Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

is that a good sign? the blackheads which came up on my nose have now all left on their own? does anyone know if this is a good thing?

let me see... blackheads and acne are caused by sebum production.....blackheads are pure sebum.....excessive sebum in the pores is pushed up by accutane......is it good? I dunno, what do you think?

theres no need to make things complicated when they arent, a simple yes would have been helpfull, and i dont have common sense why else would i be taking roaccutane? its poison and WILL fuck u up

you're taking accutane to get rid of acne AND blackheads. Well, your blackheads are gone. Is it good? How hard can it be?

why are you taking it if it's poison

i dont have a choice, cant live like a hermit anymore, mind u ive put so many chemicals up my nose anyway its hardly gonna make much difference, i feel sorry for the healthy people on here

too bad cause there are plenty people here that got clear and stayed healthy. If accutane destroyed your health forever they would have made the drug illegal a long time ago.

Person222, I am thinking of taking accutane for excessive oil probelm , resulting in a lot of black heads on my nose. I would be very happy if I got the same results as you are describing - Can you give us a little more background - how your acne was to start with, why you took accutane, what dose you were on etc?

Person222, I am thinking of taking accutane for excessive oil probelm , resulting in a lot of black heads on my nose. I would be very happy if I got the same results as you are describing - Can you give us a little more background - how your acne was to start with, why you took accutane, what dose you were on etc?

Ok, how come i'm a few days off finishing my 2nd month and still have blackheads everywhere? (NONE have gone) The oil has been gone for over a month, but they are still here evil.gif Am i just stuck with them forever? or is there still hope? Please reassure me sad.gif

thanks xo

it happens at different speeds for everyone. It will clear yours up too. All my blackheads clearded in about 2 months. But now it's like I sometimes get "white" blackheads in place of them. Very strange.

Anyway, you'll see. It will happen for you. Good luck and stay positive.

well i had fairly mild but persistant acne and i was put on 60mg a day, i didnt actually have blackheads anywere but suddenly they all cam up on my nose about week 3 and had gone by week 4, im hoping this is a good thing, my skin is looking better, i havent had a new white head for about 4days now which is almost long enough to rule out the possibility of a fluke smile.gif

This is very interesting, I wonder why the blackheads pop out as such. Could it be becuase of the sebaceous gland shrinking effects of the accutane?

it is interesting, i think it is a good sign tho cause my skin has cleared up since the blackheads come up n go, i wonder how deep ur pores actually r

This is very interesting, I wonder why the blackheads pop out as such. Could it be becuase of the sebaceous gland shrinking effects of the accutane?

The reason why it might not disappear on its own is because there are certain areas on the face where they are tightly embedded, on your chin for example, or your forehead. The nose is different. Usually, when you take a shower or stay in the sauna, yor skin becomes softer, and then the blackheads can come out, especially if you softly scratch the area where they are located. After you are done with your treatment and if you still have blackheads, you can go to the spa where they will manually get rid of them, by steaming out your skin and squeezing each blackhead. I had this problem, I kept doing it, but the blackheads would come back in a week or less. Since accutane stops the productiuon of oil, it theoretically should stop the production of blackheads. Thus if you clean it once, it won't come back.

The question is then if your skin will return to the previous levels of oiliness post accutane as this would cause the blackheads to represent themselves!