Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

yea i just bought the nature's cure body spray and on the bottle said it can b used for face if u spray onto cotton ball then rub on face...does neone noe if it really works on face...cuz my doctor had given me some pills but they dun work and i think the pills from nature's cure wif cream is the same kind of pill so i didn't buy tat...but does neone noe how i can get rid of all the oil on my skin?!

yea i just bought the nature's cure body spray and on the bottle said it can b used for face if u spray onto cotton ball then rub on face...does neone noe if it really works on face...cuz my doctor had given me some pills but they dun work and i think the pills from nature's cure wif cream is the same kind of pill so i didn't buy tat...but does neone noe how i can get rid of all the oil on my skin?!

junkeroos - i'm using samples from Kanebo - whitening lotion and toners. It seems to help a little to fade the red marks. These red marks are very stubborn. I'm almost running out of the samples, so I need to find alternatives.

On other note - I am still waiting for my Provon to arrive. Anxious to try it.

ItsElectric~ I looked at your pics and your face looks amazing!!!!! I need to get my pics updated.

y2flyy~AWESOME! Your welcome!!! I am soooo glad to find it is helping so many people. I love the way it leaves my skin feeling too. I like that I dont have to use a ton of products either.

Soldier~ I never noticed the .6 solution. I will have to give it a peek. I dont know if stronger would be better or not. I guess if you are getting great results from the .3 I would stick with it. However I have been leaving mine on my face for about 4 minutes to completely kill all bacteria. I have noticed the red marks getting better since I started doing it. Maybe if I bought the .6 I wouldnt have to leave it on as long. HMMMMMMM rolleyes.gif

Soldier~ I never noticed the .6 solution. I will have to give it a peek. I dont know if stronger would be better or not. I guess if you are getting great results from the .3 I would stick with it. However I have been leaving mine on my face for about 4 minutes to completely kill all bacteria. I have noticed the red marks getting better since I started doing it. Maybe if I bought the .6 I wouldnt have to leave it on as long. HMMMMMMM  rolleyes.gif

I've just bought some Dettol soothing antiseptic cream since I can't really find any of the soaps metioned over here in Australia. It contains Chloroxylenol 3mg/g, Triclosan 3mg/g and almond oil.

It lists application on sore lips as one of it's uses so I presume it's gentle enough to use on the face.

I tried it for the first time last night putting just a tiny bit on two of my spots and woke up this morning to find them completely dried up with no flaking...so far so good. I put a bit more on tonight applying a thin layer over all my acne affected areas and then blobbing a little bit extra on individual spots.

fingers crossed... eusa_pray.gif

Kat~ I just replied to your post. eusa_dance.gif I have found several sites selling dettol for the face. However there are a few people here who are 100% against it. If you are spot treating with it and getting good results then I dont see where it would hurt to use it all over. I wish I could get it here in the states. I may end up trying to order it overseas. I dont care about cost as much as if it works. Being acne free is priceless to me!

To everyone waiting for theirs to arrive~ I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I can imagine how bad it must bite to be on here hearing all of us rave about our results. That alone would cause insanity with me! I can tell you that it will be worth the wait. eusa_pray.gif I am thinking of you all.

"What does a higher concentration of PCMX mean? Does it mean you killed more bacteria when you used it? Does your skin stay bacteria-resistent longer?"

"It could mean how long it takes to kill 99% of bugs. 3% requires 30 seconds, so perhaps .5% would require about 3 minutes or .3% a bit over 4 minutes.

Logan"

Ok remember when Logan answered the above post? Well I took that post to heart and decided that I would try leaving my soap on longer. I am using the .03% and was leaving it on for 30 seconds. I was clearing up and not getting new pimples but the red spots were not budging. I have been leaving mine on for 4 minutes now and with in a few days my red marks are clearing up!!!! I am getting the camera out tonight and taking a pic!!! If I keep clearing up at this rate with in a couple weeks I will be clear of everything. That means NO MAKE UP! Wooohoo!!!!! eusa_dance.gif

Hey all, I ordered the Provon and this other soap cuticura at the same time. The cuticura is a bar soap that has 5 stars on drugstore.com and is supposted to be amazing. Well ne ways I dunno what I should do, I need to be clear in a week because I will be going out of town for 20 days to visit my friends, and most of the time we'll be at the beach so i gotta look good. I have mild acne, with one pimple right now, but I dont want anymore, and my period is comming sometime this week so i need something good to ensure nothing else will pop up. So anyways, to the people that are using this, do yall think I could get the results I want with the provon...?

I've been using Provon for.....I'll say 5 or 6 days now. I am still getting new pimples. I have gotten 3 small ones since, which isn't bad....I guess.

But in all honesty I don't see a difference.

I am going to continue using it, I'm hoping my skin just has to adjust a little. And I'm going to try to leave it on my skin longer, maybe that will work.

I will say that it DOES NOT dry out my skin what so ever!

KeithUrbanLover:

I ordered the minerals make-up. I can't wait to try it. I'm thinking I will try new make-up along with this new face wash I'm trying. I never knew if I broke out because of my make-up. It's hard to tell if it's the make-up when you don't go without it for 1 day (which I never do)!!

After my application of Dettol soothing Antiseptic Cream last night, this morning I've woken up to minor flaking but otherwise no other signs of irritation...not as bad as the peeling I had on BP 5% but perhaps that is because I am applying smaller amounts of the Dettol cream.

I don't think that I will need to increase the amount I apply however because I am pretty pleased at how well just a small amount dries up zits, it's even faster than BP 5% and absorbs a lot better (in comparison to Oxy 5% I haven't tried Dan's gel )

I had this patch of sore red pimples that were all "linked" up and spread from my left cheek to near my chin...they never seemed to heal properly and would just move from place to place, mainly around the cheek area, and always popping up in the same places. BUT, dare i say it, i think i may have finally found something that will put an end to this game of pimple-ring-a-rosy... it's only early days yet but it's looking good.

As for people being 100% against Dettol, perhaps they are thinking of the liquid? I would never in a million uears apply liquid dettol all over my face...yikes!

But this stuff is different. I once used it a couple of years ago on a small cut I had on my face. It didn't cause any irritation and healed my cut nicely with no scarring at all... so i figured might as well give it a try.

I'll keep updating

Anyone noticing that they're lungs feel funny after using the provon? My son is using the soap and if I am in the bathroom when he is using it or if I use it myself, my chest feels kindof scratchy, or irritated for some time.

My son is not having the same reaction. So far he is using it once a day to help him acclimate to it. It does seem gentle. The smell is kind of icky, but if it clears him, we are all for it.

Anyone noticing that they're lungs feel funny after using the provon? My son is using the soap and if I am in the bathroom when he is using it or if I use it myself, my chest feels kindof scratchy, or irritated for some time. 

My son is not having the same reaction. So far he is using it once a day to help him acclimate to it. It does seem gentle. The smell is kind of icky, but if it clears him, we are all for it.

It's good to hear that it's still working for you. A lot of times when people go on products they say "wow im getting clear" but then a week or two later it's back to acne again so really all that happened was they were experiencing the regular routine of being clear then having a breakout. I have had mild acne for a long time and even though it's mild when i get a breakout it totally ruins my day and confidence and is wasting my life. So so tired of it... ill give this stuff a try.

Has anyone ordered Techi-Care Surgical Prep Soap from LA Body Jewelery. I do want to order this soap as it has the most chloroxylenol (sp?): 3%. Is there a higher concentration somewhere else? And is LA Body Jewelery a reputable merchant that will ship my order ASAP?

Does anyone know, per given concentration of PCMX, how much of the stuff is actually absorbed into the bloodstream? It's more than likely safe to use, but I was just wondering, since a few medical institutions have conducted research pointing out that Triclosan, and other strictly antibacterial agents, can be harmful when they are absorbed into the bloodstream and consequently circulate throughout the body if used regularly on the surface of the skin.

PBJTime - Don't know anything about the amount that gets absorbed, but dermatologists and doctors prescribe oral antibiotics all of the time. I personally have been on doxycycline for a year and a half now, and I know in the long run its not good for me. I would think that taking the oral antibiotics for a long period of time is far more harmful than the small amount that you absorb from a topical. And yet derms love to prescribe them for us ance sufferers!

BTW, I have ordered the Provon Antimicrobial Lotion Soap with .6% PCMX. I just placed the order two days ago, so I'm still waiting for it to arrive. I'm hoping this will help me get off of my dependency on the doxycycline (dependency meaning my fear that if I stop taking it I will break out horribly again). I have been taking 100mg, but lately I've started cutting my pills in half so that I'm only taking 50mg/day - trying to wean myself off of them. Hopefully this Provon will work for me and I can stop taking the meds all together! I'll post back with my results once I start using it.

this is a bit of a silly post but my mum just said that my face is clearing up eusa_dance.gif

this may not seem like a big deal, but just last week she was trying to convince me to go see yet another dermatologist

She sort of freaked when I told her I was using Dettol though eusa_shifty.gif