Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I think I started getting acne about 2 years ago. I've really tried everything you can get over the counter including pro-activ which did not work for me. Maybe I didn't follow the directions right. I may try it again. This is my current regimen:

1. Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

2. Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Acne Cleanser (Salicylic Acid)

3. Stridex Anti-Bacterial Foaming Wash

4. Renewing Cleanser (Basically 2.5% BP)

5. 10% BP concentrated on active acne

I drink about 4-5 glasses of water a day and 2 glasses of lemon water.

Here is a picture of my current acne/red marks/scars. Please give me an advice that would help me.

What is the severity of my acne, should I see a dermatologist?

Also is that a nodule form of acne on my left cheek. Any advice would be appreciated. Once again, thank you.

post-22312-1113712370_thumb.jpg

post-22312-1113712370_thumb.jpg

I also do Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Acne Cleanser (Salicylic Acid) and Eurecin SPF-15 Lotion in the morning.

Whoa do you use all the washes in the one day?

If so I'd suggest just picking one (the most gentle = Purpose?) and sticking with it for a while.

Also moisturiser is important and personally I find a nice glob of 100% aloe vera gel is much better at drying up active acne (without drying up your face) than 10% BP...but if you're happy with the BP that's ok

As for going to see a derm that's up to you... I went to two and they were both hopeless and knew way less than most of the people on this message board, but like I said it's up to you. Personally I don't think your acne is that bad.

Good Luck wink.gif

Well I feel the washes works together.

Gentle Cleansing Wash just cleanses my face of dirt and other contaminants.

Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Acne Cleanser (Salicylic Acid) removes the dead skin that is blocking my pores and will allow the rest of the medication to seep through my pores.

Stridex Anti-Bacterial wash has some ingredient that works to kill bacteria.

The renewing cleanser BP goes all around my face to prevent future acne.

The concentrated 10% BP goes diretly on concentrated acne to dry it up faster.

I don't know, it seems everything makes sense. I feel like my skin has become immune to BP or rather the bacteria because I've been using it for so long. I think my skin has become completely tolerant to it's drying effects and doesn't mind 10%.

That's a lot of stuff.. I used to use a lot too, but I realized i was just like sucking the life outta my face... it turned so dry... so I just cut down to simple stuff. Pretty clear now, except I have a ton of redmarks EXTREMELY similar to yours... so I'm on the same boat as you.

I'm considering aloe vera now... might get it this week.