Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arya

accutane and scar questions

Hi all, okay I have two questions:

1> I just wanted to see what the shortest period of time was before people started with scar treatments, after accutane? And also, what kind of treatment it was.

2> Is there anything that can be used to treat the scars WHILE on accutane??? anything at all? like are we allowed to use copper peptides while on accutane?

Thanks guys, I'm reeeeeaaaaly impatient and depressed again, coz my red marks are fading, which is a good thing, but because of that, the actual scars underneath it are so much more visible and it's just killing me. i feel so unattractive and pockmarked and disgusting. cry.gif

well, I'm only waiting 6 months after accutane to get puch flaots w/ Dr. Y and then 1 month after that for a full face dermabrasion. I asked Dr. Y about waiting a year and he said 6 months was enough.

While on Accutane I wouldn't wash my face with anything but cold water. Use a moisturizer and something else for night. Just moisturize. I would'nt do anything to treat scars, but I would try to prevent more by mositurizing.

I know some people are afraid of dermabrasion and have had bad side effects, but they are rare and if they do happen then I would rather have orange peel skin then all the nasty scars. Besides, when I exam other kids faces at school noone has perfect skin (except some girls who wear make-up). They all have a slight "uneveness" to them.

yeah, i do moisturize quite a lot. esp at night. during the day i use a moisturizer with spf. I know not everyone has perfect skin, but it's just like facing your face everyday in the mirror with all these nasty scars, it's just so....unsightly and just ruins your day. anyway, thanks dermpatron. hope your dermabrasion goes well. i would totally go for dermabrasion if there was someone like Dr.Y around here.

is tehre anyone else who can help me? anyone using anything during accutane, anything at all?? like even any type of oils, etc?

I'm on Accutane now. My friend told me about some Neutragena product that is an acne spot treatment, which has an SPF and is a moisturizer. If it actually exists, I plan on using it.