Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thebignosebandit

So Lonely, Feeling Like Nobody Cares About Me.

Throughout my entire life i only have 1 true friend. 1 true friend that will call me just to talk to me, about whatever. Everyone else are just casual friends.

here i am on a saturday with nothing to do. nobody to call to hang out, nobody calling me to hang out. sitting in my room, feeling incarcerated. i might as well just go to prison, because all i do here is sit in my room all by myself, same thing.

im going to college now and i just want to go out and do something, but i have no friends to do anything with up here. ive only been here for a quarter or so.

i havent had a girlfriend in 2 years. my life is just boring.

i feel like im not interesting enough for anyone to even bother to get to know me. im too boring, too shy, people would rather do something else than hang out with me.

help me out guys.

Guest Avian

I know how painful isolation can be. But it's always attitude which causes it. If you believe that you're not interesting enough for anyone to even bother to get to know you, then that's what will happen. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Only a positive attitude will change that.

If you let your personality shine through instead of thinking about how worthless you perceive yourself to be, then people will be drawn to you and warm to you. You have to change the way you perceive yourself.

Maybe you could join some clubs at college?

Throughout life you'll encounter a couple people who will make you unhappy and try to take your accomplishments away from you. Don't you take it away from yourself. You gotta grab the opportunities that come your way, don't subscribe to "fate". You have the strength to shape things out the way you want.

Get a hobby or start playing a sport. There are tons of sports that are pretty easy to pick up. We always had kids playing volleyball in our gym in college. It's never selective, anyone who shows up can play, or at least it appears that way, I never would pay too much attention but I never saw anyone just sitting around not playing.

I spent most of my time in college in the gym, cause no one cares if you have bad skin. It's a nice change from the rest of college life. Hell, watch pretty much any college bball game and you can spot at least one kid with at least mild to moderate acne.

j

Guest Zitro
I know how painful isolation can be. But it's always attitude which causes it. If you believe that you're not interesting enough for anyone to even bother to get to know you,  then that's what will happen. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Only a positive attitude will change that.

If you let your personality shine through instead of thinking about how worthless you perceive yourself to be, then people will be drawn to you and warm to you. You have to change the way you perceive yourself.

Maybe you could join some clubs at college?

hey bandit, I know your situation well. I've missed out on oppurtunities b/c of my shyness problem and now because of acne/scars. Know anyone who turned down the hottest girl in school? Well you do now! lol.gif If I could do it all over again I would. I'm going to echo the above posters and say that you need to start being proactive.Sieze the moment and engage people. It maybe too late for me but I would like to see that you make it a priority to start engaging and meeting new people so you have no regrets in the future. Good Luck! biggrin.gif

i havent had a girlfriend in 2 years. my life is just boring.

i feel like im not interesting enough for anyone to even bother to get to know me. im too boring, too shy, people would rather do something else than hang out with me.

I know how you feel, my problem is pretty similiar to that, I have one best friend and a few hangers on. 3 years ago, before I got struck down by acne, I had tons of friends and went out all the time, but when I got acne, I stopped wanting to go out, and they stopped wanting to hang out with me cos they thought I was being stupid and boring. Some friends huh? Sometimes acne can make you realise who your true friends are.

If I were you, I'd try to get out more, maybe join a club for something your interested in, karate, dance class, creative writing maybe? and then hold your head up, make like your confident. Good luck!

I'd say those are pretty good advice, if you think you are uninteresting, make yourself interesting NOW by picking up some stuff that interests you.