Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crappyskin

Something that actaully works for me at last! :)

- No bread

- Cut down as much as possible on potatoes (I would cut them out completly but sometimes when other people cook for me they do potatoes)

- No Milk

- No Cerial

- Lots of fruit

- Lots of Veg

- Centrum Multi-vits

- Lots of Vit C (mainly for scarring)

- Lots and lots and lots of water all day every day (sometimes with some freshly squeezed lemon juice in it - also helps with scarring)

I eat lots of meat, because thats fine (so long as its good meat, not McDonalds!), loads of eggs, there fine too and loads of fruit and veg.)

but I think the most important thinks to remember (as far as acne is concerned) is no bread, no milk (try to avoid dairy products in general) and lots and lots of water. Just try to remember processed food is bad and try to eat what a caveman would have.

There is an explanation for all this somewhere, but I cant remember where I read it, something to do with insulin production.

anyways, I dont really care why/how it works, I'm just over the moon that it does.

and remember - don't pick at your acne or you'll end up with lots of scarring like me!

--CS.

Same thing cleared me, except I don't eat LOTs of fruit, I don't take any supplements, and I don't eat any grains at all. Stopped acne dead in it's tracks. Happy to hear of your success. Stay with it :wink:

Of course you could live with this diet, regardless of athletics. What diet would you recommend?

Of course you could live with this diet, regardless of athletics. What diet would you recommend?

I meant that I couldn't live with it in terms of what my performance would look like while on it.

Unfortunatly, I can't recommend you any acne-friendly diets as diet has strictly no effect on my acne, I never experimented with it either.

I'm a hardcore protein/carb eater, need LOTS of food from ALL groups to be in optimum shape.

I disagree. I don't think your performance would suffer. I have tons more energy now that I eat less sugar and more raw fat.

And if you have not experimented with diet, how do you know it has no effect upon your acne? It may seem that you don't breakout any more than normal after eating certain foods, but if you've never tried eliminating entire types of modern foods, you don't really know how it could benefit you.

And, you definitely do not need bread, or any grains for that matter, to be in optimum shape. There are plenty of foods considered staples today that you do not need, and probably would be much better off without.

I took creatine for a couple months last year. I don't remember it making acne any worse. I wouldn't take it now just because I don't take any supplements.

If you're eating enough whole food every day, there is no need for supplements. Also, I'm not sure how effective synthetic vitamins are over natural vitamins.

Hey Revolution,

Actually, this kind of diet is supposed to be great in terms of athletic performance. In his book The Zone, Barry Sears discusses the effects of a Zone diet (which is essentially the same as this) on the performance of world-class athletes (Stanford U. swimmers if I recall correctly). Their performance not only didn't suffer, it was significantly better. BTW, Sears has a Ph.D. in biochemistry and started this research when he was doing his post-doc, at MIT if I'm not mistaken, so I guess he probably has some idea what he's talking about!

Eff, how much of your success with the paleolithic diet do you think has to do with (a) removing potential allergens from the diet (lectins) and (B) controlling insulin levels?

That's a horrible diet, and I, being an athlete, could absolutly not live with that, nor recommend it to anyone else.

Wow what type athletics, hardcore dumbassery?

How can you slander someone's diet which entails good sources of every macronutrient vital to an athelete?

If you think his diet is crappy, yours must suck donkey balls.

That's a horrible diet, and I, being an athlete, could absolutly not live with that, nor recommend it to anyone else.

Why would mine be bad if I think his isn't suitible for me?

I think my clearing was a result of the removal of alien proteins from my diet. I think this because I've eaten large amounts of fruit at times while on this diet (not recommended) and this will spike insulin levels, yet I experienced no acne. My personal belief is that acne is caused by either the leeching of vitamins/minerals from the body by bleached and denatured foods...and/or the presence of foreign substances in the diet, such as something like lectins or manmade chemicals. I can't put my finger on exactly what caused my clearing, all I know is that it worked. I think the key to clearing would most likely lie in eating real human foods, not so much keeping your blood sugar stable, although that is undoubtedly a good idea as well. Maybe fluctuating blood sugar levels could aggravate acne even further? Who knows for sure?

I am all for eating healthy, just for the sake of general health and well being alone. However I dont think there is anything wrong with a good wholemeal bread(which is void of unnatural processing and such).

I have many friends that eat alot of everything(esp. bread and other carbs.) and most have skin as clear as day. As mine was too, my acne was mainly drug induced.

So I dont think bread is the root problem. It may cause things to worsen for some who have acne, but again the root cause is the disease itself, and not things like bread.

Whole grain bread is obviously a better choice than white bread...however I can't even tolerate that now.

Some people will not react negatively to modern foods...at first. But this does not mean that it is fine for them. I know plenty of people who can get away with eating anything they want and stay clear. However, a lot of us can't get away with that.

It is not that BREAD itself is the root cause, but modern foods that were not present in the diets of our ancestors. We evolved on completely different foods. Modern foods of grains, especially refined, refined sugars, like soda and candy, and pasteurized dairy all lead to problems. I cannot eat any of these and escape acne. Carbohydrates are not the problem if they come from vegetables and fruit...

I believe diet is the #1 factor in acne for just about everyone on this and every other board. Acne has become a huge problem in the past century, the century in which we changed our diet more than ever...to a diet filled with refined sugars, vegetable oils, and manmade substances. Check Dan's list of Acne medication history...they all appeared within the past 100 years. Why? Because that's when it became a large problem.

Why would mine be bad if I think his isn't suitible for me?

Hmmm lets see :roll:

You said that you thought his diet was horrible and would not reccomend it to anyone because you were an athlete.

But in his diet he advocates the consumption of lots of water. He states that he's getting protein from many sources (excluding mcdonalds :P) such as eggs (hopefully just eggwhites). He's eating a lot of fruits, while excluding high GI carbs such as white bread, cereals and potatoes, but hopefully not sweetpotatoes. Eliminating milk is good also, milk is just barely above soy on the shitty proteins chart. More vegetables=good, duh.

He mentioned adding lemon juice to his water for what he believes is scarring, but I bet he doesn't know that injesting lemon juice at the same time as your carbs can slow down their absorption and thus lessen their effects on your blood sugar/insulin levels.

And to top it off a multivitamin (some advice to crappyskin, drop the centrum, they suck. Try GNCs mega men or NOW 75+ multivitamin).

Since you said his diet is so horrible I assume that you drink 2 glasses of water a day, eat tons of white bread, and avoid veggies/fruits/eggs/vitamins?

Guest romafan53

i eat loads of junk food but only have a smal little shiat on my back.

romafan, haha you are a prime candidate for this diet. I used to be the same with cereal and it's HORRIBLE for your health. Cut all the cereal and bread out and live off of just meat, vegetables, and fruit for just a couple weeks and I can practically gaurantee you will see tremendous improvement.

UbahOne: thanks for the tip, I'll look for a decent multivit once I've finished my centrum :P

romafan53: I also used to live off bread, milk, cereal, and basically all the things I now avoid thinking I was eating a healthy diet and wondering why my acne was so bad even tho I've been on accutane twice, as soon as I cut all the bad stuff out I cleared up pretty quick :( I do still occationally get the odd spot here and there but I'm sure thats mainly due to me breaking and eating things I know I shouldnt, espesially chocolate and cake!

My mission now is to rid myself of the scarring acne left behind, thankfully there are lots of effective things you can get done nowadays, albeit expencive!

--CS

diet plays an important role in treating ur acne...i always felt

but one day i was out whole day and out of hunger i had to eat junk food and everything which i had gave up for past two months.. i was so feared that before going to bed i was in tears that tomm i will be having huge cysts.. under skin pimples on my chin and all the other shit... but i woke up with nothing on my face...i thought it will take upto a week to form pimples and other kinds of acne... but even after one week it was the same... a cleared face...i was surprised.. once i was reading through posts and someone said diet is not causing the problems but it was sugar which was making the acne worse... so i thought why not try this.. so continued to purposely eat everything except sugar content foods.... we indians eat a lot of high caloried food in our daily diet ghee is one such product... i did this for another ten days and waited for another ten days to see ... whether i am f*u*cked by ance or no.. but it was still same clear face... i think eliminating sugar worked for me.... occassionally i do get one or two small white colored boils round my nose on which i apply clindac i.e. clindamycin phosphate and next day even they are gone....

i hope this continues for me forever...

i haev gained about 5 kilos in past 50 days..

god is great

ravi

Congrats Ravi, sounds good. Sugar does seem to aggravate acne, if not cause it, and so I avoid all refined sugar.