Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beachbum

I just can't take it...death is so inviting...

No, death is not the answer....i have to say i joined this site because not only am i looking for ways to treat and rid acne scarring...this site has been my support group of people going through the same thing....i could never afford counselling if i'm spending my hard earned cash finding affordable treatments....so, thank u acne.org!...and hang in there beachbum, u r not alone!

beachbum:

Your very user name in itself implies to me that you are a fun-loving person! I'm sorry that acne has literally scarred your life, but you are not alone and I'm sure you know that. Suicide? Don't do it! Just say NO! I've never met you, but just stick around with the rest of us and keep fighting; I feel you are not a quitter.

Here's what I do sometimes when I get depressed about my acne scars:

1) Watch a very funny movie. One that has pulled me through some tough times is "Dumb and Dumber". I watched it over and over. Sometimes, laughter truly is the best medicine!

2) When feeling sorry for myself, I think about how much worse off I could be. I'm in good health, and I try to remember that. Things could be MUCH worse. Just look around. Life is unfair, but don't take for granted the blessings that have been bestowed upon you.

3) Do something fun. Look for some kind of hobby, maybe. Something to take your mind off your scars.

I don't mean to downplay your scars, but I want you to know that life is almost always going to be tough. Maybe it's just part of some trial we have to go through while we're here on this spinning top we call "earth". Maybe one of our trials is to be disfigured with acne scars, and somebody up there is watching to see how we handle it. Don't let them down, and don't let the ones that love you down. Hang in there, you're worth it! Don't forget, some astonishing development could happen in acne scar revision, and it could be SOON. I'm certain eventually mankind will find a satisfactory treatment.

As far as counseling goes, maybe friends and family can help, and if you seek professional help, there may be some free counseling for those who can't afford it. Check it out. Also, remember you'll have us here to help you out, too. wink.gif

I'm so sorry some of you feel that depressed to even think about or try to attempt suicide. I have thought about it a lot, but for other reasons. Was on the brink and very close to doing something to myself several times. Please don't think there is no way to one day fix or feel better about your problems. I just always tell myself that maybe the next day will be better and it usually is.

I have never seen an ugly girl on this forum, you are all pretty wub.gif

No amount of scars can make someone ugly, so stop putting yourself down eusa_hand.gif

Things will get better, they always do biggrin.gif

But of course, above concerns just severe face scarred people. For a quite majority of people on this board the scars are so shallow the problems could be treated with much less time.

I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree.  I am severely scarred, more so than your pictures indicate of your scarring.  I know the scarring can look bad but it doesn't make me look/feel ugly.  There are also people on this forum who have very minor scarring but are still just plain ugly ... IMHO.  It's all relative really.  The scarring doesn't really have an effect on our features, which is what I use to determine whether or not I find someone attractive.  You make it sound like all people with smooth, unscarred skin are not ugly and people with severe scarring are.  That is just not the case.  I too had the attitude that I would go at any lengths to fix the scarring, no matter what the cost.  But I realized just after one attempt that what I am trying to fix really isn't "broken" in a sense - just a part of me that I had learned to accept before and accept even more after attempting to fix it.

well if you do decide to take that path of death be sure to help out others before you go, and donate everything in your name to the less fortunate

or just live in a place that is less saturated with humans, where you have to plant food or hunt it, then you wouldn't have to worry what people think of you

With all due respect, you make it sound like she has a disease for contemplating suicide.

Did you ever think that maybe she can't afford such counseling? That this is the only forum where she feels comfortable sharing her thoughts? That we may her best hope of getting beyond this?

I almost never stand up to "board policy" but your post seemed insensitive to me.

With all due respect, you make it sound like she has a disease for contemplating suicide.

Did you ever think that maybe she can't afford such counseling? That this is the only forum where she feels comfortable sharing her thoughts? That we may her best hope of getting beyond this?

I almost never stand up to "board policy" but your post seemed insensitive to me.

You need to try and be strong. I tried to commit suicide in high school when I had perfect skin and ppl asked me if I was a model. I just wasn't happy with myself. Now I'm not happy with my skin but I know I am a good person. Sure I'd give almost anything to have perfect skin so I can go in a pool and workout in public, but they are ways to get rid of scars. Find something you're better at than your sisters and capitalize on it. Just cause you're skin is bad, or you're not skinny, doesn't mean you can't be outgoing and cheerful. That spackle thing was really mean and the person who sent that obviously needs their ass kicked. (sorry).

I agree with almost everything Noone has to say......he appears quite realistic in his thoughts. Listen.....all this feel good shit does not make me feel better.....it may work for others but don't lie to people and tell them that scars don't matter....nobody else notices......all that rhetoric is just garbage

Scars suck.....cancer sucks.....hiv sucks.......shit happens in life and sometimes that shit can truly make an otherwise happy person horribly depressed and even suicidal. And yes, I'm comparing scars to cancer....don't tell me that is ridiculous.....the physcological impact could actually be worse with scars.

Facial disfigurement is seriously depressing

And yes, I'm comparing scars to cancer....don't tell me that is ridiculous.....the physcological impact could actually be worse with scars.

And yes, I'm comparing scars to cancer....don't tell me that is ridiculous.....the physcological impact could actually be worse with scars.

My guess is that you still are exceptionally pretty. It's probably even part of the reason that some pathologically insecure person left you that note. I would say they have much bigger problems in life than you.

I know how you feel though. When I was 16 a model scout contacted my parents about me. That was the same year my face exploded. Now, I am 37 and although I am not a model, my husband  calls me Beauty as a nickname and every couple days a stranger compliments me on my looks. In general, I get a lot of attention even though I have a moderate amount of scars. In other words, you can still be considered beautiful even with acne scars. It's hard to see that though when you are young and surrounded by insecure people just looking for a reason to make fun of any little thing they can find, just so they can feel better about their little selves.

As you get older, you'll find people are less secure. Plus you will have more and more opportunities to choose the people in your life, including people you love and who love you just like you are. And if you think about it, being loved and admired is a major reason we are all so obsessed with our looks in the first place! (that and the airbrushed images we see in the media :-)

E

I have noticed when I am visiting this board, ore when I am spending to mush time

here, I am always getting low, its not the board ore members, its me passively sitting in-front of my computer thinking

about nothing else but scars scars scars, its a mind trap

sometimes its just so hard to escape for those sad feelings

Each month I am putting away money for a treatment

and in the meentime investigating the best possibly treatment and

doctor.

I think of it as my own little secret that I am keeping for my self

to you wink.gif

Many of us here have also suffered from acne and the resulting scarring so you are not alone. There is hope. For icepick scarring I would look into TCA CROSS. You can do a search on the board and find lots and lots of information about it.

Remember that you are more than your face and your external appearance. Try to think about more than just your appearance and think about how you can add value to the world in other ways. If people cannot accept you with your scarring, then you know that they are truly not worth your time. I know it hurts, but try to make the best of your life that you can while you can. You might also try therapy to deal with the issues that you are having in regard to your self esteem.

Remember that you are not alone and that there are others who suffer from the same and even worse conditions than yourself. My best to you.

I suffered with SEVRE acne my sophomore and junior year of high school. I had  two older sisters, and we all went to the same high school together. My freshman year, my sisters and I were known as the "hot Wilson sisters." However, once my acne flared up, that all changed. NOw, being a senior, I finally conquered the acne, but....I am left with SO MANY ice pick scars on my cheeks, I feel like a freak. My sisters and I all get pictures together every year for my mom on mother's day....and I always feel bad. My sisters are so gorgeous..they have perfet skin..down to the tee. I feel like someone took  an ice pick tool and repeatedly stabbed me in the cheeks...I hate it.  Do you know what it feels like being the black sheep in the family? At reunions, my aunts and uncles always complement my sisters about how they should be models or actors...and then they see me, and all they say is "how is school, I hear you're doing well" Everyone stares at me...damn ice pick scars ruined my life...they're everywhere. I get  teased at school so horribly....one day, while I was going to my locker, I found a present waiting for me..it was christmas, and I thought that maybe I actually had a friend and that they left me a present...I was wrong. I opened the present and I got spackle...the kind you use to seal cracks and holes in your house ...there was also a note attatched...and it said "fix the holes bitch, they make you look like shit!" . Do you know what it feels like to get SPACKLE for christmas!!! I never knew that something like ice pick scars could ruin a person, even me, I was so optomistic about life...now I live in a hole.

"To be, or not to be: that is the question"

I should just end the pain....

Hi guys. Well, I guess it's time for an update. I went to the lady's office who's friends with my mom, and they evaluated my skin.

My skin is supposedly really hard to treat because I have SOOO Many ice pick scars bunched together, mixed with some rolling and MORE ICE PICKS. It is all concentrated in the upper cheek region...They aren't sure what to do really, because if they were to TCA CROSS it, they would have to CROSS 80 ice picks (AT LEAST) cry.gif ....Someone also suggested needling with a tattoo gun, because apparently I'm young enough to the point where I "still have a lot" of collagen, so all they would have to do is break up the scar tissue or something...I don't know....what do you guys think?

Hi guys. Well, I guess it's time for an update. I went to the lady's office who's friends with my mom, and they evaluated my skin.

My skin is supposedly really hard to treat because I have SOOO Many ice pick scars bunched together, mixed with some rolling and MORE ICE PICKS. It is all concentrated in the upper cheek region...They aren't sure what to do really, because if they were to TCA CROSS it, they would have to CROSS  80 ice picks (AT LEAST) cry.gif ....Someone also suggested needling with a tattoo gun, because apparently I'm young enough to the point where I "still have a lot" of collagen, so all they would have to do is break up the scar tissue or something...I don't know....what do you guys think?

dermabrasion isn't an option for me. I am only given the two options above because of my current financial status. Thank you for your input, though; I do appreciate it.

My skin is supposedly really hard to treat because I have SOOO Many ice pick scars bunched together, mixed with some rolling and MORE ICE PICKS. It is all concentrated in the upper cheek region...They aren't sure what to do really, because if they were to TCA CROSS it, they would have to CROSS  80 ice picks (AT LEAST) cry.gif ....Someone also suggested needling with a tattoo gun, because apparently I'm young enough to the point where I "still have a lot" of collagen, so all they would have to do is break up the scar tissue or something...I don't know....what do you guys think?

Thanks Lexy for your reply. I still don;t know though, I mean yes, the dermabrasion would be cheaper if I only did it on my cheeks, but I still don't think i have that kinda money.

So,I have gone to the office again and the facilist person (I keep forgetting her name) told me to go with needling...she said because I have ice pick scars so close togerther on my cheeks, she could just needle my cheek area and not damage the rest of my skin, even though the tattoo gun would pass over some of the (very scarce) healthy tissue...She also said that because I have a lot of scarred pores on my cheeks, I would benefit from the needling as well. So, I guess needling then? Besides, my skin is an olive tone and I get hyperpigmentation quite easily (acne red marks take FOREVER to fade, can't imagine with the TCA CROSS red marks!), so the lady said that needling would also be better for me because of that...so I guess needling it is...