Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, the FDA says to eat 3 servings of dairy per day. I try to drink at least 1 glass of soy milk, 1-2 yogurts, and some cheese each day. Do these cause acne and make it worse? If it does, why and what can I use to substitute for the calcium lost by cutting out dairy? Also, do soy products have the same effect? (soy milk,yet)

Although certain individuals may indeed have some particular sensitivity to milk or milk products (the same could be said of most any food), my advice is to avoid those anti-milk food faddists who would have you believe that such a nutritious food is responsible for all the ills of the civilized world, including acne! wink.gif

Bryan

The FDA does not exist to benefit your health, but to benefit the economy. The food pyramid they suggest is nothing but a guide for obesity and disease. Cow's milk is a nutritious food, but only for who it is meant for: baby cows, not humans. go to www.waisays.com for more information...

Ok, the FDA says to eat 3 servings of dairy per day. I try to drink at least 1 glass of soy milk, 1-2 yogurts, and some cheese each day. Do these cause acne and make it worse? If it does, why and what can I use to substitute for the calcium lost by cutting out dairy? Also, do soy products have the same effect? (soy milk,yet)

Cow's milk is a nutritious food, but only for who it is meant for: baby cows, not humans.

This should end debate

IF you have acne then you should eliminate alllll dairy for at least a month with no cheating to see if it helps. If it doesn't then there is no harm in stopping a food for a month and if it does help then you hit on something.

I would advise this for anyone with pimples, especially cysts. So, try it and see. No need for debate.

eusa_think.gif

I quit consuming dairy products for a few weeks now, but it's driving me nuts not having my cereal in the morning. Do you think it would be that big of a deal if I had just a little bit with my cereal?

I quit consuming dairy products for a few weeks now, but it's driving me nuts not having my cereal in the morning.  Do you think it would be that big of a deal if I had just a little bit with my cereal?

I quit consuming dairy products for a few weeks now, but it's driving me nuts not having my cereal in the morning.  Do you think it would be that big of a deal if I had just a little bit with my cereal?

Bryan, do you own a dairy farm or something? I'm curious because you seem to invest a lot of energy defending it.

My co-worker took her 5 year old daughter off all dairy products at the advice of her doctor - because she suffered from chronic ear infections. Since doing so 6 months ago, she hasn't had a single infection. And since I've quit dairy I've eliminated my sinus headaches (quite miraculous for me to endure the spring months without ANY sinus pain). My 13 year old daughter quit drinking milk a month and a half ago. She's eliminated nearly all of her acne in doing so.

biggrin.gif just my two cents to this thread.

Bryan, do you own a dairy farm or something? I'm curious because you seem to invest a lot of energy defending it. 

My co-worker took her 5 year old daughter off all dairy products at the advice of her doctor - because she suffered from chronic ear infections.  Since doing so 6 months ago, she hasn't had a single infection.  And since I've quit dairy I've eliminated my sinus headaches (quite miraculous for me to endure the spring months without ANY sinus pain).  My 13 year old daughter quit drinking milk a month and a half ago.  She's eliminated nearly all of her acne in doing so.

biggrin.gif just my two cents to this thread.

Eliminating dairy and red meat from my diet has helped me alot in terms of facial oilyness. I do have to break down and put some soy milk in my oatmeal in the morning or kashi golean crunch (best cereal evar.)

NEITHER of my boys ever drank glasses of milk growing up and neither one EVER once had an ear infection.  Not one.

I find it appalling that seemingly intelligent people would continue to repeat such garbage about an excellent and nutritious food like milk.  To me, that's just about as bad as someone who is unable to find France on a globe, or identify the combatants in World War II! lol.gif

Bryan

My boys are eating some cereal (whole grain varieties other than wheat) and oatmeal with Rice Milk. We are considering trying out the Almond milk.

Minnie, do you have any advice regarding drinking either Rice or almond milk?

My boys are eating some cereal (whole grain varieties other than wheat) and oatmeal with Rice Milk.  We are considering trying out the Almond milk.

Minnie, do you have any advice regarding drinking either Rice or almond milk?

My two sisters and I grew up drinking milk, and none of us ever had an ear infection.

There ya go, Minny!  I MORE than canceled-out your little anecdote with one of my own! wink.gif

Bryan

i feel somewhat bad for the teenagers who visit the diet portion of these boards. when just about every single common food is considered bad, its gotta suck to be them and have acne, because they will take it to heart and eliminate tons of stuff and stress over everything.

while the intentions are good, im sure theres kids now who are trying to live off of apples and water. poor guys.

Milk is very mucus forming as well as all dairy products. I stopped eating dairy for a month and today i ate some cheese and my nose got all stuffy. Has anyone else noticed this?? After eating dairy i feel like im fighting off a minor cold lol eusa_doh.gif

i feel somewhat bad for the teenagers who visit the diet portion of these boards. when just about every single common food is considered bad, its gotta suck to be them and have acne, because they will take it to heart and eliminate tons of stuff and stress over everything.

while the intentions are good, im sure theres kids now who are trying to live off of apples and water.  poor guys.

Milk is very mucus forming as well as all dairy products.  I stopped eating dairy for a month and today i ate some cheese and my nose got all stuffy.  Has anyone else noticed this?? After eating dairy i feel like im fighting off a minor cold lol  eusa_doh.gif