based BP works better than the alcohol based for my skin, but this 5% BP is too strong now. I have looked in vain for 2.5% BP in Canada and the lowest % I can find is 4%. Anyone with acne o the body should probably start with 5% but transition to the 2.5% after the skin has cleared.

And of course, use a moisturizer. I didn't for the first couple of weeks and I pay everyday for that now. Hard to go back and undo what is already done so do it right the first time.

Day 31.

Ok, because I didn't follow instructions and use a moisturizer at first I am going to have to give my skin a break. I'll still post here but a week without BP to bring my skin back from the dead is in order.