Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
foreveryouth

Dairy products - THE PROBLEM

hey guys and girls,

im an 18 year old guy at uni, and have had moderare acne for about 2 years on and off. i used to use antibiotics which worked at first but then stopped working so the acne came back sad.gif !! anyway, i think i have cracked it!!! at first i thought diet had no affect on acne......how wrong could i be!!!! in my first term at uni, i was a real pig and would always get takeaways at mac d's and eat really bad and ended up having a huge breakout just before i broke up for x-mas!!! after a week of being at home and eating proper foods, my acne significantly improved...big time!!! so i carried on this good eating till the next term and guess what....the acne stayed ok...i had a few minor breakouts but nothing like before!!! anyhow it wasnt till the 3rd term when i read about the effects of dairy products. so after a about 2 weeks of eating no dairy products i have had barely 1 major breakout and my face is now just recovering from all the previous spot marks.....i feel like a new man and have even got myself a girlfriend!!!! its fantastic!!!!!! i really recomend this to everyone as although it may not work for everyone, what the hell have u got to lose???? its not like ur paying for expensive products which let u down!!! all u have to do is stop eating certain products!!!! i never though it would work but ive proved myself wrong!!

i would love to know if this help has been any use to anyone smile.gif

hey guys and girls,

im an 18 year old guy at uni, and have had moderare acne for about 2 years on and off. i used to use antibiotics which worked at first but then stopped working so the acne came back sad.gif !! anyway, i think i have cracked it!!! at first i thought diet had no affect on acne......how wrong could i be!!!! in my first term at uni, i was a real pig and would always get takeaways at mac d's and eat really bad and ended up having a huge breakout just before i broke up for x-mas!!! after a week of being at home and eating proper foods, my acne significantly improved...big time!!! so i carried on this good eating till the next term and guess what....the acne stayed ok...i had a few minor breakouts but nothing like before!!! anyhow it wasnt till the 3rd term when i read about the effects of dairy products. so after a about 2 weeks of eating no dairy products i have had barely 1 major breakout and my face is now just recovering from all the previous spot marks.....i feel like a new man and have even got myself a girlfriend!!!! its fantastic!!!!!! i really recomend this to everyone as although it may not work for everyone, what the hell have u got to lose???? its not like ur paying for expensive products which let u down!!! all u have to do is stop eating certain products!!!! i  never though it would work but ive proved myself wrong!!

i would love to know if this help has been any use to anyone smile.gif

Congrats on getting clear. I've learned as well the key to clearing up is avoiding those irritating foods. Makes me mad it took me so long to realize it was something so simple though.

Great progress so far! I totally agree with you. I have suffered from acne since the age of 14 (Im now almost 19). For the past 3 months, I have been following a regimen very similar to that of Antony's and it has worked EXTREMELY well...no new breakouts at all! Maybe 1-2 small bumps over 3 months but thats it. Right now I just have 3 fading (very quickly) redmarks. I feel eliminating dairy completely from my diet has helped tremendously. It was hard to give it up at first (I love chesse and milk soo much) but soon it truly becomes a different lifestyle and I am loving it.

I had success for 2 months without the dairy. It was amazing to see the results but i guess my body found a way to keep the acne coming because after 2 months i broke out and i am still trying to figure out why. I still can't get rid of the acne now that it's back. I havent started up with dairy again but i am going to try adding some EFAs, maybe i wasnt getting enough essential fats sad.gif

I had success for 2 months without the dairy. It was amazing to see the results but i guess my body found a way to keep the acne coming because after 2 months i broke out and i am still trying to figure out why. I still can't get rid of the acne now that it's back. I havent started up with dairy again but i am going to try adding some EFAs, maybe i wasnt getting enough essential fats sad.gif

I eat dairy products all the time. Yogurt, cheese, skim milk, whole milk, cottage cheese.

I don't break out.

Once again, diet has nothing to do with acne. Certain foods maybe cause a breakout more likely than others but generally food has nothing to do with it.

I eat dairy products all the time. Yogurt, cheese, skim milk, whole milk, cottage cheese.

I don't break out.

Once again, diet has nothing to do with acne. Certain foods maybe cause a breakout more likely than others but generally food has nothing to do with it.

I don't break out.

I don't break out.

I find that after I take certain foods out of my diet including dairy products, fried foods, soda, and junk foods I rarely get acne.  This is the only thing that I have found to prevent me from getting acne.  There are many people here who have changed signifigantly for the better after chaning their diet, I don't beleive that diet has nothing to do with acne.  Also, different people have different triggers for acne, dairy may not be yours, none of us are the same.

I was not eating any dairy. but i found that some junk like cookies and whatnot was ok once in a while. i mean, for 2 months i eliminated all the cheese and yogurt, milk...eveything and was CLEAR. and trust me i had crazy cystic acne from when i got off birth control. it was such a tease, 2 months of thinking id found the answer and not having to take anything or use any products. Now im just as bad if not worse. It's the stuff on my back thats killing me. any thoughts?

I was not eating any dairy. but i found that some junk like cookies and whatnot was ok once in a while. i mean, for 2 months i eliminated all the cheese and yogurt, milk...eveything and was CLEAR. and trust me i had crazy cystic acne from when i got off birth control. it was such a tease, 2 months of thinking id found the answer and not having to take anything or use any products. Now im just as bad if not worse. It's the stuff on my back thats killing me. any thoughts?