Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alina

Accutane users--can we take a multivitamin

Hey guys, I really dont feel like popping a bunch of pills like a vit. E, C, D, etc, and the multivitamins all have vitamin A in them. What are we aloud to do?? Thanks in advance!!!

Hey guys, I really dont feel like popping a bunch of pills like a vit. E, C, D, etc, and the multivitamins all have vitamin A in them. What are we aloud to do?? Thanks in advance!!!

my derm prohibited me from taking any multivitamin with Vitamin A in it.

since, as you said, all multi's have Vit A in them, i have basically just stayed off my multivitamins for the duration of my Accutane treatment. i still take C and Zinc separately for general health. Plus, i try to get as much vitamins/minerals/nutrition from food as possible.

I heard you could continue to take a multi if it has less than 100% the RDA of Vit A, but my derm said not to take it just to be safe because you get quite a bit of Vit A from foods you eat everyday anyway, especially processed foods which are often fortified. To be safe I am not going to eat anything that has too much Vit A in it, unless it's in the form of beta carotene.

why can't you just find a multi with 100% as beta carton...whatever, lol, forgot how to spell it...that would be safe?

Hey...I wondered the same thing but my derm told me not to take the multi-vitamin. I thought that not taking the vitamin would make me tired and that I would get sick easier but that hasn't been the case at all and I've been off of them for about 5 months. I only take C and E. Hope this helps!