Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Desperateforhelp

Eyes get teary and red after applying makeup

i was wondering.. most of the time whenever i apply my tinted moisturizer, my eyes get really teary and red which makes me look like im on drugs or something.. what does that mean? am i allergic to makeup or something... i never let makeup come close to the eyes so thats not the problem.. what else could it be?

thanks

omg i have the same problem, i thought i was the only 1 haha..i don't know what is it either eusa_think.gif

Guest Keeley
eusa_think.gif maybe you are allergic?!?!? cos it definately doesnt sound normal! eusa_shifty.gif

You could be allergic to an ingredient in the tinted moisturiser you're using. Does it have the same effect if you use a different brand of make-up?

Could it be any other products you use on your face, that's causing this.. maybe something you use straight before applying your tinted moisturiser?

i was wondering.. most of the time whenever i apply my tinted moisturizer, my eyes get really teary and red which makes me look like im on drugs or something.. what does that mean? am i allergic to makeup or something... i never let makeup come close to the eyes so thats not the problem.. what else could it be?

thanks

What do you wash your face with? I use a Salicylic Acid cleanser and if just a smidge of it gets into my eyes i will have red eyes. Maybe it is not the makeup? could it be something that you use before you apply makeup?

I used to have this problem too, and eventurally realized it was caused by getting my sunblock/moisturiser into my eyes when I applied my foundation afterward. It didn't seem to matter how carefully I applied the sunblock or the makeup, or how long I let the sunblock soak in beforehand, it always made me look bloodshot and teary eyed.

As soon as I switched to using an eye cream (Clarins brand) specifically for the eye area and then regular sunblock everywhere else , the problem immediately stopped.

Hope that helps.

i know of a product that protects against anti-irriants that might help. it can help your forhead from breaking out b/c of oil from hair, hair spray etc. if has also been used by allergy sufferers who wear contacts and worked wonders. it creates a barrier on the skin. i can send you the link if you email [email protected]

thanks