Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey all, I'm still on Provon. It's been 3 days now. I do notice that I am not getting any new zits. There're 3 old ones left which resulted in lack of sleep and stress during finals last week. Anyways, I've been researching about skin pH and doing the balancing act. It seems that many exfoliant products out there are generally harmful to acne-prone skin. Acne prone skin = sensitive skin.  I found out through another member in a previous forum that using baking SODA (not powder) to exfoliate the face works wonders. I've been on it now since yesterday. Then follow up with apple cider vinegar toning just like how we tone using salicylic acid etc.  Hence, my regimen right now is pretty simple (back to nature stuff). The logic behind  the baking soda + ACV is we need to balance our skin's pH in order to have healthy skin. Baking Soda is basic/alkaline and ACV is acidic, thus it neutralizes the skin. One thing for sure, baking soda smoothes your skin really well. Just take a spoonful and add a few drops of water to make it into a paste and rub gently on the face. Then wash it off. Use the ACV with water with 1 part ACV & 8 parts water, taking it neat might be too strong for the skin. Dilute it.

for provon?

I don't want to put that dettol crap on my face its really harsh because it contains alot of other nasty stuff.

BTW, try the green tea toner for your red marks, you can find out about it on the red mark forum apparently its very good!

I dont think you can get provon but someone did post for other cleaners. Provon is just a name brand. You are basically looking for a soap with chloroxylenol.

Green tea toner? Hmmmmm I will have to look into that.

I am thinking of putting up a webpage where we can post all the links and info on chloroxylenol. This thread is just growing so big and so fast! smile.gif

Ok guys I hate to sound rude here but PLEASE read through the whole thread when wanting to know where to get these products. I feel like sometimes we are repeating the same thing over and over when the answers are already here. smile.gif Now saying that here is what I found just by going back through the posts and taking the time to read.

http://www.coldsteel.co.uk/frames.html

this is a site in the UK that sells Provon. I want to see this thread keep going. I hope it becomes flooded with success stories. I promise you the time you will invest in reading this entire thread will be worth the results you will get. You have to work for it and trust me it is work well worth it!!!!!

I have read every post here and will continue to read them. I have been to every web site posted and have learned a lot. There are creams with chloroxylenol in it. I am very interested in trying this. I have learned sooooooo much and am very grateful for each and everyone of you who have researched and posted back here. I want to thank EVERYONE who has posted about how succesful this product has been. I believe one day acne is not going to be an issue for me. eusa_dance.gif

After reading this entire thread, I searched the web for more information on chloroxylenol and found the following:

http://www.lesstoxicguide.ca/print.asp?mode=whole

"Chloroxylenol is also a suspected immunotoxin and skin or sense organ toxicant, as well as a gastrointestinal or liver toxicant."

(From "Guide to Less Toxic Products" by Environmental Health Association of Nova Scotia)

I guess the question is how toxic is chloroxylenol? I've been using the Metrin skin care line which has a topical product that contains chloroxylenol and it is left on the skin all day.

Any opinions/comments are appreciated.

What does a higher concentration of PCMX mean? Does it mean you killed more bacteria when you used it? Does your skin stay bacteria-resistent longer?

Provon contains~ chloroxylenol 0.3%,water,coconut acid,oleic acid,sodium sulfate,ethanolamine,aloe barbadensis leaf juice,cocamide mea,coco-betaine,hydrolyzed vegetable protein,propylene glycol,retinyl palmitate,tetrasodium edta,tocopheryl acetate,zea mays(corn) oil,hydroxypropyl methycellulose,fragrance.............

"Chloroxylenol is also a suspected immunotoxin and skin or sense organ toxicant, as well as a gastrointestinal or liver toxicant."

(From "Guide to Less Toxic Products" by Environmental Health Association of Nova Scotia)

OK, I just recieved my shipment of AloeGuard, I will start useing it today, and keep you guys posted on how it works. I am also going to use it on my back and chest and see if it helps my probs there.

Heartless~ Thanks for the info! I appreciate all input on this product. According to that site just about every product I use is bad. I think it is great that people are geared toward a more natural approach. Many years ago people did not have the advantage of running out to the store to get things. I am slowly getting more natural in my own routine. However I would never wear homemade pads(thank God I dont have that problem anymore!),baking soda om my teeth is just gross and I like my hair color,shampoo and deodorants. I have tried some of those natural deodorants and they dont work on me. As for their statements on Chloroxylenol,I just dont see enough evidence. My 4 ounce bottle of Provon has only 0.3% chloroxylenol in it. Thats not very much. Maybe using straight chloroxylenol and leaving it on for half the day would be too much. With any product too much of a good thing can be bad. I leave it on my face 30 seconds and rinse several times. I do agree that we over use antibiotics and anti bacterial products in todays society. I also believe over using can cause us to build up resistance. Will I continue to use this soap 2 times a day when my acne/red spots are completely gone? Probably. I just happen to be one of those girls who would rather die than have a face full of ugly red spots and zits.

I thought the formula for the ACV toner is 50% ACV/50% water????

So is AloeGuard also helping with the redness from acne?  Let us know, so I can change from Herbal Logix.

KeithUrbanLover, thanks for the post on this stuff hun! biggrin.gif

I ordered it to-day! Woo-H00!

I hope it works.

I also ordered Clear & Smooth on E-bay. It has a good deal... full refund no matter what amount of time you have it (that includes shippingeusa_dance.gif ).

I hope I won't have to return either though! confused.gif

My acne's mild but the comedones I get bother me so much, not to mention the pores. Grrrr...

I wish the best for all of you... and for myself! razz.gif

I'll update soon!

Provon has aloe in it as well. I would like to get the ingredient list for the Aloe guard to compare.

k2skidd~ glad you found us! I hope you will find this product helpful!! Keep us posted. I get excited when I see happy posts. smile.gif

http://www.reversion.com/index.php

I have never heard of this product in my entire life. Despite the bubble-gum cheesy website, the wash does contain chloroxylenol. I e-mailed them to see what the conc. was. I will let you guys know of the %. Anyhow, have never tried this antimicrobial wash, but  keep me updated with your progress.

The only difference in what I am using and what they are selling is PRICE! Well I assume that is all. They dont list their ingredients nor do they list how much chloroxylenol is in their product.

I posted earlier to your first post about this site. That is way too much to pay for this stuff. I gave less than $7.00 shipping and all for mine and it will last me for a while. I would save my money and READ this thread and see where some of the rest of us have found MUCH cheaper versions! Good Luck! smile.gif

Ok KeithUrbanLover u've won me over smile.gif that reversion stuff is expensive! i'm going with the Aloeguard one. Thanks for the advice! How long is shipping btw?

Ok KeithUrbanLover u've won me over smile.gif that reversion stuff is expensive! i'm going with the Aloeguard one. Thanks for the advice! How long is shipping btw?

Acneruins~I am glad you didnt take offense to my post. I just think we have better things to do with our money.We have been spending way too much money on products that do not work. Go buy your self something nice. Reward your self! Acne sucks and causes us to feel horrible. We have found a solution here and its worth celebrating. I am crossing fingers and toes for you and am anxiously awaiting for you to post back with results.