Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey there, I've taken the decision to go on a B5, but I dont really know how it works...

Few questions for the ones who have done it before...

1- Witch B5 brad is the best?

2- How much should I take and when should I take it?

3- SHould I still keep on with Dans regimen while I'm on B5?

Plz answers to these three question would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Hey there, I've taken the decision to go on a B5, but I dont really know how it works...

Few questions for the ones who have done it before...

1- Witch B5 brad is the best?

2- How much should I take and when should I take it?

3- SHould I still keep on with Dans regimen while I'm on B5?

Plz answers to these three question would be greatly appreciated!

1. I'm not sure the brand really matters. Some company's will sell you b5 specifically for clearing up acne. Usually this is very expensive. They will tell you that certain b5 is better than other b5 and that you should buy there's because it is of "higher quality." Personally i think that is just a way to encourage you to buy their product. Go to your local health food store or vitamin shoppe and get a container of 300 500mg pills for about 20 bucks.

2. I started off alot slower because i didnt want side effects, and i didnt get side effects. I started out with 3g a day for a week, than 5g a day fora week, then upped it to 6g, 8g, 10g over the course of teh next week. Most people do 5g for the first week and then go to 10g.

3. If Dans regimen is working, I would recommend staying on it untill you are sure that b5 will work for you. I was doing botchla's regime before i started b5 and luckily i decided to stay on it, because the b5 is only just starting to decrease my oil production and i have been on it for almost 2 months. I can only imagine what would have happened to my face if i had stopped using botchla's.

Thx for the answer... Does anyone else have anything to had?

Should I do 5 grams the first week and up it to 10?

Thats a pretty exepensive regimen actually lol wow...

The first time i did B5 a couple years ago, i think it did kinda work.

However last december i tried it again, and it caused a horrible...horrible breakout. Thing was, i was only get a 3-5 spots a week if that, and after taking B5 my face was covered in about 10 large spot/cysts.

worst still, was they appeared in areas that where pretty clear and then my skin was all red and blotchy (so bad that i took a few days off work..).

I swear to god, ill never do B5 again. I been doing the regimen since january and its been wonderful.

I am however worried that come the winter, it perhaps will return.

I started with 3g for a week, then bumped it up to 4.5g for one week and then took 6g for the remainder of 2 months. I cleared up in that time. I quit taking it about 2 months ago, and have been strict with my diet and have pretty much stayed clear. The one thing that has come back are some small clogged pores, so last week I started taking 1g in the morning and one at night to see if that will help them go away, or at least keep more from coming. I think it's pretty much diet that is keeping me clear at this point, but b5 definitely cleared me initially. Toward the end I started to get some stomach pains and that's why I quit. I've noticed if I take the bcomplex at the same time I take the b5, it doesn't happen. My main advice is to drink TONS of water... very important.