Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LiLyALeX

pregnancy and chemical peels

Hi!!! I have a couple of questions. I have plenty of acne scars and some mild acne and recently surfing the web I came up with this nice website "platinumskincare.com" and I was truly interested in the - All for Scar treatment kit- wich included your choice of percentage of gly peel, the toner, the gly cream 13% or 30% the Supper Copper rejuvenator serum and the emu oil. I would also like to purchace the 15% salicylic acid as well, but I don't know if it will be worth buying it, since I'm thinking of getting pregnant soon. How much of this stuff can I use, if I can really use any at all? Can I use at least the gly cream? Do I have to wait all the time during my pregnancy and breast feeding? I was so excited of getting all my prodcuts until somebody mentioned me that during pregnancy it wasn't a good idea. I jus want to know what I can use and what not to use, and if I can use something to at least start treating my scars.....I wish I didn't have to wait so long. Please can somebody give me some information!!!

Sorry for any of mistakes, but English is not my native language...Thanks a lot to all...Hope somebody can answer soon!!!!

Hi!!! I have a couple of questions. I have plenty of acne scars and some mild acne and recently surfing the web I came up with this nice website "platinumskincare.com" and I was truly interested in the - All for Scar  treatment kit- wich included your choice of percentage of gly peel, the toner, the gly cream 13% or 30% the Supper Copper rejuvenator serum and the emu oil. I would also like to purchace the 15% salicylic acid as well, but I don't know if it will be worth  buying it, since I'm thinking of getting pregnant soon. How much of this stuff can I use, if I can really use any at all? Can I use at least the gly cream? Do I have to wait all the time during my pregnancy and breast feeding? I was so excited of getting all my prodcuts until somebody mentioned me that during pregnancy it wasn't a good idea. I jus want to know what I can use and what not to use, and if I can use something to at least start treating my scars.....I wish I didn't have to wait so long. Please can somebody give me some information!!!

Sorry for any of mistakes, but English is not my native language...Thanks a lot to all...Hope somebody can answer soon!!!!

I had questions similar to yours.....I am not pregnant and not trying yet but will be soon. From what I understand, it is not recommended that you use salicylic? sp? acid during pregnancy.

As far as I know the gylcolic is fine, but definitely not the sacylic acid because that is derived from aspirin and aspirin is a not allowed when pregnant.

The safest course of action is discussing the products you want to use with your OB/GYN. The first three months are so critical to fetal development, you want to be sure that you are proceeding with great caution. Good luck!

According to my doctors when I was pregnant No! They are very limited on what you could use during the coarse of pregancy as well as breastfeeding. After I had my daughter I went to an aesthetician for help and the only thing that she was able to do (because I'm still breastfeeding) is Microdermabrasion, which has been excellent on myskin

I would deffinately seek my ob on that one. I don't know it this is you first pregnancy or not, but there are SO may "normal" problems that can arise durring pregnancy(my first was born 13 weeks premature), and you always want to follow your docs advice. I will say though that durring my pregnancys, my skin cleared, and my scars looked less noticeble. I think for me it is because it evened out the oily and dry of my skin. I never had super oily days, and almost no dryness. I think that dead skin cells make my scars look a lot more noticable, and larger.

Good luck with your skin AND having a baby smile.gif