Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ive decided to visit a dermatologist, preferably in london. But am having problems looking for one. Anyone on this board visit a dermatologist in london( or close)? and what are your experiences from them?

I can't see why you have a problem finding a dermatologist, you just get your Doctor to refer you. Bear in mind he may not refer you straight away (even if you want to go private).

my doctors a bit of a evil.gif , i asked him but he brushed it away. i tried looking for a dermatologist on the online yellow pages but came up with many cosmetic surgeons ( some of which do treat acne). but just so many out there. so anyone?

To see a dermatologist I'm sure you have to be refered and can't go independently even if you find one listed, so it might be an idea to change your Doctor. I'm not saying a different Doctor would refer you straightaway but if your current Doctor is unhelpful it might not do any harm to change anyway. I don't know anything about cosmetic surgeons but I think you would be better off going down the Doctor/ Dermatologist route IMO.

In my experience Doctors tend to try you on various medicines ie antibiotics etc. before they refer you to a dermatologist (even if you go privately) but its worth noting these treatments may work well. Having said that, if you find a more helpful Doctor he may be willing to refer you straightaway, possibly depending on your circumstances.