Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

well i have been a member since october, but i never posted much until this past week because i am just getting so frustrated...as soon as i get my skin clearer and fade off some of those red marks, i break out again!!!

i have been to a dermatologist twice lately because i wanted to get put on accutane, but since i have other medical problems, they won't allow me to start it...

last summer, i had great results with zenmed, and my skin was so much more clear so i thought i would work on my scarring for a while...well i did one chemical peel and my acne came right back, and i have been dealing with it off and on since november...it is so frustrating sometimes because i have had it since i was 11 years old, and i am about to turn 25...i remember when i was in highshool, i was told that my acne would clear up when i turned 18--well what i bunch of bull that was, because that was when my acne turned into cystic acne...

anyway, enough about my background...lol...or this will be way too long...

i have decided to start a new system...i have read a lot about the epsom salt pads thingy, and i tried it for the first time last night with good results...it isn't a miracle cure or anything, but i think i will try it out for a while...

this morning i did the same thing again, but this time adding some apple cidar vinegar to the solution, and again nothing dramatic, but skin looks a bit better...

so basically here is my new plan:

epsom salt pads twice a day(with a few drops of acv)

2 cups of green tea a day

spot treat with betadine solution

if anyone has any information to add, please post!! =)

ok, so last night i did the pads thing again...and i can tell it is drawing out all sorts of gunk from my face, the only problem is , with some tiny pimples it turned them into cysts--maybe eventually that was what was gonna happen, and the epsom salt is making the process a lot more quicker...a few of the ones i was trying to heal actually did dry up over night, but now there are a few more...so i am gonna stick with this anyway for a little while longer...

it just makes me so annoyed eusa_boohoo.gif

this reg is horrible, sorry to break it to you. Ill never understand people with acne....

o wait, i used to be the same way! Trying these crazy ass regimens, always hoping itl work.

You have to be gentle with your skin!!Search for christineM regimen, youll save yourself alot fo trouble.

I didnt mea to be rude, but i just want to get into peoples heads, i you to pay attention to what im saying, you dont need to dry your skin off with salt pads to cure acne, no one has ever gotten rid of acne with your method, you need to be gentle and it will promote healthy skin. gentle cleanse, gentle exfoliate, moisturize. simple simple simple

this reg is horrible, sorry to break it to you. Ill never understand people with acne....

o wait, i used to be the same way! Trying these crazy ass regimens, always hoping itl work.

You have to be gentle with your skin!!Search for christineM regimen, youll save yourself alot fo trouble.

I didnt mea to be rude, but i just want to get into peoples heads, i you to pay attention to what im saying, you dont need to dry your skin off with salt pads to cure acne, no one has ever gotten rid of acne with your method, you need to be gentle and it will promote healthy skin. gentle cleanse, gentle exfoliate, moisturize. simple simple simple

ha ok, knew commenting here would be a problem.Everyone says the same thing, SCRUB EVERYDAY!!!111111omggggg. Well if you go real gentle, theres 0 irratation, but dont listen to me, im 100% clear. Good luck using salts and vinegar to clear your acne. When your frustrated with your reg, stop by christinem's, id love to help you.

well i have been a member since october, but i never posted much until this past week because i am just getting so frustrated...as soon as i get my skin clearer and fade off some of those red marks, i break out again!!!

i have been to a dermatologist twice lately because i wanted to get put on accutane, but since i have other medical problems, they won't allow me to start it...

last summer, i had great results with zenmed, and my skin was so much more clear so i thought i would work on my scarring for a while...well i did one chemical peel and my acne came right back, and i have been dealing with it off and on since november...it is so frustrating sometimes because i have had it since i was 11 years old, and i am about to turn 25...i remember when i was in highshool, i was told that my acne would clear up when i turned 18--well what i bunch of bull that was, because that was when my acne turned into cystic acne...

anyway, enough about my background...lol...or this will be way too long...

i have decided to start a new system...i have read  a lot about the epsom salt pads thingy, and i tried it for the first time last night with good results...it isn't a miracle cure or anything, but i think i will try it out for a while...

this morning i did the same thing again, but this time adding some apple cidar vinegar to the solution, and again nothing dramatic, but skin looks a bit better...

so basically here is my new plan:

epsom salt pads twice a day(with a few drops of acv)

2 cups of green tea a day

spot treat with betadine solution

if anyone has any information to add, please post!! =)

I heard that Sodium Chloride (Salt) clogs pores. Salt  will harden clogged deposits further, thus rendering them more stubborn and more difficult to remove. (maybe thats why your tiny pimples turned into cysts )

I think you need to use some non-comedogenic products(i.e. products that do not contain high wax content), and are well balanced with adequate active ingredients to "fine-tune" your skin and bring back your clean, fresh, youthful, silky, and baby-soft complexion.

Also consider Changing your pillow case nightly. Bacteria attracted to old pillow case can multiply in great numbers and can pass on to your face when you lie on it. Sleep adequately, and drink plenty of water too. Try not to over stress yourself

Good luck  wink.gif

i just did the pads again, and my huge cyst on my forhead has popped on its own...amazing...this thing would have sat there for months otherwise...i put new pads on popped pimples to make the swelling go down...i think this system takes persitence, it would probably be best to fall asleep with the pads on, that way they are on a long time...but i tried that last night and couldn't get to sleep...

the annoying thing about the epsom is that when it crystalizes it makes a snowy mess all over the place...for instance i thought the sink was clean until i looked at it this morning--it was crystal, not crystal clean...lol...lame joke i know...

[attachmentid=1114]i just did the pads again, and my huge cyst on my forhead has popped on its own...amazing...this thing would have sat there for months otherwise...i put new pads on popped pimples to make the swelling go down...i think this system takes persitence, it would probably be best to fall asleep with the pads on, that way they are on a long time...but i tried that last night and couldn't get to sleep...

the annoying thing about the epsom is that when it crystalizes it makes a snowy mess all over the place...for instance i thought the sink was clean until i looked at it this morning--it was crystal, not crystal clean...lol...lame joke i know...

post-10660-1114518954_thumb.jpg

post-10660-1114518954_thumb.jpg

Guest OrangeFlower

i agree with the warning about scrubs-they are too harsh for your skin -causing it to overreact!

so...the right side of my face is lookin pretty swollen this morning...one of the popped pimples (a small one) has swollen about 1/4th of the right side...well maybe not that big...i should have kept the pads on all night...but they are itchy...anyway, when i get back from my videofloroscopy i will try to make the swelling go down...i just hate having to wear any kind of makeup...i know i am a girl and all, but i would rather just splash water on my face and go...the other cysts are healing nicely...so some of my face is doin better whereas the other part looks like shit...pardon my french...i am just upset...

tonight i tried something called the cupcake mask from lush...the idea is ur supposed to feel , "wow i can put all the chocolate i want on my face and not break out"...well it smells like poo and looks like poo, and it is a bitch to rinse off...

ok i have decided to incorporate milk thistle (liquid form) and dissolvable silicea 6 c , maybe these will help...anyone ever tried them?

ok i have decided to incorporate milk thistle (liquid form) and dissolvable silicea 6 c , maybe these will help...anyone ever tried them?

Dont u think that you r putting too many different things on your face?

Have u tried Retin A ? it works wonders , at least it cleared 90% of my cystic acne . cool.gif

Dont u think that you  r putting too many different things on your face?

Have u tried Retin A ? it works wonders , at least it cleared 90% of my cystic acne .  cool.gif

Hi,

I've seen you on the silica 6x thread. I just wanted to share whats been helping me.

1.) cleans with cetaphil

2.) tone with cotton ball with water and then ACV swipe over face.

3.) Apply as a heavy mask A+D cream zinc oxide with aloe. Leave on overnight. sleep on back as much as possible.

I've had my marks fade about 65-70% with just the cream. But I have zits that weren't doing anything. Just there. Then about 3 days ago started to incorporate the vinegar and my zits are crusting up and falling off. I'm looking so much better now. I can almost cover everything with makeup and feel much better about my skin. I'm just crossing my fingers and praying that I can get 100%

Everyones skins different, but just hoping to help someone if I can.

I used to do the salt pads too. but I got tired of it. Its hard for me to get them to stick and stay put! Good luck! I hope you find your way to perfect skin. You have a really pretty face. redface.gif I don't think people say that to each other enough. Ya know. biggrin.gif

Hi,

I've seen you on the silica 6x thread.    I just wanted to share whats been helping me. 

1.) cleans with cetaphil

2.) tone with cotton ball with  water and then ACV swipe over face.

3.) Apply as a heavy mask A+D cream  zinc oxide with aloe. Leave on overnight.  sleep on back as much as possible.

I've had my marks fade about 65-70% with just the cream. But I have zits that weren't doing anything. Just there. Then about 3 days ago started to incorporate the vinegar and my zits are crusting up and falling off.  I'm looking so much better now.  I can almost cover everything with makeup and feel  much better about my skin.  I'm just crossing my fingers and praying that I can get 100%

Everyones skins different, but just hoping to help someone if I can.

I used to do the salt pads too. but I got tired of it. Its hard for me to get them to stick and stay put!  Good luck! I hope you find your way to perfect skin.  You have a really pretty face.    redface.gif  I don't think  people say that to each other enough. Ya know.  biggrin.gif

I believe if I am not mistaken, that A+D zinc cream is really a diaper rash ointment...you should be able to find it in the baby care isle. Once, during the winter when the skin around my thumbs was cracking miserably, my mom asked a pharmacist his opinion on what to do, and he suggested this ointment. It did not help my dry hands, and I've never tried it on my face, but I would think it would be safe enough to try--if it's safe enough to put on the delicate skin of a baby that is.

I believe if I am not mistaken, that A+D zinc cream is really a diaper rash ointment...you should be able to find it in the baby care isle.  Once, during the winter when the skin around my thumbs was cracking miserably, my mom asked a pharmacist his opinion on what to do, and he suggested this ointment.  It did not help my dry hands, and I've never tried it on my face, but I would think it would be safe enough to try--if it's safe enough to put on the delicate skin of a baby that is.