Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aaah21

i got 1 week :(

i got 1 week before my show (its on friday next week)

and about 150-180$ to spend on those red spots...

i wanna fade as much as possible by friday...

any ideas?

i got 1 week before my show (its on friday next week)

and about 150-180$ to spend on those red spots...

i wanna fade as much as possible by friday...

any ideas?

you wont get much fading in one week even with the strongest cream, which may be quite harsh of course.

i would say to invest in a good concealer instead to wear for your show.

I think AHA peels will make the red marks more obvious because these marks indicate damage has occurred to the skin and a peel would only increase the degree of damage.

Also, I use a 30% glycolic acid peel and you need to give your skin at least 1 week to heal after each peel so I wouldn't risk it if you only have 1 week to your show. The peels are chemicals over which there is little control so you don't want to take the risk of some unanticipated difficulties.

I recommend 2 things:

1] try out 100% pure aloe vera gel. It has healing properties and according to others on the aloe vera gel thread, some saw improvement over a week's time. You should start out slowly to make sure it doesn't break you out and that you're not allergic to aloe.

2] I agree with angelj that you can't expect perfect healing of the marks in 1 week so you should invest in some makeup. Go to a professional makeup artist and have them do a complete application or makeover on you. They will advise you on the products and the proper application techniques to achieve the appropriate results.

As a gentle warning, since you only have 1 week, now is not the time to try experimenting with new products, potions or procedures. If some unexpected side effects occur, there isn't enough time to recover. In fact, professionals advise brides not to try anything new at least 1 month prior to the main event.

Good luck.

I agree with Aloe Vera

Less is best when it comes to red marks. Don't use anything too strong and wash your face LESS if at all. Some are just using warm water.

Peels do help with red marks, but for the first week it will look worse. I do 50% and the first couple of days to a week they are redder... and then they are so much less noticable. It takes a couple of peels to get rid of them too. So i'd go for a good concealer.

i was gonig to say go talk to a derm about peels and see the recovery time and if they think it would help. i always heard peels do help but u dont have much time i do not know what the recovery for a peel would be. good luck. by the way what kinda show is it ?