Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MsDominatus

A little update on me...

Hey kids,

I have not forgotten about the wonderful support and people I have met on here.

So, sorry but life has been pretty crazy and I haven't been able to update.

Done with 'tane. I actually quit two weeks early. I know that it wasn't a good idea skin-wise however, the corners of my EYES were cracking and bleeding and there was nothing that could help. My lips were also so bad that I couldn't even smile WITH aquaphor. They were raw and swollen and bleeding. Not that this all wasn't worth it for the great skin I am left with but honestly, all that in addition to the depression - which was once really only physical - but with the circumstances I had was really starting to turn emotional/mental - I had to stop.

My boyfriend and I broke up. I'm okay with it now. But there was so much tied into it. I am sure you all knew he was a sober alcoholic in Alcoholics Anonymous. Well what once seemed so perfect for us, actually ended up turning into a cult and taking him even further away from our dream to be together and raise a family. So leaving caused huge anxiety for me because all I ever wanted was to have him be happy and live a good life together. And even when I thought we were doing the right thing it backfired. So, I think the 'tane contributed to the difficulties I was having. I feel MUCH better now. We talk sometimes but not like we used to. However, given that he is emersed within a cult, i've been used to not really having him around, so its not anything new at this point.

I've been going out and having fun. Re-starting school this summer and finishing my degree. And just trying to start over my life and be happy.

How's my skin??? Great! It's never looked better. I think i've been off the 'tane for like 3 weeks - maybe longer - and not even one pimple anywhere. I thought i'd be oily by now, but im not even oily. My skin is now supple rather than completely dehydrated and my lips are healing. They are still a little dry but NOTHING like they were when they were at their worst. I don't know about anyone else's lips but expect them to be itchy as they heal, or at least mine were. My hair is getting better. I actually got it highlighted and cut a few weekends ago. It's still falling out a bit but i've got plenty of it. My energy levels are startingt o come back and actually I plan to work out for the first time since stopping the 'tane - tonight. I overall feel a ton better. Accutane was definitely worth it to me, and even with all that I went through while on it - even the depression, I can honestly say that all those side -effects do go away.

Does anyone know when its okay to start tanning? I don't really believe in tanning all the time but now that my back is clear I can actually wear revealing clothing, and i'd love to get a base before hanging out in the sun and burning.

Also - does anyone knwo how long I should wait before getting pierced? I am wanting to get my tragus pierced on both my ears (not at the same time) and have been patiently waiting to finish the tane so that I wouldn't have any issues with healing.

What else... oh. Does anyone have any suggestions to kind of clean the 'tane out of my system? I'd to do that before I do anything.

Thanks so much to all of you. Accutane is definitely worth it. Now, lets just see if my skin stays clear. I'll keep you all updated.

MSDominatus, congratulations on finishing your course and sorry to hear about the bf troubles. I think the waiting time is at least a few months before piercing but can't say for certain. Have you thought about a navel piercing? They can be really sexy.

I can however recommend that you get your Accuane-impaired liver back on its feet by doing a liver flush as outlined here http://sensiblehealth.com/, or alternatively you can try out my own program linked below, which will also includes a liver flush and would be extremely powerful at "cleansing the Accutane from your system" and getting your body pure and healthy while of course retaining the positive benefits of your course! I follow it while on Accutane currently and will continue to do so long after Accutane not just for my skin by my health, energy, vitality and wellness in general. Take care.

Hey girl, I was just thinking about you a couple days ago while I was checking the boards. I remembered you were having some emotional issues and I was wondering how you were doing! I'm sorry about the break-up, but also glad because it really seems like it's the best thing for you right now. That's awesome you're going back to finish your degree!! You rock! And honestly, finishing a couple weeks early probably has little to no effect on the overall outcome I bet. So don't even worry about it!

As for your questions, whoa are you reading my mind?! wink.gif Hehe. I'm finishing up in less than 2 weeks and have the exact same questions. I'm going to Las Vegas for a few days with my girl friends and I REALLY want to lounge by the pool, hopefully avoiding sunburn. I'm considering doing Mystic Tan before I leave, but also kind of concerned because I have white patches of dry skin on my upper arms which I'm sure won't mesh too well with self-tanner! eusa_eh.gif I'm also planning on getting another piercing soon too (a second one on my left helix) so I'm thinking of waiting a couple months for that.

Anyways, thanks for the update! Really good to hear from you smile.gif

Mae

Glad you are clear!

I know what you mean about AA being a cult for some people-I encountered a guy who was a "member." It was very annoying. I couldn't date him. I can't imagine how it must be for you knowing him before he was "converted." sad.gif That must be so sad. Does he talk in slogans all the time? And preach and constantly talk about AA and not drinking? It is like they replace one addiction with another. Anyhow, I empathize with you.

You should wait 6 months, really, but can probably get away with doing it in three.

What are you going to school for?

Glad you are clear!

I know what you mean about AA being a cult for some people-I encountered a guy who was a "member." It was very annoying. I couldn't date him. I can't imagine how it must be for you knowing him before he was "converted." sad.gif That must be so sad. Does he talk in slogans all the time? And preach and constantly talk about AA and not drinking? It is like they replace one addiction with another. Anyhow, I empathize with you.

You should wait 6 months, really, but can probably get away with doing it in three.

Glad you are clear!

Hey girl, I was just thinking about you a couple days ago while I was checking the boards. I remembered you were having some emotional issues and I was wondering how you were doing! I'm sorry about the break-up, but also glad because it really seems like it's the best thing for you right now. That's awesome you're going back to finish your degree!! You rock! And honestly, finishing a couple weeks early probably has little to no effect on the overall outcome I bet. So don't even worry about it!

As for your questions, whoa are you reading my mind?! wink.gif Hehe. I'm finishing up in less than 2 weeks and have the exact same questions. I'm going to Las Vegas for a few days with my girl friends and I REALLY want to lounge by the pool, hopefully avoiding sunburn. I'm considering doing Mystic Tan before I leave, but also kind of concerned because I have white patches of dry skin on my upper arms which I'm sure won't mesh too well with self-tanner! eusa_eh.gif  I'm also planning on getting another piercing soon too (a second one on my left helix) so I'm thinking of waiting a couple months for that.

Anyways, thanks for the update! Really good to hear from you smile.gif

Mae