Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi Guys,

Been off tane now almost over a month.

No pimples. Yippeee.

Have the most intense itchy skin of my life.

My legs were very itchy during the treatment but now it's getting to be unbearable. I'm drawing blood from my legs they're so itchy and my hands and arms are starting to get itchy too. I was never one to apply moisturizer to these areas during treatment but I did last night and now I can't sleep because I'm so itchy I'm going mad. What the heck is going on?

I was thinking that my acne might have been caused by a food allergy. Anytime I eat something my hands break out in little bumps and right now I'm sooo incredibly itchy, it feels there are bugs crawling on my skin. What's going on?

Any ideas?

Help?

Is my body in toxic shock? Let me tell you: Caffeine in starbucks, pop, chocolate...I think this may be contributing.

Hey hunny. I went through this also. Mostly with my arms and LIPS. I believe when things are healing - they get itchy. Like my lips were so bad by the time I was done - that they hardly had any skin left on them. NOTHING helped. So, when they finally started to heal it was no suprise that they were so itchy. Same w/my arms and ankles but not quite as bad.

But, yours sounds like either extreme dryness. Which is why you should always be moisturizing - and keeping that skin young and supple. smile.gif

Or, you're definitely experiencing a reaction to something but I highly doubt its from coming off of 'tane. There are so many possibilities that can cause a reaction like that. Some good old cortizone might help? Hope you feel better.

Thank you very much Dom smile.gif

Hey hunny.  I went through this also. Mostly with my arms and LIPS.  I believe when things are healing - they get itchy.  Like my lips were so bad by the time I was done -  that they hardly had any skin left on them.  NOTHING helped.  So, when they finally started to heal it was no suprise that they were so itchy.  Same w/my arms and ankles but not quite as bad.

But, yours sounds like either extreme dryness.  Which is why you should always be moisturizing - and keeping that skin young and supple. smile.gif

Or, you're definitely experiencing a reaction to something but I highly doubt its from coming off of 'tane.  There are so many possibilities that can cause a reaction like that.  Some good old cortizone might help?  Hope you feel better.

Sounds like you need to hardcore moisturize your entire body.... I think Ms. Dom is right about the itching related to healing. If you were super dry before, it makes sense. I wish I had a really great body moisturizer recommendation but I'm not sure I do... my mom keeps Jergens and Curel around our house, which I like a lot. They're just the original, basic moisturizers, but I'm not sure they'd be enough for SUPER dry skin. I do like them though because they're not loaded with all the extra ingredients, you know?

Hope you can find some relief!! (PS. - that's AWESOME about the clear skin! wooooo!)

Mae

Guest Craigems

Yeow. that sounds very unexpected. Moisturise a bit like the girls above said! you'll be as smooth as a babies bum in no time!

Thanks Mae smile.gif You're so supportive and wonderful. How are you doing?

Sounds like you need to hardcore moisturize your entire body.... I think Ms. Dom is right about the itching related to healing. If you were super dry before, it makes sense. I wish I had a really great body moisturizer recommendation but I'm not sure I do... my mom keeps Jergens and Curel around our house, which I like a lot. They're just the original, basic moisturizers, but I'm not sure they'd be enough for SUPER dry skin. I do like them though because they're not loaded with all the extra ingredients, you know?

Hope you can find some relief!! (PS. - that's AWESOME about the clear skin! wooooo!)

Mae

Bum is such a funny word! You silly Aussie boys.

GO - feeling any better yet?

might want to try a natural oil like Jojoba. It's so soothing and causes no irritation or break outs. Or at least it didn't make me break out while I was on tane. It helped a lot when I was so dry I couldn't even smile.

Also - i've heard great things about Olay Quench. My boss like swears by that stuff.

GO,

Glad you are breakout free. eusa_clap.gif For really dry skin, we have used a cream called Pen Kera. It is supposed to penetrate the keratin layer where other creams are unable to. You might be able to find out more about it on the internet.

Good Luck!