Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I found this on one of the sites Junkerros listed. This was in a description of a product.

"Contains 3.00% chloroxylenol with 99.99% bacterial reduction in 30-second contact usage"

I have been leaving mine on for 30 seconds. I am so glad I found that. I had never known that before and was just leaving mine on for that long just to be safe. #0 seconds kills 99 % of the bacteria! COOL!!

My husband doesnt have acne. He does have blackheads on his nose and has oily skin. He has noticed that the Provon has made the oil less and the blackheads are clearing up. My daughter has a bad porblem with blackheads and oily skin. She has noticed the blackheads going away and the oily skin not as bad. I dont have as much oil on my skin either. I would say this soap definitley controls the oil.  eusa_dance.gif

Hi Every1,

In response to Dettol which is available in the UK, it is also available in Australia. It is very potent stuff and it is diluted when used. Although it is available in a handwash....there might even be a Dettol face wash i can get some more info on that if you like. The same company also make a product named Sapoderm, it is available in Australia and is absolutely fantastic stuff. I use it in the soap form morning and night, but it recently just came out in a face wash which i am interest to try. There is a link with a bit of information on Sapoderm.........

http://www.homepharmacy.com.au/products/pr...ywords=sapoderm

Anyway I hope that is helpful in someway!

Leanne

MIKE79, how's that soap working for you? Can you still see it working, and has it done anything to your oily skin (if you have oily skin)?

Mike I am so happy to hear you are getting some good results. I knew you would but hearing it come from another source than me is uplifting. Thats amazing!!! I agree with you about not having to use a whole bunch of products. I cant keep up with things that require too much work. I want a simple wash and go plan. This is that plan.

Nanks~ thank you! I am interested in learning more about the dettol. I have read the ingredients and I can not see any thing that would make it not useable as a face wash if diluted properly.

I love all the links everyone has posted. I would have never found some of the other products with out the help of you guys. So thanks everyone!

Yes it's still working great! Skin is soft, smooth, acne going away, redness going away!!  It's been great just using the AloeGuard alone!!  I use nothing now but that and my face is feeling good!!  I tried the Nature's Cure shower kit before I read up on this post, and Nature's Cure shower Kit dried my face out bad and gave me one big cyst and a few pimple!!  So I said F--K it am just not going to put alot of stuff in my face anymore, so I was looking for something the was simple and looked promising, and I found this post and everysince my skin has been improving skin almost back to normal and acne clearing up!!!  Post your progress if you do get the AloeGuard!!  Alright take care everyone and post your progress and good luck cool.gif

Hey all, I'm still on Provon. It's been 3 days now. I do notice that I am not getting any new zits. There're 3 old ones left which resulted in lack of sleep and stress during finals last week. Anyways, I've been researching about skin pH and doing the balancing act. It seems that many exfoliant products out there are generally harmful to acne-prone skin. Acne prone skin = sensitive skin. I found out through another member in a previous forum that using baking SODA (not powder) to exfoliate the face works wonders. I've been on it now since yesterday. Then follow up with apple cider vinegar toning just like how we tone using salicylic acid etc. Hence, my regimen right now is pretty simple (back to nature stuff). The logic behind the baking soda + ACV is we need to balance our skin's pH in order to have healthy skin. Baking Soda is basic/alkaline and ACV is acidic, thus it neutralizes the skin. One thing for sure, baking soda smoothes your skin really well. Just take a spoonful and add a few drops of water to make it into a paste and rub gently on the face. Then wash it off. Use the ACV with water with 1 part ACV & 8 parts water, taking it neat might be too strong for the skin. Dilute it.

My current modified regimen:

Morning:

Nature's Cure pill

Wash with Provon

Exfoliate with Baking Soda

Tone with ACV (I leave my skin wet with it for 10 mins then rinse it off)

got2b avacado, kaolin masque

Evening:

Nature's Cure pill

Wash with Provon

Use Queen Helene's Julep Mint Masque

And I drink lots of water all day trying to reach my 6 litres/day target! Okay,guys hope this helps. And I'm gonna stick with this till I get results. Man, am tired of my face being acne-prone.

Best,

s_m

Nanks~ thank you! I am interested in learning more about the dettol. I have read the ingredients and I can not see any thing that would make it not useable as a face wash if diluted properly.

PROVON -- the #1 skin care brand in U.S. nursing homes -- is now available for those giving and receiving care in the home. Use these gentle, effective PROVON products for hand hygiene, bathing, moisturizing, and personal and incontinent care.

Thats what it says on the web site. I dont see where it is not safe.

Thanks so much for your post. I am going to try this. I too am an adult acne sufferer, and can't deal with it anymore. I can't even be optimistic anymore. I am so grateful for this site!

My husband doesnt have acne. He does have blackheads on his nose and has oily skin. He has noticed that the Provon has made the oil less and the blackheads are clearing up. My daughter has a bad porblem with blackheads and oily skin. She has noticed the blackheads going away and the oily skin not as bad. I dont have as much oil on my skin either. I would say this soap definitley controls the oil.  eusa_dance.gif

Putting dettol on yer face is a really bad idea if you have acne, trust me, I used to do that when I first started getting acne, I also used dettol soap which was equally as bad.

Provon contains~ chloroxylenol 0.3%,water,coconut acid,oleic acid,sodium sulfate,ethanolamine,aloe barbadensis leaf juice,cocamide mea,coco-betaine,hydrolyzed vegetable protein,propylene glycol,retinyl palmitate,tetrasodium edta,tocopheryl acetate,zea mays(corn) oil,hydroxypropyl methycellulose,fragrance.............

hopefully I spelled it all right.

What does a higher concentration of PCMX mean? Does it mean you killed more bacteria when you used it? Does your skin stay bacteria-resistent longer?

OK, I just recieved my shipment of AloeGuard, I will start useing it today, and keep you guys posted on how it works. I am also going to use it on my back and chest and see if it helps my probs there.

O,k, I'm sold on this provon ......

there seems to be alot of people on therse boards who swear by the stuff.

where can I get it in the uk, or can somebody give me a link to a site that ships internationally please?

OK, I just recieved my shipment of AloeGuard, I will start useing it today, and keep you guys posted on how it works. I am also going to use it on my back and chest and see if it helps my probs there.

Glad u got it kamstan good luck!!  Keep us posted on your progress, as I will too!!  My face has been cleared now for two weeks using AloeGuard, a few two tiny pimples that's it, and yesterday I was so tired at work when I got home I didn't wash my face and today I have no new breakouts amazing I usual would if I didn't wash two times a day!!  But the AloeGuard has been really amazing at keeping my skin clear no more worries just wash and go that it!!  Love that I don't have to put anything else anymore!! Goodluck everyone keep us posted on your progress and keep this post alive cool.gif

I have stopped adding water to mine before putting it on my face. I wet my face very little and apply the soap. Then I leave it on for 30 seconds. I am hoping to get the maximum benefits by not diluting it down with water or leaving it on long enough. I quit using the tea tree oil and lavendar when I discovered they were not 100% pure. When I get paid I am going to buy some.

my regime is going to be MORNING-wash with aloe guard, apply alpha hydrox enhanced creme

Night-wash with aloe guard, apply green cream (retinol cream)

right now all im useing is the aloe guard and the enhanced creme morning and night cause next week im doing a deep tca peel (dont want to use retinol so i wont be sensitive)