Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The UK equivalent which keithurbanlover posted was dettol which is a strong antiseptic and i'm not sure i'd like to put it on my face. I'm interested in this link though cos it makes absolute sense and there's no reason why it wouldn't work. Where do you get yours from and can you buy it in the UK?

I've just been on that website!! Cheers muchly I might think about it but I don;t really have any active at the mo - does it help with red marks and bumpy skin?

I would suggest that those of you who are interested to read all of the posts. That keeps us from repeating it over and over. Not that I mind.

americancrewmc~ that is very expensive! I gave $7.00 (shipping and all) for my Provon! I dont remember what Mike paid for the Aloe soap but I can bet it was no where near what that site wants! I suggest shopping around. If you look back through the whole conversation I have posted the link to what I use a few times and Mike has posted his as well. All you need is a soap with chloroxylenol. You dont need to spend a ton of money!!!!

I have read many sites on DETTOL. Just because some people use it on floors doesnt mean you cant use it. I can clean my floors with Provon if I wanted. It doesnt make it a bad thing. It just kills bacteria well enough to be used for many different things. I found a product on a pet website that was Chloroxylenol,salicic acid and sulfur. Those are all used for acne. It just so happens the same ingredients can be used on pets for different skin issues. Its the same stuff. I think the main thing is to read labels.

Lickyl~ thats what I am using

juster18~ I usually leave it on my face 30 seconds. I dont know if you have to or not. I do it just to be safe. It kills all the acnes.

I am thinking of trying the AloeGuard. eusa_clap.gif

I would suggest that those of you who are interested to read all of the posts. That keeps us from repeating it over and over. Not that I mind.

americancrewmc~ that is very expensive! I gave $7.00 (shipping and all) for my Provon! I dont remember what Mike paid for the Aloe soap but I can bet it was no where near what that site wants! I suggest shopping around. If you look back through the whole conversation I have posted the link to what I use a few times and Mike has posted his as well. All you need is a soap with chloroxylenol. You dont need to spend a ton of money!!!!

I have read many sites on DETTOL. Just because some people use it on floors doesnt mean you cant use it. I can clean my floors with Provon if I wanted. It doesnt make it a bad thing. It just kills bacteria well enough to be used for many different things.  I found a product on a pet website that was Chloroxylenol,salicic acid and sulfur. Those are all used for acne. It just so happens the same ingredients can be used on pets for different skin issues. Its the same stuff. I think the main thing is to read labels.

Lickyl~ thats what I am using

juster18~ I usually leave it on my face  30 seconds. I dont know if you have to or not. I do it just to be safe. It kills all the acnes.

I am thinking of trying the AloeGuard.  eusa_clap.gif

ahhhh i always do this.

i already ordered the other stuff but this aloeguard stuff has aloe in it which seems pretty good, and i know it helps with red marks.

now i wish i would have waited.

Hi

I'm from the UK and am more than a little worried about putting DETTOL on my face - isn't that used to clean floors??? wacko.gif

I am changing my routine up a bit. I am now moisturizing with Grapeseed oil. I am also considering adding a bit of Tea tree oil and lavendar to it to help clear up the red spots.

Hye guys, i just wanted to know all the ingredients in the provon soap and also the aloevera soap too. thanks

Hi,

Got my cleanser from GoJo yesterday eusa_dance.gif . Yeah,I did notice that the cleanser did not leave my skin drying out like always. Felt clean and fresh after washing. Well, hope this works for me. Am tired of having those damned acne all my life,man!Mike's stuff sounds great,thanks for letting us know. Later.....

Yea I got the 7 dollar one 4oz, boy this stuff last a long time cause a little drop foams up!!  7 dollar plus shipping..  Thanks again KeithUrbanLover, if it wasn't for u we wouldn't be talking about this that's for sure!!  Oh and yea this stuff is really gentle on my skin that's for sure!

Oh gosh, those poor little pimples are dying away without their precious bacteria to feed them!! This stuff works great!! Cool thing is you get immediate gratification. No waiting for skin to adjust or purge and guess if it really worked or not.

Damit guys and gals I get suckered into buying every new thing out there, even though the stuff I already use works pretty good. So I bought the aloe guard kind, i hope it works. Has anyone with body acne tried this yet? I hope it works for both, that would be awsome to be able to use one product to work on the face and the body.

Chloroxylenol is what doctors use to prep before surgery. It's also what's an acne product I once saw. It kills all bateria(Ibcluding P Acnes) for 12 hours, I suppose that's what is helping you.

I'm glad to see there's finally discussion on chloroxylenol (PCMX)! It is the highest grade anti-microbial you can use for acne, certainly better than the mass-marketed consumer junk.

I recommend AloeGuard which contains .5% PCMX in my science-based protocol, but Techni-Care is also safe for use on the face and contains 3% PCMX which may be more useful for moderate-severe acne.

You do need to use an ultra-soft complexion brush to make sure you exfoliate dead skin cells and get the PCMX into the pores.

Studies so far have shown PCMX does not promote microbial resistance, so it is safe to use long-term.

Logan

I will definitley be trying some of these other soaps as well. I may find one out there I like better than Provon. I am so happy to see so many finding it helpful. I am also tickled there are already a few of you seeing results! Thats amazing!!!!! We need a group photo! smile.gif I have had quite a few pimples since I decided to use some retin a a few days back. I think that stuff brings them out. Its either that or hormone related pimples. The red spots are not much better but make up does a great job covering it.

Hey ppl, Just thought of this new regime. Am going off meat for the next 2 weeks since I've never seen a vegetarian with bad skin. Also,I',m getting started on Nature's Cure t'row since my last dosage of Actimine ends today and I never saw a single difference even after taking them faithfully for 2 months i.e. 8 weeks which actually should have given me some results. Anyways, so here's my regime for now:

AM:

1 Nature's Cure tablet

Wash face with Provon

Tone with Clean & Clear Salicylic Acid Toner

Drink water,water & more water

PM:

1 Nature's Cure Tablet

Wash face with Provon

Tone with C & C SA toner

More water

Alternate days - Got2B Clay Masque with Avocado & Kaolin

My target is 6 litres of clear water/day, 1 apple & 1 orange and NO meat (I've had friends in college who break out when they have chicken for days on a stretch). I read in an article that Nicole Kidman attributes 6 L of H2O/day for her glowing skin. Who knows...there might be truth in it after all.

Hope to say , "GOOD RIDDANCE" to this menace soon. Acne vulgaris, thy days are numbered! (I hope). wink.gif

Apparently applying apple cider vinegar on cotton balls and then dabbing the face a few times a day helps to control oily skin, scarring and acne as well. Might try this as soon as I get some of the ACV.

I must report that I am still getting better. I need to get a new photo up to show my progress. I had a bit of a set back with some retin A. Those pimples are finally gone. I dont think I am going to mess with that stuff any more. It is so harsh. It always makes me worse ( they said it causes things to get worse before better,right?). I am having such luck with the provon I am going to leave it the way I have my routine. I have added grapeseed oil as a moisturizer.

steel_magnolia~ I have noticed less oil on my skin since I started using this soap. It may just be me,but I definitley notice a big difference. DO DRINK WATER! I firmly believe it is helping me. I only consume 60-80 ounces a day right now. Considering I went from zero to 60 I can tell it has made a change.

MIKE79, how's that soap working for you? Can you still see it working, and has it done anything to your oily skin (if you have oily skin)?

My husband doesnt have acne. He does have blackheads on his nose and has oily skin. He has noticed that the Provon has made the oil less and the blackheads are clearing up. My daughter has a bad porblem with blackheads and oily skin. She has noticed the blackheads going away and the oily skin not as bad. I dont have as much oil on my skin either. I would say this soap definitley controls the oil. eusa_dance.gif

can u buy that soap or something like it in like a drugstore??

lol once i put like bactine in my facewash and i was wondering if that would be the equilvalent of that medicated soap?