Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ecko777

Differin side effects

I just started differin in conjuction with bp. my face is a litttle red and flaky everywhere. I have been using bp for a while and my skin never adjusted to it. My question is, is differin different in that my skin will adjust to it or is it like bp where i am screwed?

Guest Avian

If your skin never adjusted to BP then you were probably using too much of it. Skin should adjust to Differin, in fact I found that it produced less side effects than BP.

Also, the combo of BP and Differin is: a) too harsh, b) pointless - BP will counteract the effects of the Differin.

If your skin never adjusted to BP then you were probably using too much of it. Skin should adjust to Differin, in fact I found that it produced less side effects than BP.

Also, the combo of BP and Differin is: a) too harsh, b) pointless - BP will counteract the effects of the Differin.

when i was taking bactrim tabs, i was told by my derm to use bp in the day and differin at night. Or was it the other way around... dunno but yeah, they are good together.

Is it differin cream or gel?  I found the gel too irritating and I had to take days off of using it after applying it like 3 days in a row.

But did you find differin helped over time? I've tried going on this about 3 times, but have had to stop each time as my skin really couldn't handle it, even when using the cream only every other day. However, I think if my skin was able to tolerate it, it would address my main problem (dozens of closed comedones i.e. whiteheads, which are very susceptible to becoming inflamed) better than BP.

But did you find differin helped over time? I've tried going on this about 3 times, but have had to stop each time as my skin really couldn't handle it, even when using the cream only every other day. However, I think if my skin was able to tolerate it, it would address my main problem (dozens of closed comedones i.e. whiteheads, which are very susceptible to becoming inflamed) better than BP.

I found that it definitely helped over time. It successfully eliminated my acne 5 years ago. I went on it again for 4 months or so and it worked again. I quit using it because I'd like to be able to go out in the sun once in a whlie. I don't get much ance any more, just workin on the red marks.

Guest Avian
when i was taking bactrim tabs, i was told by my derm to use bp in the day and differin at night. Or was it the other way around... dunno but yeah, they are good together.

Yup, Differin at night and BP during the day is definitely a winning combo. Doing both at the same time isn't though...