Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest jollajolla

First thing you would do if the acne disappeared

Guest jollajolla

i'd hop in my car. check myself out in the mirror in full on sunlight....give a half assed wave to my neighbors and kids on bicycles, throw out money...go straight to disneyland, then go on all of the rides and buy all of the pictures of me on the rides. then i'd get a mickey mouse popsicle, with the ice cream and chocolate on the outside (i'm trembling with excitement over here) and then i'd get my picture taken with pocahontas and try to slip hercules my number. it would be so. freaking. awesome.

ta da!

There's this store up the street from where I live, which sells its own brand of skincare products. Not by accident I'm sure, it also has the very brightest lighting of any store I've ever seen. It's really quite positively insanely bright, like you could get a sunburn just by browsing for too long. Every time I walk by I almost shudder at the thought of setting foot in there. I couldn't bear the harsh, unforgiving assault of the full-spectrum halogen lights, throwing out an unearthly glare that would make anyone's skin look pocky, porey and blotchy. Stumbling into this store would, at least psychologically, seriously be the equivalent of finding yourself trapped all of a sudden inside a Xerox machine, claustrophobic, confused, and choking for air, your face pressed up against the glass from beneath as the eyelid-piercing rod, glowing like an isotope, roves back and forth across your face; or it would flood your vision and permeate your whole skin like the blinding whitewash that fills a room whenever someone gets abducted by aliens in a sci-fi movie. With newly clear skin-- and on Accutane combined with my own program I'm already rapidly getting there-- I would spend an ENTIRE DAY in that store, doing cartwheels in my mind knowing that everyone who comes in would feel self-conscious and openly seethe with envy at my own immaculate countenance. Then I would spend all day eating nothing but milk, chocolate, burgers, fries, anything extremely sugary (not just very but extremely, dammit!), and all the things in general I've obsessively denied myself specifically as dietary triggers to my acne. And last of all I would round up all the countless half-used frustrating and damaging crap commercial topical products I've put up with and been through over the years, put them all in one big black plastic Glad garbage bag, tie it up, and get one of those great big circus cannons and launch the whole projectile straight into the gonads of the dermatologist who once forced me to keep using certain products that almost destroyed my skin while maniacally encouraging me to drink milk like a newborn calf. Then I'm gonna go get a life after obsessing over nothing but acne since puberty........... biggrin.gif

Guest jollajolla

that was amazing! -applause-

I'd go outside. Look up at the sky, close my eyes, take a deep breath and start walking. Where to? Who knows. Who am i gonna meet along the way? Who cares. I'd be confident in my self again... not so much confident in my self but more focused on everything else around me and not my skin. I'd probably end up at school, just to remember what it feels like to be normal, to feel excited to be around other people and learning. My mind would be at ease for the first time in 7 years... i'd be completely at ease. I could think long and clear about other things and feel retarded for ever thinking i had ADD. I'd make sense of all these feelings i have inside and what i want to do with my life, then i'd pick up right where i left off. Sharing myself with the world again.

Its funny how, when we look in the mirror most of us are so focused on our acne and our scars that we don't see the rest of the reflection. The world around us. No matter what i do acnes on my mind... even as im writing this. So if i ever do beat acne, the first thing i'll do is come here and write this post over again except with my head on straight.... i wonder what i'll write.

i wouldnt do anything different....because lets look at reality. acne doesn't just go away, it takes time, so by the time my skin is clear, its not like one day imma look in the mirror and say "OH MY GOD, MY FACE IS CLEAR!! YAYY LETS PARTY!!!"

no....

lets snap into reality guys. Yes, I will be happy, but im not going to go jumping around one day, clear skin takes a series of days.

Good day.

LOL, im surprised you caught it.

I edited it though, I dont want to "offend" anyone on here as it seems most people on here are easily offended.

First I'd take a picture. Then I'd probably go to church and thank God for clearing me. Then I would try to do all the things I wanted to do but I felt acne prevented me from doing. Oh yeah, and I would have a smile on my face the whole time I was doing everything.

Guest WhyGOD111

Hang out with my friends its been such a long time.... cry.gif

I'd invite all my friends to go out!!! And I'd go shopping and try on all the clothes in the fitting room, enjoying the non-fear of having to look in the mirror.

I would go march right up to my ex and tell him i still love him and i want him back. then i would have the confidence to go find a job - and they would actulaly hire me cuz i woudlnt look like a circus freak.

Guest Amy Lee

I'll shout out loud to the heavens up above, Hallelujah! Praise to the Lord! eusa_angel.gif

He has given and He has taken (insert acne) away! eusa_angel.gif

My acne is gone for the moment,but the scars that are left are too much.If they were gone,I would then ask the girl who I really,really like out.

Guest OrangeFlower
i would run down the road butt naked

I would take a moment to remember how bad acne hurt me and remember to be thankful everyday for it having gone away!

I would go  march right up to my ex and tell him i still love him  and i want him back. then i would have the confidence to go find a job - and they would actulaly hire me cuz i woudlnt look like a circus freak.

I would just lay on the floor infront of the first mirror i found finding my body clear of all acne. And just lay there for hours i dont know what i would think about but i would be happy. Then get up and get a maccy d's. biggrin.gif

Id literally look at the mirror all day in disbelief then celebrate the remaining days just by not worrying about my face anymore... I cant wait till that day comes...

Are you kidding? The best revenge is looking fabulous. Go get another guy and go around looking amazing-- THAT will get your ex back in a heartbeat.

Guest OrangeFlower

lol

this is such a sweet thread!

smile.gif i love this post

i would go to school and anywhere in public with NO MAKEUP ON (gasp) and acne would be the last thing on my mind. i wouldnt avoid mirrors either. also im always afraid of being close to people because i dont want them to see my acne up close eusa_sick.gif so i would definitely walk right up to someone, look them straight in the eye, and have a big smile on my face. i would be so happy.