Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In less than a week. You can look at my photos and see the difference. I still have some red spots and wonder how long it takes for that to go away. As far as pimples I have very few. Some other things I have changed is cutting out sodas and adding water. I have also changed to minerals make up.

Hi,

I'm a new user here. I've been coming to this message board often to see if I could find something new to yeah, you guessed it... to fight acne/blackheads/the curse of my life. Anyways, I have just placed an order from Provon's website. Yup, what's the worse that can happen...it just wouldn't work,right? To quote KeithUrbanLover wink.gif Been stuck with this curse from the time I was 14! It's almost 10 yrs now, oh boy. Have tried almost everything in the market, same old,same old...from Proactive to Actimine to Neutrogena to even the (darned!) expensive Viva Life Sciences products...hmmm, hope this one helps me. Thanks,KeithUrbanLover! Later....

Can you buy Provon in drug stores, or any other stores? Or do you have to order it from a website?

steel_magnolia~ I am soooo happy for you. I pray this is your answer. Give it some time. It completely cleared up my acne. When I wash with it I let it sit on my face for about 30 seconds so I get all the bacteria. Now I wont lie to you....it has not done much for the red spots. I have been on Provon for going on 2 weeks and still have red spots. I have been on another board trying to figure this part out.

lafasta~ I think you can get it at a janitorial(because it is a hand soap) or a medical supply(since it is used in hospitals). You can also call your doctor,dentist,local hospital or nursing home. My church uses it in the bathrooms. Ask them where they buy it. You arent necessarialy going to have to buy Provon. You are looking for a soap with Chloroxylenol(PCMX) in it. Now saying that I dont know anything about the other soaps that have Chloroxylenol in them. Provon has some things in it to moisturize. If you buy something other than Provon I cant say that it wont be harsh on your skin.

I ordered some from a body jewelry web site...they have the smaller containers.

labodyjewelry.com

I am sure there are other places, though

You know... this topic reminds me of this stuff I used a long time ago when I had kind of a rash/infection that resembled acne on my legs. I washed them with this stuff called "Hibiclens", which is used as a pre-surgery disinfectent. It cleared them right up. This may be something to try on my face....

One of the websites I saw it on mentioned that it could be used for acne too.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...831310?v=glance

^ check it out

Some other things I have changed is cutting out sodas and adding water. I have also changed to minerals make up.

Is it actually impossible to get acne when the bacteria can't live on your face?

Do the antibacterial effects of the cleanser remain if you apply toner, lotion, etc.?

Do the antibacterial effects remain if you wash up at some point before the 12 hour timeframe?

thanx

Mike_self~Yes that is all I have changed. I still eat fried foods and chocolate. I noticed many differences in my body from cutting out the soda and adding the water. All of the changes were woth it but the clear face alone was enough.

sphanlon~ Thats a good point you bring up. I dont know. Some days I do tone with a SA toner and most days I dont. I have always felt that that if I can keep the bacteria from growing I can keep the acne from coming. Hopefully we can figure out the answers to these questions.

Back when I pierced my belly button I read about a soap called Provon to use on it. I decided to try it on my face. It has cleared up my skin to the point that I can comfortably go with out make up!!!  I purchased a 4 oz bottle of "Provon Medicated Lotion Soap with Chloroxylenol". It cost me less than $4.00.I dont remember the shipping cost.

Mike 79~ I am soooooo happy for you!!! Thats awesome! Do you find that it is probably the mildest soap you have ever used? I have had so many people post comments asking about how "harsh" it is. I can not make some people realize it is not anywhere near harsh. It is soothing! Trust me after using many acne products i know what Harsh feels like!!! I love the simpleness of the whole thing too. I can not keep up with having to put a whole bunch of stuff on my face. I just want to be able to wash and go. I found some Chloroxylenol creams last night and am looking for them in the US. AGAIN MIKE I AM TICKLED! I am so happy that I helped one person!!! I knew I was on to something. We need to throw a goodbye Party for this damn Acne cause it is on its way out! eusa_dance.gif

Elixir~ It is an antiseptic / disinfectant but one of those sites said it was recommended for acne. I think they mentioned diluting it. Actually this is what it says:

"Liquid antiseptic/disinfectant containing: Chloroxylenol 4.8% w/v. For cuts, bites, abrasions, insect stings, dandruff, and spots and pimples (not eczematous conditions). Adults and children: dilute with water as appropriate before use."

I am going to try to either buy some of that from the UK or try to find it here in the US. I do think what I have is fine but if I can get it in a stronger strength and dilute it,it may end up being cheaper. I am stock piling this stuff so I have enough to last me and my daughter for the rest of our life. I figure once the coorprate folks find out how well it works they are going to make the stuff cost way more. Or they make you have to get a scrip for it! That would be my luck!!!

http://www.reversion.com/index.php

I have never heard of this product in my entire life. Despite the bubble-gum cheesy website, the wash does contain chloroxylenol. I e-mailed them to see what the conc. was. I will let you guys know of the %. Anyhow, have never tried this antimicrobial wash, but keep me updated with your progress.

i just ordered the Provon medicated lotion wth PCMX. My acne is mild, and I have found that BP and SA just make the problem worse. They actually give me more pimples than I start with. After reading this post, I dedided to d a little research and I found a study where people actually cleared more and with less irritation using PCMX. So for 3 dollars, plus another 3 for shipping, I decided this is well worth the try. I would be ecstatic if I could throw away all these half filled products I have with SA and BP. One question though, how long does this stuff have to be on to kill the P. acne's? Does it go into the pores and do the job right away or do you leave it on for a few minutes?

Hi

I'm from the UK and am more than a little worried about putting DETTOL on my face - isn't that used to clean floors??? wacko.gif

Just ran a search on Google and you can buy Provon solution from coldsteel.co.uk which is a body peircing website for £3. Same thing or not???

Hi

I'm from the UK and am more than a little worried about putting DETTOL on my face - isn't that used to clean floors??? wacko.gif

DETTOL ?wacko.gif   The one I'm using AloeGuard Antimicrobial Soap contains a high quality soap base and Chloroxylenol 0.5% (PCMX) which is a proven broad spectrum antimicrobial that is gentle on the hands and yet effective against methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), gram-positive bacteria, gram-negative bacteria, yeasts, and other fungi. AloeGuard is formulated with moisturizing Aloe Vera that soothes damaged skin and promotes healing, cocomide DEA (a coconut oil derivative) and a neutral pH to protect your skins delicate balance. AloeGuard's unique formula actually helps rehydrate your skin's leaving it feeling clean, fresh, and soft.  So u can use it on your face!  Only thing I can say is this stuff is clearing me up!  And it really foams big time which I like about it!!