Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_helpme_

Christine's regimen + WATER

I am over 25 years old. My major battle is with whiteheads and blackheads. Like a lot of people, I have oily skin in my T-zone. The oiliest area is my nose, but that’s where I don’t have whiteheads and blackheads; forehead isn’t as oily, where I have most whiteheads and blackheads ironically is my cheek. This seems to correlate to what some people are saying: dryness = more breakouts? Oh, and I have redness in my cheek area as well

If you are interested in reading about Christine’s regimen, you can find it here: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=37879

There are three things I would like to point out:

1) I have had some bad experiences from my previous attempt (http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...ndpost&p=570296. I don’t blame the regimen I tried. Perhaps, I am the unlucky one who is allergic to SA/BP.). So I am more cautious now when switching regimens. I try to introduce one thing at a time (1- to 2-week gaps).

2) I don’t use a scrub because I don’t know how to ‘properly’ use it. Better safe than sorry.

3) We all want to look the best otherwise, we wouldn’t be here. Although it’s hard to do, we should try not to let acne dominate our lives. Don’t want this to sound like a cliché, but this is what I am trying to work on as well.

Anyway, boys & girls, it’s almost a week since I’ve switched the lotion I am using in the morning. I don’t seem to have an initial breakout. No major differences between using the two lotions so far. I am still unable to retain the rested look after waking up. 

It was a very stressful week at work and I did notice a couple more whiteheads (or perhaps they are baby zits taking their sweet time to become mature?). This is a major improvement for me. When I was stressed before, I had more than just two for sure!!!

Once again, overall skin condition improved. Less redness. Skin looks healthier.

Here is the regimen I am on:

MORNING:

Equate Facial Cleansing Gel

Dove Essential Day Lotion SPF15

EVENING:

Equate Facial Cleansing Gel

Dove Sensitive Essential Night Cream

Plus, drinking 8 glasses of WATER.

I used to drink green tea every day (less than 8 cups though). I gave that up to make room for 8 glasses of water. Now that I am used to drinking that much water a day, I will be able to enjoy a cup or two.

I would have liked to update my log every day. Unfortunately, a lot is happening at work. Plus, I don’t believe I can expect dramatic improvements with this regimen. It takes time. So, I will update if something major happens.

Be happy, everyone and hope you find a regimen that works for you.

I have never had a facial or used any masks. This morning, I decided to use egg/lemon mask. OMG, that felt and looked weird. Not sure if I am doing this right. eusa_think.gif I used about 1 tablespoon of egg white with a few drops of lemon juice. Applied it all over my face and left it on for 10 mins (got this recipe from http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...ndpost&p=384720). When it dried, it tightened my skin so much that I couldn’t even see any bumps… lol.gif

After washing it off, pore size seemed to have reduced. I am not claiming this is the benefit of using egg/lemon mask. I don’t think it’s conclusive from one use, from one person. This might only be temporary anyway.

If I don’t see any adverse effects in the next little while, I will use this mask again next Sunday and maybe even slowly increase the frequency.

Before I sign off, I just want to mention that a few whiteheads were washed off. Skin feels less bumpy when I wash my face.

Didn't have a breakout from egg/lemon mask. 3 days ago, I added baking soda back into my regimen. I apply it 'gently' this time and that doesn't seem to irritate my skin. Hope this will get rid of whiteheads and blackheads. eusa_pray.gif

PS: My hubby told me this morning that he could see about 30% of improvement. Coming from a guy who rolled his eyes rolleyes.gif when we were out shopping for supply, that gave me a little bit of boost. biggrin.gif

Didn't have a breakout from egg/lemon mask. 3 days ago, I added baking soda back into my regimen. I apply it 'gently' this time and that doesn't seem to irritate my skin. Hope this will get rid of whiteheads and blackheads. eusa_pray.gif

PS: My hubby told me this morning that he could see about 30% of improvement. Coming from a guy who rolled his eyes  rolleyes.gif when we were out shopping for supply, that gave me a little bit of boost. biggrin.gif

Thank you for letting me know that your hubby does that too. That does feel GOOD. biggrin.gif

Yes, I have used egg/lemon mask a couple more times since (I broke my own rules. Guess I got ambitious redface.gif ). I intend to use it as often as I can. It’s used every day in Delna’s regimen, but I know I won’t be able to meet that target because some nights, I am just too tired to do anything.

Is it worthwhile? Maybe it’s too soon to tell. It does shrink my pores and make my skin look refreshed (temporarily, of course). I believe it is worthwhile. If you are thinking about this, go slow (after your 1st application, wait a few days to make sure you don’t break out and slowly increase the frequency if you desire). Using this mask is quite entertaining. You get the cannot-crack-a-smile effect. That cracks me up every time. I try so hard not to laugh when I have the mask on. lol.gif

Please let me know how it goes for you if you happen to try this.

I couldn't quite figure out whether baking soda is working for me or against me. A few old whiteheads disappeared, but a few new ones were coming up. I've decided to take baking soda out of my regimen once again. This is so frustrating...

WHAT HAVE I DONE? eusa_wall.gif I just couldn’t leave it along, could I? I found this from a web site:

“Place 2 cups of boiled water in a bowl, add 5 drops of essential oil that is suited for your skin type.

(see below). Drape a towel over your head like a tent and lean over the bowl. Don't put your face too close to the water a good distance is 10-12 inches away. Close your eyes and allow your skin to breathe in the beneficial oils for 5 minutes. Splash cool not cold water on your face afterwards to close the pores.

Essential Oils For:

oily/acne prone skin Tea Tree*, Chamomile, Lavender and Rose …�

I tried it with Tea Tree Oil Monday night and now I am suffering from a major breakout. Crappy day, crappy face… evil.gif

A quick update. I haven’t fully recovered from the breakout possibly caused by baking soda and/or tea tree oil. For about a week, I only had been using the cleanser and moisturizers.

As much as I like the egg/lemon mask, I had not been using it. I wanted something more convenient. I couldn’t find Queen Helene in Canada so I tried Freeman’s avocado & oatmeal clay masque instead. I have been using it everyday for the past 5 days and it seems to have shrunk my pores. Some whiteheads can now be easily extracted. When I used baking soda, my whiteheads grew larger and ‘looked’ as if they could be easily extracted; not so when I actually tried. Freeman masque seems to be doing a job purging my pores.

Forgot to mention, I have also started taking zinc (50mg) for about a week. I am still drinking plenty of water each day.

PS: my pores used to be little oil potholes. They are not now.

Any comments about using facial masque everyday are greatly appreciated.

Since my last update, I’ve added Dickinson’s witch hazel astringent into my regimen. Skin is looking healthier and less bumps. Looks like those whiteheads and clogged pores are going away.

I also started taking flaxseed oil 3 days ago. Can’t really tell if it’s doing anything for me yet.

As I was picking up jojoba oil today, I found QH mint julep masque at the store and bought one to try. I will be using it twice a week and use the freeman for the rest of the days.

I have applied jojoba oil 3 times so far. It seems most people who use it have dry skin so I am quite worried about using it for my type of skin. To my surprise, it didn’t make my skin oilier. However, I’ve decided to postpone using jojoba because I saw a few raised bumps this morning, which might be from using Queen Helene masque. Will see how it goes.

I used Queen Helene masque for the second time tonight. It’s minty fresh at first but when it dries, I can smell sulfur eusa_sick.gif and it’s giving me a headache. I cannot leave it on for long. sad.gif

It’s been a while since my last update. I had gone through 1 week of whole body cleansing and changed my diet a little. I stopped drinking coffee. I drink a cup of lemon water every morning; have brown rice instead; and take 1 Burdock Root capsule a day. I have also been using Queen Helene’s Oatmeal and Honey Facial Scrub after washing off my masque every night. I am seeing improvements. More tiny bumps, white heads and black heads had gone away. smile.gif