Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~TEPL0~

Diet doesn't matter if your treatment works

I was a big fan of diet for a long time, because it definitely affects acne. Lately I got the regimen to work really well, so I've been finding that I can eat anything I want, including ice cream, dairy, whatever, and my acne is still under control. Go figure.

It's a huge load off my chest to not be worried about diet anymore. Time to go get a burrito with cheese and sour cream biggrin.gif

I'd rather have a good diet and be clear than be completely dependent on chemicals the rest of my life. Right now, I use absolutely nothing that's not natural on my face and things are looking well.

Right it "doesn't" matter if your treatment works, but for some of us, the treatments didn't work, so it DOES matter to us. Of course, I wouldn't want to be dependent on certain drugs or chemicals either IF there was a natural alternative to treating it. Remember summer is coming and in the summer most of us have skin that behaves a bit better, that is if you aren't simply growing out if it. If you aren't, perhaps in the winter you may need to adjust your regimen again.

Best wishes

Another thing, if you're referring to the acne.org regimen, is that bp creates free radicals on your face=premature aging and possibly skin cancer if you use the stuff for years. I used bp for about a week and my face has never looked so horrendous. My skin looked like an old woman's.

I think we need to eat healthy foods because we can avoid so many problems now and later in life. I can not tell you how much better my life is health wise than say my siblings because I exercise and eat healthy foods. My skin is better, my cholesterol is better, my hair is shiny, my intestines work very well, wub.gif and my BMI is around 20 and that is at age 46. It is because I have made a commitment to health. So, consider diet, EVEN if you are getting acne under control with topicals. You'll be even better off with that winning combination. eusa_dance.gif