Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lisa!

Glycolic Acid Skin Peel

is this GLycolic peel good for Asian skin? Anyone know? i'm Asian and i have pretty much olive complexion. My marks arent exactly red. They are a lil brownish and mostly on cheeks.

Marks on cheeks are the hardest to go away, that how it is for me. It takes years =(

Starting with a 30% peel is fine.

You should apply it to your entire face.

Try eBay - there just as good, and quite cheap!

I am afraid I don't know about Asian skin, although I can't see why it wouldn't work.

Do they sell this glycolic acid at US pharmacies??

I'm thinking about ordering off the net, but don't wanna wait so long. How long does it usually take to ship from ebay?

Thanks!

Just as a word of caution.......some people are very allergic to glycolic acids so EVERYONE should try a small patch test first to see if your skin is going to work well with it. My mother-in-law went into an upscale salon in Rancho Santa Fe for a light glycolic peel and she had dime sized red, itchy patches all over her face for over 2 weeks. I also experience this reaction when I use facial products containing any type of glycolic acid in them.

Also, don't forget the sunscreen with a SPF 15 or higher (full spectrum). After peels your skin is much more prone to hyperpigmentation, which can be harder to get rid of than the original red marks.

I have been reading posts regarding the effectiveness of glycolic acid peels on red marks. My son looks like he still has severe acne because of all of his red marks, when in actuality he only has a few pimples.

My question is: How do you know who the legitamite sellers on ebay are? Because this is an acid, there is much potential for harm and I want to be sure I am buying the real deal for my son and not anything that will harm him.

jamiep try looking for powersellers on ebay..they usually have tons of feedback and all positive...people with lots of positive feedback are usually trustworthy

I've been using a 50% peel once a week for the last 6 months and the results have been amazing. When I was younger I had severe back acne but as it cleared up I had a lot of red marks left all over my back.

I still remember the next morning after my first peel. Being someone who looked at my back religiously every morning for years as I tried different things to clear up my acne, I'm somone who can spot a new zit in a back full of 100 of them. Anyway, the improvement was better than anything else I had tried (vitamins, etc.), however I should say that it's been six months and I still have a lot of clearing up to go before my back looks like it never had a zit. It's gradual but Monday mornings are days I look forward to now :-)

Anyway, I use KAVI Glycolic Acid, 50%, leave it on for ten minutes (it's longer than they recommend, but it's been fine), and then rinse off with water. It stings but nothing too drastic. The product has been great.

Mary

Personally I don't know. In England drugstores aren't allowed to sell them, so we have to either go to a salon and get a girl to do it for us, or buy it from eBay! I think I have heard of people buying it in shops like Wal-mart. But you would need a person who is American to answer that for you!

Holy crap I want to try this so bad but I don't know how I would do it. Im doing Dan's Regimen right now and it has stopped all active acne, and now all I have is red marks on my face that I want to get rid of. I don't want to stop Dan's regimen because i'm scared it might start active acne again. So what should I do since I really want to give this a try. Is there a certain website I can order this from.

Anyone have AIM and would like to help me figure out a solution, can you PM me your AIM s/n.

Thanks alot,

Yeah a toner with aha in it will help, but will give no where near the results of a peel.

I am doing dans regimen too, all I do is on friday evening (I dont use BP during the day) put the acid on, and the when its done, put moisturiser on, and then before I go to bed I wash off the mosituriser and put on BP and mosituriser.

Ah, I'm fine with that. I have extremely mild acne. Mostly on my forehead and jawline--I went to the derm about a month ago and I'm almost 100% clear--about 3 active pimples left. They'll probably be gone in 4 days. I just need to get rid of these pesky marks now.

I did a 1min peel on Sunday night, rinsed with water, and used a baking soda paste to balance the pH. I didn't feel it was effective, so I did a 4min peel on Tuesday night, same routine. My skin was flakey in areas and red/sensitive in a small area. By Saturday, the flakiness and red areas were gone, and the marks I had before the peel had reduced by about 30-40%, I am happy with the results. I will do another peel soon.

Holy crap I want to try this so bad but I don't know how I would do it. Im doing Dan's Regimen right now and it has stopped all active acne, and now all I have is red marks on my face that I want to get rid of. I don't want to stop Dan's regimen because i'm scared it might start active acne again. So what should I do since I really want to give this a try. Is there a certain website I can order this from.

Anyone have AIM and would like to help me figure out a solution, can you PM me your AIM s/n.

Thanks alot,

so are there any specific instructions?

ive gathered you have to apply the peel and wash off after a minute with baking soda. But, before you put it on, do you wash with soap? can you carry on using BP with it?? eusa_think.gif

so are there any specific instructions?

ive gathered you have to apply the peel and wash off after a minute with baking soda. But, before you put it on, do you wash with soap? can you carry on using BP with it?? eusa_think.gif