Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mom

Question for Gus

Hi Gus...

Been following your messages regarding laser resurfacing.. Have a few more questions to asked you... do you still use Dan's regime after your procedure... I know I read in your posts, I think, that you said you had to put vaseline on your skin afterwards... does this make you nervous that it will make you break out more...?? My daughter had a couple glycolic acid peels that didn't do much..but afterwards they had her use something like vaseline..and she ended up breaking out from it .. "bummer".... anyway.. just wondered if you were able to use the bp afterwards to keep clear??

Mom

Sorry, I'm not Gus, but I've been lurking around here all day because I'm trying glycolic peels soon, so I'm kind of nervous. Plus, I've come to know Gus well enough to inform you that Gus never used Dan's regimen. I don't know if you would want to BP after laser surgery, though....I mean, I feel terrible that your daughter would go through with laser and still have to worry about acne......

Just curious, what strength of glycolic peels did your daughter use? It must have been pretty strong for her to have to put vaseline.....just interested

She had a 70% the first time.... she didn't leave the house for 10 days afterwards..had alot of crusting and ooze... the next time they did a 50% and it healed fast but didn't have much of an effect..actually neither of them did...??

Who is Dan?........ and whats his regimen?

Only kidding, I know he runs this site. No mom, never used his regimen - what cleared up my acne for good was Roaccutane (as its called in Europe)

Vaseline is ESSENTIAL to help the healing process after laser - but I've never had any risks of break-outs from it. And I hope the same goes for your daughter this time round

I also had laser surgery done. I did not use vaseline after the procedure, but a product called Aquaphor. It is excellent for the healing process. Just my 2 cents.