Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Milk is very mucus forming as well as all dairy products.  I stopped eating dairy for a month and today i ate some cheese and my nose got all stuffy.  Has anyone else noticed this?? After eating dairy i feel like im fighting off a minor cold lol  eusa_doh.gif

i feel somewhat bad for the teenagers who visit the diet portion of these boards. when just about every single common food is considered bad, its gotta suck to be them and have acne, because they will take it to heart and eliminate tons of stuff and stress over everything.

while the intentions are good, im sure theres kids now who are trying to live off of apples and water.  poor guys.

"healthy" is subjective. there's a lot of posts here wrt to diet that are not exactly good for the growing teenager. soy is not a good thing for growing male teenagers, as the medical research is quite incomplete

a growing teenager needs good food, and a lot of it. there is a whole plethora of physiological implications to undereating when growing up, which would be a primary concern here. things are much, much different once you stop growing.

there's also a lot of things here that are quite beneficial to overall health that are frowned upon in a variety of posts. even epa/dha is frowned on in quite a few posts yet the effects of proper EFA aquirement especially wrt to epa/dha is probably one of the most medically documented beneficial things to growing kids and adults

if i were to "suggest" a diet to a kid for overall health, as i do daily in my line of work, it would be to eat a good amount of protein from a variety of sources - chicken/fish/some red meat/eggs/egg whites/etc. a good amount of carbohydrates, preferably from whole food sources.. and a good blend of fats which is easiest aquired by simply eating some red meat/eggs, some natural peanut butter, and supplementing with fish oil. and of course, a plethora of fruits and vegetables

however this is basically almost rarely adhered to by kids i see daily.

the problem being really that in that list of foods, you can search for pretty much every single one, including a ton of vegetables here, and you'll find posts of people claiming it causes acne for them. the typical teenager suffering with acne will then extraporlate that data and think "it must cause mine!" i think you give the typical teenager too much credit wrt to his train of thought when he has acne.

there is a very wide variety of both psychological and physiological implications wrt to malnutrition when growing up that i am unfortunately privy to often.

"healthy" is subjective. there's a lot of posts here wrt to diet that are not exactly good for the growing teenager. soy is not a good thing for growing male teenagers, as the medical research is quite incomplete

a growing teenager needs good food, and a lot of it. there is a whole plethora of physiological implications to undereating when growing up, which would be a primary concern here. things are much, much different once you stop growing.

there's also a lot of things here that are quite beneficial to overall health that are frowned upon in a variety of posts. even epa/dha is frowned on in quite a few posts yet the effects of proper EFA aquirement especially wrt to epa/dha is probably one of the most medically documented beneficial things to growing kids and adults

if i were to "suggest" a diet to a kid for overall health, as i do daily in my line of work, it would be to eat a good amount of protein from a variety of sources - chicken/fish/some red meat/eggs/egg whites/etc. a good amount of carbohydrates, preferably from whole food sources.. and a good blend of fats which is easiest aquired by simply eating some red meat/eggs, some natural peanut butter, and supplementing with fish oil. and of course, a plethora of fruits and vegetables

however this is basically almost rarely adhered to by kids i see daily.

the problem being really that in that list of foods, you can search for pretty much every single one, including a ton of vegetables here, and you'll find posts of people claiming it causes acne for them. the typical teenager suffering with acne will then extraporlate that data and think "it must cause mine!" i think you give the typical teenager too much credit wrt to his train of thought when he has acne.

there is a very wide variety of both psychological and physiological implications wrt to malnutrition when growing up that i am unfortunately privy to often.

the issue with dairy and children and teenagers is that when you realize what they actually eat on a daily basis, milk looks like heaven when it comes to a nutrition content.

my line of work does not deal with acne, if a child has an acne problem he's referred to a derm smile.gif so i do not "advise" against dairy consumption.

well this sucks..i had a yogurt last night..to see if it did make me break out agaim..and i noticed my skin go ta bit worse..and it was fat free..sugar free...

grrr

There are a lot of people who believe that dairy cause acne. There is no scientific evidence that proves this to be true, and there is no scientific evidence that proves that it is not true. Just because it is not proven does not mean that there is no connection.

I used to drink milk on a daily basis and also ate a lot of yoghurt. These last three months I have not been using any dairy products at all, and have had a few minor breakouts during this time. Considering that I for the last six years have had constant breakouts, this is a remarkable improvement for me.

I do not know why it worked for me, and I do not care.. All that matters is that those little red bastards vanished the hell away from my face.

There are a lot of people who believe that dairy cause acne. There is no scientific evidence that proves this to be true, and there is no scientific evidence that proves that it is not true. Just because it is not proven does not mean that there is no connection.

I used to drink milk on a daily basis and also ate a lot of yoghurt. These last three months I have not been using any dairy products at all, and have had a few minor breakouts during this time. Considering that I for the last six years have had constant breakouts, this is a remarkable improvement for me.

I do not know why it worked for me, and I do not care.. All that matters is that those little red bastards vanished the hell away from my face.

There is all sorts of research out there about dairy and acne.  Espically skim milk and ance.  Do a goodle search for "dairy AND acne".

i've done my own research on my own body. i recommend this procedure to all. scientific fact: dairy causes ME to breakout.

and by the way, I have been drinking milk almost every day of my life and am very healthy, have never had an ear infection or anything like that.

I quit milk for a month and it did nothing. I think that most of the milk/dairy bashers just regurgitate the latest fad info they heard/read about on the internet.

and by the way, I have been drinking milk almost every day of my life and am very healthy, have never had an ear infection or anything like that.

I quit milk for a month and it did nothing. I think that most of the milk/dairy bashers just regurgitate the latest fad info they heard/read about on the internet.

Milk does cause acne for me but I am actually allergic to it, also causes me to feel really tired.

It is very difficult to cut out dairy from your diet unless you plan to eat nothing but meat, fruit, veg and general non processed foods. A lot of foods contain dairy in some form.

However quite a lot of people are allergic to dairy and it could be causing some peoples acne.

I always suggest that if you are above 20 and still have acne then an allergy test is a must, if you have the money and are under 20 then get one done. The earlier you find an allergy the better.

My diet is seriously limited these days to avoid allergy causing foods but it allowed me to ditch all the supplements and still look and feel better.

Just be careful who you use for an allergy test. There are many quacks out their who offer blood tests which are not very accurate. www.allergy.co.uk is one of the better ones or just go to your doctor.

Milk does cause acne for me but I am actually allergic to it, also causes me to feel really tired.

It is very difficult to cut out dairy from your diet unless you plan to eat nothing but meat, fruit, veg and general non processed foods.  A lot of foods contain dairy in some form.

However quite a lot of people are allergic to dairy and it could be causing some peoples acne. 

I always suggest that if you are above 20 and still have acne then an allergy test is a must, if you have the money and are under 20 then get one done.  The earlier you find an allergy the better.

My diet is seriously limited these days to avoid allergy causing foods but it allowed me to ditch all the supplements and still look and feel better.

Just be careful who you use for an allergy test.  There are many quacks out their who offer blood tests which are not very accurate.  www.allergy.co.uk is one of the better ones or just go to your doctor.

I'm not sure if it's really an allergy problem that people have with dairy products.  I think it's more to do with the enormous amount of hormones in cow milk that throws our hormones out of balance.

Uh-huh.  Yeah, right.  And I'm sure you can rattle-off a list of foods which are "meant for humans".

My god, people are more and more becoming incapable of critical thinking...

Bryan

Think, buddy. Were humans MEANT to suckle from a cow's utter? I think not. And by drinking their milk, that is essentially what we're doing!

Suckle from a cow's UTTER?? Have you been taking spelling lessons from my pal "bexi"??  Your spelling is UDDERLY terrible! biggrin.gif

You don't seem to understand my fundamental point, which is NOT that milk is a "natural" food, but that ALL foods that humans eat (other than mother's milk) are "unnatural" in the goofy philosophical sense that you mean.  Milk is not unique in that regard.

Answer the challenge which I posted previously:  rattle-off some foods which humans are "meant" to eat.

Bryan