Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
M1DN1GHT R3515TANC3

Accutane, how bad does it need to get?

How bad does your acne have to get before accutane becomes a justifiable option? I have moderate acne with the occasional cyst, and after 8 years of fighting this shit I'm very tired, I'm seriously starting to worry about my mental state aswell as scars yet I still can't get accutane, I'v noticed there are alot of people on here in the same situation as me but I'v also noticed that there are people here with incredibly mild acne who somehow managed to get tane straight away.

I guess its just a dermatologist lottery, of somesort- some derms are more understanding than others.

I also have what would be considered Mild acne. Generally a few blemishs at any given time with the random cyst to destory my face every 2 months. I've been on Mino for 8 months and itmade be beautiful, really it did. However, like all good things...

Personally, I think Mild acne can be just as emtionally damaging as severe. Mild sufferers are always so close to clear skin, but there is always one more zit there the next morning. I'm going to be pushing for Accutane next visit. My assumption is that if Mino did such a wonderful good, Accutane will finally bring me to a level where I will only have the occasional breakout which can be managed with normal treatments. Goodluck in your Accutane hunting.

Personally, I think Mild acne can be just as emtionally damaging as severe.  Mild sufferers are always so close to clear skin, but there is always one more zit there the next morning.  I'm going to be pushing for Accutane next visit.  My assumption is that if Mino did such a wonderful good, Accutane will finally bring me to a level where I will only have the occasional breakout which can be managed with normal treatments.  Goodluck in your Accutane hunting.

your right december. i would LOVE just a few zits. lmao i can just imagine a gentle commercial with soft music with some supermodels with great skin posing at the window with some rain coming down and an voice comes on to say that there just as despressed as serious acne sufferers. eusa_wall.gif

my first visit to the derm and he recommened accutane.. he asked what previous treatments i used.. i name minocin.. clindacymin and a whole bunch of topicals.. nothing else he could do.. so he made an appointment for 2 weeks.. got my bloodwork done.. and was on accutane within the 2 weeks..