Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

I always take a multivitamin but I just started Accutane, so I don't want to put anymore vitamin A into my system. Does anyone here know of a good multi without or with very little vitamin A? My current brand has 100% of the RDA, although some of that is in the form of beta-carotene.

I dont think you'll find a multivitamin that misses out one of the major vitamins. Even on tane the 100% RDA should be ok. Ring your derm and double check if you want to be doubly sure

Hi, I am also on Accutane and take this: Perfectil: Skin, Hair and Nails

http://us.vitabiotics.com/perfectil/perfec...aspx?ID=18&sm=1. It contains NO vitamin A OR beta-carotene and is therefore perfectly safe alongside Accutane. You should know though that most dermatologists are quite comfortable with patients taking a multivitamin containing vitamin A so long as it does not exceed the RDA of vitamin A. This is a matter, as with determining dosage, that seems to depend on the personal opinion of your own dermatologist. I opted for a multivitamin with none just to be safe. I have also taken this multivitamin for long periods in the past with great results. It is commonly distributed by modelling agencies to teen models.

Good luck with your course!

Thanks for the tips guys, I will check out the links. My derm made it pretty clear that she didn't want me to continue taking my multivitamin, so I don't want to risk it. I was pretty upset yesterday because I had to throw out a lot of the foods I eat, like my cereal bars, which have 70% the RDA!