Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
modeldude69

IPL questions???

I'm thinking about getting some IPL laser done on a couple of spots...does it work for spots that are pretty red? How long was it more red before it started to look better after the treatment?

I have had two so far and so far in combination with a chem peel and microdermabrasion a week before each one and so far the microdermabrasion has worked the best. I am mainly paying for the IPL but to be honest it hasnt really done anything at all. I bought five but I am considering giving up the 3 IPL treatments in exchange for more Microdermabrasions.

Also she said my skin was a little too tanned so the machine pickes up a lot of heat and so she cant turn the settings up even though I am completely white. The other lady who does my microdermabrasions was shocked that she said that.

Although I have heard it does help for a lot of people.

I had 2 sessions of IPL for redness and it did absolutely nothing for me as well except burn a hole in my pocket so I didn’t continue. Maybe it works better for other people but I am definitely going to try vbeam when it comes to my city because maybe I’m wrong but the feedback for the most part would appear to be more promising.

Edit: I was actually booked in for my first medical strength microderm treatment next week to treat some pigmentation and surface scars from years ago to see what kind of improvement it can achieve. Will see how it goes for redness but in my case for the most part the redness stands out sometimes more than others, is a bit patchy as well as some broken capillaries so I’m not sure if it will address my particular problem that way. I hear vibraderm has probably superseded microderm but again my city doesn’t have it yet.

yea the microderm will not help with any permanent redness but maybe some from acne marks or something because of the exfoliation. However I am booked for a v-beam in May. I have had one v-beam before and it did ok. In the beginning he warned me I would have bruising for about a week and I said to decrease the setting so he did and tested it in one area and in that area it still bruised up and worked the best, no red at all. For the other areas where he went even lighter it didnt do that much so this time Im just going to get it at a high strength where bruising occurs and just wait it out till it clears because in the end it will be worth it.

That's great RHS7787. When you have it done let's know how it goes!

I definitely will. I know Im going to look pretty beat up after v-beam because of the bruising but I figure in the end it will be worth it. Im considering having him do the whole lower portion of my face just to make sure it covers all the areas. He charges an arm and leg for a treatment but I go to him because he is well known within my area and has had years of experience.