Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Keeneski

Ok, lets try this

Im still on the water Regime, but my mum thinks i should try Hydrocortisone 1% w/w. Could someone tell me exactly what this does and it if will work or Aggrevate acne any furthur ?

Cheers

Applying Hydrocortisone on your face is dangerous. It can result in permanent thinning of the skin and I'm sure I read something regarding it increasing vein visibility. There are numerous other reasons why it's a bad idea, none of which I can remember right now. tongue.gif But suffice it to say, it's definitely not a good idea.

Go for Dan's Regimen!

Applying cortisone creme to the face is a bad idea. The only thing it does is mask the problem by calming the inflamation response . It in fact will cause steroid acne after a time. Your body actually becomes addicted to the steroids.

My son was treated with cortisone for a small rash near the corner of his mouth. It went away great and kept coming back. I would reapply when it would return and each time it would return more aggressively till it was full blown all over his face. It actually allowed a bacteria on his skin to overgrow. Messed up the balance. He had to have Tetracyline for 2 months to clear it up. My advice would be to stay clear of the cortisone creams.