Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aizzuh

two questions: hot showers and exercise

hi!anyway:

1. i notice that when i take really hot baths, my acne seems so RED AND INFLAMED after. do you think hot water aggravates acne??? or just makes your skin appear red temporarily?

2. my dermatologist said to avoid activities that make you sweat. but i also read in this board that exercise seems to clear people up... because sweat helps you lose dead skin cells??? so... i just wanna hear your feedback. thanks.

Does that mean when i have a shower, its doing my skin damage ????

Do i have to have cold showers or something ?

yeah my face goes all red after I've had a bath, but its the heat, or something, I dont think hot water is bad for youre face, mine looks better after a bath than it does after a cold clense. I think heat clams youre skin down.

as for exercise, it is good for youre skin, just as long as you wash youre face or have a bath afterwards to remove the sweat.

I agree with blackbirdbeatle-- this guy obviously has NO idea what he's talking about. The problem of sweat potentially blocking pores and exacerbating acne after exercise is simply resolved by showering shortly after exercise, not by avoiding exercise altogether. Regular exercise is very important both for skin health and your health in general; so long as you shower after getting all sweaty you'll be fine, and in fact the consistent exercise will show visible benefits in your skin. Also, be sure to moisturize when you step out of the shower as washing and especially washing 2+ daily can dry out your skin, triggering breakouts.

What is your definition of hot?? Cuz yes, if its hotttt then it'll aggravate the acne. Luke warm is the safest and less drying for your skin.

As long as you cleanse your face after excersise you'll be fine. Plus, how can you avoid sweating?? To stay healthy you gotta workout.

I found an Acne remedy. What do you guys think about this

Ingredients: -showering 2-3 times a day in running hot water ( not too hot so you burn yourself but fairly hot)

Instructions: Take a hot shower 3 times a day and let the RUNNING WATER RUN ON YOUR FACE all over your face for about 3-5 MINUTES

until face tightens up. You will see that it naturally gets rid of the oil and will clear up your acne in about a week.For the guys, if you shave, please use an electric shaver and shave before you shower. Regular razor blades will irritate skin with acne and cause more unwanted oil. Also wash your hair just once a day with a non conditioning shampoo ( this will stop the oils from your head from reaching the rest of you face).Do not use soap or anything else on your face while doing this and never WASH or TOUCH your face with your hands. This just adds more unwanted oils from your hands. Just wash hair and rinse face thats it! If u find that u r still getting oil build up ( such as when u wake up in thee morning) in certain areas such as the nose or forehead, sprinkle a little bit of SALT on these areas while they r still wet and leave on and let dry for about 1/2

an hour and then rinse it off with runnuing hot water in the shower as I said before.just try this method it works for me

?

I must admit when ever i do this my face goes all dryish, and the red marks all fade. Perhaps if i kept doing this they may eventually fade permantly

I found an Acne remedy. What do you guys think about this

Ingredients: -showering 2-3 times a day in running hot water ( not too hot so you burn yourself but fairly hot)

Instructions: Take a hot shower 3 times a day and let the RUNNING WATER RUN ON YOUR FACE all over your face for about 3-5 MINUTES

until face tightens up. You will see that it naturally gets rid of the oil and will clear up your acne in about a week.For the guys, if you shave, please use an electric shaver and shave before you shower. Regular razor blades will irritate skin with acne and cause more unwanted oil. Also wash your hair just once a day with a non conditioning shampoo ( this will stop the oils from your head from reaching the rest of you face).Do not use soap or anything else on your face while doing this and never WASH or TOUCH your face with your hands. This just adds more unwanted oils from your hands. Just wash hair and rinse face thats it! If u find that u r still getting oil build up ( such as when u wake up in thee morning) in certain areas such as the nose or forehead, sprinkle a little bit of SALT on these areas while they r still wet and leave on and let dry for about 1/2

an hour and then rinse it off with runnuing hot water in the shower as I said before.just try this method it works for me

?

hi!anyway:

1. i notice that when i take really hot baths, my acne seems so RED AND INFLAMED after. do you think hot water aggravates acne??? or just makes your skin appear red temporarily?

2. my dermatologist said to avoid activities that make you sweat. but i also read in this board that exercise seems to clear people up... because sweat helps you lose dead skin cells??? so... i just wanna hear your feedback. thanks.

The reason your face gets red after a hot shower is because your blood vessels nearer to your skin dialate...causing heat to be lost more effectively! Amazing how our body works huh?

From this, I dont think its a big deal...or has anything to do with acne...but, hey thats just my thought.

Do some research about the sweating. I think the general consenseus is NO...