Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jlcote

Does your skin change every few years??

I use Revlon Colorstay. I used to sware by it for awhile until about a year ago. Since then it just doesnt look right on my skin...i hate it. I need to find a new foundation. Does our skin just completly change every several years or so? Has anyone had this problem?

Well, I'm 42, so I've been around "a while" wink.gif Mine doesn't change "every few years", but it does change gradually and constantly...it never stays the same, if that's what you mean. I think this is especially true of women because of our hormonal shifts that we go through as we "age" and go through the life changes that we do over time.

Cashmira biggrin.gif

jlcote,

i've had acne since i was 13 (i'm now 21) and I've definitely noticed changes in my skin over time. I think my skin problems began as normal teenage acne manifests - but now I believe it is more hormonal (ie. more breakouts on my chin that on my tzone). I also use Revlon Colorstay, but am thinking of switching to MAC concealer & foundation bc of the really good reviews it has gotten on here. I'll let u kno how it works out!

My skin is definitely not what it was when I was in high school (I'm 33 now). But I also believe that my skin changes can be attributed to hormonal changes in my body. I do still get pretty oily, but my skin doesn't break out anywhere near as bad as when I was a teenager. Just the occasional zit once a month. It's funny...I used to think that because my skin was so oily, it would be a long time before I got wrinkles. I also started using mineral makeup which has helped TREMENDOUSLY in keeping breakouts in control.