Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i used retin-a in high school. it worked to clear my skin, but there are a few things to be aware of. firstly, the cream will make your skin peel, so u will need a moistrizer of some kind. ur skin gets tight and you might sport the "tomato" shinny face look for a few days, but retin-a literally peels away ur bad skin and reveals ur clear skin underneath. i experienced a few embarrasing moments where my skin was peeling in public, i felt like a snake sheding my skin. I would use the cream every other day if u experience really bad peeling like that. Also, my skin would sting when I applied moisterizer on it during the time that my skin was adjusting to the cream. BUT even with all of this said, I would reccommend Retin-A cream. It works. After getting over those few hurdles, your skin should be clear and zit free.

Appreciate you sharing that. What % cream did you use? I've read that you should start with a lower and work your way up to avoid those problems? Do you know if an aesthetician or regular Dr. can prescribe these or do you have to see a derm? Also, if you don't mind-how much does it cost? I thought I'd need to know that before spending the money to get a prescription for it.

I have a prescription for it, but haven't started yet. How bad was your initial breakout on the cream, and how long did it take to begin to clear?

Thanks!

I have a prescription for it, but haven't started yet. How bad was your initial breakout on the cream, and how long did it take to begin to clear?

Thanks!

Appreciate you sharing that.  What % cream did you use?  I've read that you should start with a lower and work your way up to avoid those problems?  Do you know if an aesthetician or regular Dr. can prescribe these or do you have to see a derm?  Also, if you don't mind-how much does it cost?  I thought I'd need to know that before spending the money to get a prescription for it.

my derm put me on 0.01% the first month and I'm on 0.4% now.

I paid $30 after insurance. not sure if a regular Doctor can prescribe u Retin A, but here is the website if u need more info: www.retinamicro.com

wink.gif