Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My face has started clearing up for some reason, So i have recently changed the way i do my makeup (foundation) for the past 4 years i have been a cake face, which i hated it took so long to apply so much foundation to cover whole face, and it wastes so much makeup where i dont need it, and i am now sick of it so i decided to only apply foundation on my marks and a few pimples.

2 days ago i went to the hairdresser for the first time in sooooo long, and for me it took so much guts coz i hate the mirrors and lights etc, but i got my hair cut and dyed.

my mum said the hair colour is to dark and makes my marks stand out more, then she changed it and said no wait, its because your not doing your makeup right, and i said i can't be bothered, then she called my lazy and i was like cry.gif and now i ran to my room crying, i'm doing this for the better, makeup ruined my face so much and now im starting to clear up and feel less FAKE like this, but she doesnt like it. evil.gifevil.gif i hate her.

she said people can't see me done up nicely one day then be ugly the next time they see you ahhhhhhh what do i do.

i was feeling so good and now i feel like shit again.

well dont listen to her... she sounds very superficial and not understanding AT ALL! I think you should sit down and talk to her about how much you are hurting because of what she said... maybe she doesn't realise how much she hurt you... Keep wearing not much make-up, people will admire you for your confidence- not looks! eusa_angel.gif

My face has started clearing up for some reason, So i have recently changed the way i do my makeup (foundation) for the past 4 years i have been a cake face, which i hated it took so long to apply so much foundation to cover whole face, and it wastes so much makeup where i dont need it, and i am now sick of it so i decided to only apply foundation on my marks and a few pimples.

2 days ago i went to the hairdresser for the first time in sooooo long, and for me it took so much guts coz i hate the mirrors and lights etc, but i got my hair cut and dyed.

my mum said the hair colour is to dark and makes my marks stand out more, then she changed it and said no wait, its because your not doing your makeup right, and i said i can't be bothered, then she called my lazy and i was like  cry.gif and now i ran to my room crying, i'm doing this for the better, makeup ruined my face so much and now im starting to clear up and feel less FAKE like this, but she doesnt like it.  evil.gif  evil.gif i hate her.

she said people can't see me done up nicely one day then be ugly the next time they see you ahhhhhhh what do i do.

i was feeling so good and now i feel like shit again.

Guest Avian

Ignore her. If you are clearing up without make up, then leave it off and wait for the results. Soon there will be nothing for her to comment about.

Guest Amy Lee

First, congratulations you were able to go to a salon and face your fears.

Tell your mommy in a nice way that you listen to her advices but it's still you who'll be deciding for your life. Don't close you ears to what she says because she's still your mom and I know no moms would want anything worse for their sons/daughters.

Meet her halfway. You do your thing while little by little following what she says, not necessarily completely but make it known to her that you're putting efforts into it.

Guest Amy Lee

I'm not in good terms with my own mom too, but I'm making adjustments even though it's REALLLLY hard.

Hope you get reconciled about the make-up highlights stuff early. wink.gif

i damn feel good without makeup. I have this defiant attitude whenever I bring my nephew to the school bus. Nobody bothers me, nobody cares about my marks - now if i started slouching and shrinking like i used to do, even with makeup - people will no doubt approach me and talk to me about acne.

so keep on going without makeup (or with light makeup). people don't really notice until you bring it to their attention.

p.s. my mom hates it when i wear too much makeup - she says i'm only aggravating my acne. of course, she's right.

Guest WhyGOD111

I hate when family members put me down. For instance when I first started breaking out all I would get was comments from family members teasing me about it and saying how it ruined my face.(I hate all my family members now except my grandparents from my moms side)

I hate when family members put me down. For instance when I first started breaking out all I would get was comments from family members teasing me about it and saying how it ruined my face.(I hate all my family members now except my grandparents from my moms side)

People who dont have acne dont understand what we go through.They think we can control how our face look, whether we break out or not and thats just stupid.