Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnescargirl

my scars (pic included)

hey u guys! this isnt my pic i found another member in the gallery who looks exactly like my face does right now - i am sorry to this member. i dont have a digi cam and have been wanting to ask for a long time so i spent quite a while trying to find a pic of someone who looks liek me. now do u guys know if these r scars or just pimples ??? thanks !

user posted image

Looks like red marks to me. Too early to tell. Most likely will vanish without permanent marks.

thanks no one. guses ur the only one who cares. thanks! everyone says " get a pic " " get a pic , then we can tell u " so i find a pic and no one has nothing to say (except u no one wink.gif ) r they mad this isnt me ?? cuz its not my fault i am unemployed and cant afford a digi cam. i need help just like everyone else. i guess im not part of " the elite who owns thier own digi cams" so i cant get adivce. lovely doubt.gif

well one reason ot wait is becuase i dont have insurance or money ! trust me i thought of accutane a long time ago and 2nd of all

you didn't really find a pic

That is not the clearest picture but it looks like active acne and no scarring that I can see. What are you using currently to combat active acne?? biggrin.gif

If your skin looks exactly like hers, then I would be happy if I werre you. After looking through the rest of her gallery, looks like her skin cleared up perfectly with no residual marks at all.

some cameras don't even pick up the scars

i have scars but the camera doesn't pick them up

but chances are if you have indents then that is what you will have to live with

some have it worse than others, but if you even think you have indents then, sorry but you probably do

besides if you want to hear something that may make you feel better the pic isn't even that bad of a condition

Acne scars and injuries are abit like burn injuries. Burn injuries depend most importantly on the depthness of the injury, how deep in the skin there is damaged cells.

1st class burn injury will heal with time usually without any permanent marks. That's because the injury wasn't deeper than dermis. That's a case with normal superficial acne.

2st class burn injury (deeper than dermis) will leave a scar, but depending on how wide the injury was and how the patient heals, it may or may not leave an indent when the scar tissue matures. Usually cystic acne is like this.

3rd class burn injury will need a skin graft and if it heals well may left very unvisible thin scars, but also there may be large scars underneath and missing tissue, so the outlook depends alot on what kind of damage was done (otherwise than the injury was deeper than full thickness of skin). Badly deep infected cystic acne can get like this.