Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SSS

Anyone Try Not Using ANything

I have been finding some articles on the net, that sais ist the products that are causing the acne, for people who are past their teenage years and out of puberty,

They suggest to stop using all the products just wash your face normally with just plain water and use a light moisturizer to keep it hydrated,

Has anyone who are past their teenage years, stopped all the products and seen positive results in the way their skin looked?

I have been finding some articles on the net, that sais ist the products that are causing the acne, for people who are past their teenage years and out of puberty,

They suggest to stop using all the products just wash your face normally with just plain water and use a light moisturizer to keep it hydrated,

Has anyone who are past their teenage years, stopped all the products and seen positive results in the way their skin looked?

appearantly it hasn't been working for me -.-;; If products have helped me, some have helped others made it worse.. I guess it depends on you =\ .. but .. I have an appointment with a derm today ^_^

I have tried to just use a regular cleanser(I like dial liquid with aloe), and a moisterizer. I did see some improvement, but nothing drastic. I think the main thing is to avoid anything that is harsh, and things that have fregrance. Ive noticed that I do better with fregrance free stuff. Also, I have kids, and I like using their baby soap. I just buy the cheap, hypoalergenic kind. It is extremely gentle. I would avoid the lavender ones, I haven't tried them on myself, but they irritated my babys skin, there for I would imagine it would irritate sensitive skin. Anything with SA or BP really messes up my skin. From doing some research, I think a lot of acne comes from dead skin cells blocking pores(this is probably common knowledge for people who have been at this site a long time, but its new to me eusa_angel.gif ) So I would imagine that things that dry your skin would make acne worse. Ive started using the loreal renoviste thing, and seen improvement. My acne is mild to moderate, and Ive only used 2 of the little vials it comes with, and I only have one small active zit, and 2 or 3 inactive. AND my blackheads are going away. Anyways(sorry, rambling...its late here) its my opinion that if you use a mild cleanser and moisterizer daily, then a lighter mask or peel once or twice a week for exfoliation(instead of scrubbing your face with a loofa, or whatever...) that you dont gets as much irritation and dry skin.

i just use water to wash my face, and aloe vera gel lightly in the daytime, and then i put alot on at night,,

I havent noticed any breakouts from stopping the use of the other products,

Keeping it simple is the key. However if I did not use anything on my skin (BP, Moisturizer, & Toner) it would not be clear.

If I didn't use anything besides water my face wouldn't be as clear.

However my face isn't even very clear... sad.gif

I am currently using the clean and clear blackhead clearing wash (that has those little blue beads) but I read that those aren't too good for ya. I'm not sure though because it HAS made my skin softer. My pores used to be even more clogged and it seemed like washing didn't make a difference. So this scrub might be working for now.

Does BP or SA help with removing blackheads? Because it seems like no matter what I do they stay in my nose and under my bottom lip.