Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
viv

Viv's bp log

Hey ya'll,

I wasn't going to make a log but I figured, "what the heck?' My regimen is far from interesting but if it works, then maybe someone else can benefit from it. Ne way, so heres my story:

I am 19 years old...never got acne throughout high school-sorry to admit it, but I had perfect skin throughout high school. I had fun and was extremel social..on comes college...I started breaking out around October '04-nothing major but it did bother me a little. So, I was up late one night and like so many other people, I watched the stupid ProActiv commercial and was SO excited and ordered the damn thing. It f***ed up my face bad. I stopped and 2 months later, the acne I had developed post-ProActiv still hadn't gone away yet so I went to the derm in Feb '05. He put me on Retin-A Micro. That killed my skin! I got an allergic reation. I had to get antibiotics for that to clam down. Then for a month, I just washed my face wih cetaphil-I guess hoping it would calm down (the irritation). I'm not quite sure if it helped witht he irritation, but it didnt help with the acne.

The thing I hate about acne is the fact that it really kills the person "inside." My self-esteem has been altered by superficial reasons..which makes me a little ashamed of myself...

Ok, so I'm ready to try something else now and a girlfriend of mine recommended Clean & Clear's Continuos Acne Cleanser. I am trying to be simple with my regimen since I seriously believe that a little help with acne treatment can help, but overdoing the chemicals can really make the skin worse.

Ne way, so I've been using it for almost two weeks now:

Before one whole Week:

Improvements within first 3 days! All of my old acn are drying up FAST! However, extreme dryness after 3 days of using this and no moisturizing (very dangerous!).

Went out and bought Clean & Clear's shine control-shitty product in my case-another stupid allergic reaction. Now I am just washing and using a hydrocortisone cream/aloe vera gel. I dont know if it'll help but at least it doesnt give me little red bumps like every other moisturizer!

One whole week and two days :

Way too drying! I have cut back to washing once a day-at night. In the AM, I wash with catphil and aplly suncreen. However, this week, I'm getting new acne-dont know whats up with that but I'm gonna keep at it since I've gotten some words of encouragement on this site.

Well, hope my simple regimen works! Oh, I also eat at least an apple a day and drink plenty of water. I've cut out A LOT of the sweets and fast food I eat-considering I'm a college student and used to eat those things like crazy! Sadly, no more cokes though sad.gif I dont know if these things will help, but its worth a try!

One Week and 5 days:

Ok, a lot of the whiteheads I had are growing into pustules. I hope they all grow into pustules and just go AWAY because I've had those whiteheads for awhile and they're really annoying. So, I guess this is when the benzoyl proxide is pushing all of the gunk away...well, push away, dammit.

I went to Wendy's today and I had to get a damn salad!!!! I mean, they aren't that bad, but geez louiz, I wanted a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, coke,.....ok, stop! I have also switched from my beloved white bread to wheat bread. sad.gif

My grandfather got me some liver flushing medicine. Its a Chinese Herbal Extract and is called "Livertonix." I have never tried anything herbal before so I guess we'll see how it goes...

One Week and Six Days:

Ok, last night, I went out and bought a bottle of Fruit of the Earth's 100% Aloe Vera Gel. I am a little afraid to put it on all over my face so I am just doing the whole spot treatment thing on my old red spots and on a couple of active pimples. I dont want to put it one every single active pimple yet bc I wanna see what it does to the ones that I am putting it on before I go ahead and put it all over...ne-way, I have heard a lot of good reviews ab this product so maybe it's my imagination when I think that the red spots have faded a little...I'm sure its my imagination bc it's only beenone night.

Ok, so the acne is still drying a little more. I think one more whitehead became a pustule but thats ok..I'll live. ne way, I have alot of hope though. I still dont like this stupied bp cleanser-dont like the smell...but I will keep with it since it seems to help. Thats it for tonight!

I've been using a bar, a cleanser, and then 2.5BP each morning and night. I don't notice that much drying, more itching I'd say. I think this regimen just might work, good luck to you!

I've been using a bar, a cleanser, and then 2.5BP each morning and night.  I don't notice that much drying, more itching I'd say.  I think this regimen just might work, good luck to you!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Still One Week and Six Days:

I wasn't going to write again tonight but I am so upset. I hate the way my skin looks and feels. I want this to be gone in a month bc there are plans of mine that I dont want to have to cancel bc of my stupid skin. I know I did this to myself so I can't blame anybody. Oh, well. I hate feeling not pretty and feeling like I have to hide bc it's just so unlike me. ok, I'm gonna get off this site and just go to bed! Blah!

Hopefully your skin will be better by the time your plans come up viv. Good job on not giving into Wendy's. It take a lot of will power to not give in to them cheeseburgers eusa_clap.gif

Hopefully your skin will be better by the time your plans come up viv.  Good job on not giving into Wendy's.  It take a lot of will power to not give in to them cheeseburgers  eusa_clap.gif

Exactly Two Weeks:

Ok, so my day today wasn't so bad. I went to school and I actually kinda dressed up because I had a presentation to give in one of my classes. Its been a LONG time since I've tried to make myself look decent. Ne way, I'm not sure if this regimen is working. I mean, I look at myself in the mirror everyday, I can't tell!!!Haha. But it isn't getting worse so that must means that its getting better then, right? Right. That's what I keep telling myself. The irritation is slowly going away. It is still there but not too bad. Not as bad as in the beginning. I am getting impatient but I'm gonna bite my tongue and keep at it. I have A LOT of red marks! ugh! I have decided to stop using the 100% Aloe Vera until after my active acne goes away. Then, I'll put it on my red marks. I don't know-there is too many controversies on aloe vera on active acne. Just trying to be safe.

So, I am back to washing with the bp cleanser once a day, eating healthy (even though I accidently ate a couple of potato chips today-everyone else was, I FORGOT and grabbed for some too! Then, I remembered and imagined all those zits popping up-eek!). Ne way, I am still getting my 4 servings (at least) of fruits/veggies in per day, and still taking those damn liver flushing herbal shit (they sure do smell funny!). That's all for now, folks. biggrin.gif

I also eat at least an apple a day and drink plenty of water. I've cut out A LOT of the sweets and fast food I eat-considering I'm a college student and used to eat those things like crazy! Sadly, no more cokes though sad.gif I dont know if these things will help, but its worth a try!

Still Exactly Two Weeks:

Ok, honestly, I would think that after washing your face with this shit for two weeks, your skin would get use to it by now-no, sir. It hasn't. It still slightly burns and is red for awhile right afterwards. Geez louiz, I hate benzoyl peroxide with a passion! It feels like shit! But I'm gonna stick with it-I have no new active acne. Just a couple of the same pusutles-which looks absolutely awful!!!!!It's weird cuz sometimes I'll look in the mirror and I'll think that things seem to be looking up. Then, sometimes I'll look in the mirror and it hasn't seem to change at all. God, please let me see some sign of visible results soon! I'm gonna keep at it for 2 more weeks-I think that I should at least see some results by then. If not, I might switch to just a mild cleanser and say "fuck it" because I really hate this cleanser-the smell, the feel-ugh! Blah! But it had really good effects on my friend though and she told me to use it for at least a month because thats when she saw her results. Alright, off to bed I go-gotta get up early tommorow and head into work-how else will I pay for all these creams and cleanser that "works like a charm"? Right.

Two Weeks and One Day

ok, I'm on lunch break and was checking my e-mail so I figured I'd write something real quick before I head off to eat. Hey, things are looking ok, man! No more acne on my cheeks-period! Yea, red marks are still there but they will fade...grrr. I still have the regular active acne around my jaw and chin and stuff, but nothing look new. I'm sure that area will still break out for awhile though because I see some stubborn whiteheads wanting to come up. Wow! Today's a good day. It's looking up and I have faith! Really though-its only been two weeks-I just expect too much-patience is a virtue. When you look straight into my face, it doesn't look too bad. Its just the side view that bothers me, but ah well.Ok, enough for now-I'm starving!!!

P.S Whats for lunch? I dunno, but lots of veggies....I wonder when I can have another burger...(sigh)...

Two Weeks and One Day

ok, I'm on lunch break and was checking my e-mail so I figured I'd write something real quick before I head off to eat. Hey, things are looking ok, man! No more acne on my cheeks-period! Yea, red marks are still there but they will fade...grrr. I still have the regular active acne around my jaw and chin and stuff, but nothing look new. I'm sure that area will still break out for awhile though because I see some stubborn whiteheads wanting to come up. Wow! Today's a good day. It's looking up and I have faith! Really though-its only been two weeks-I just expect too much-patience is a virtue. When you look straight into my face, it doesn't look too bad. Its just the side view that bothers me, but ah well.Ok, enough for now-I'm starving!!!

P.S Whats for lunch? I dunno, but lots of veggies....I wonder when I can have another burger...(sigh)...

Still Two weeks and One Day:

My skin is definitely getting more use to the cleanser-it still itches but doesn't sting too much anymore. Plus, it isn't so dry-like the kind that I can't even talk- ne more. So, this has to mean my face is getting more use to it, right? Right. Hopefully, soon, I wont even be able to feel it anymore. I still don't like the smell, though. The upper half of my face is clear so I dont put too much bp on those areas while I'm cleansing-only on my bottom half. My postules and whiteheads are still there-ugh! However, I can tell my face is improving. It is a slow process-a little too slow, but hey, at least I'm processing! Ok, I'm off to bed. G'night kids!

Guys-I'm gonna be clear in two months-tops! I know it!!!!! biggrin.gif C,mon, you gotta have faith, right?

Two Weeks and Two Days:

I saw a couple of my family members today and they said that my face is getting a lot better-I can't tell, but i trust them bc my family is the kind that will tell you that you look like shit, if you do. Ne way, so I'm happy about that. My face is alright...it's not getting worse-I'll tell ya that. The thing I hate is that I'm still in that stage where it's bringing all of the gunk out. I should expect that since I'm in the second week and all. But it's been bringing it out for, like, a week now and I keep thinking that the breakouts wil go away after a couple of days...but I know that the "initial" breakout stage can last for a couple of weeks. The acne is not spreading-it's staying in the lower portion of my face. Good. Ne way, I am really hoping that the "initial" breakout will be gone in about a week or two and then I can concentrate on just getting better.

I have decided to put Aloe Vera on again, but only on my old red marks. I dont put it on active acne because I'm a little scared to do that.

I've been keeping up with my diet-it's still a little hard bc I have to "remember" to eat fruits and veggies-it doesn't come natural to me. I don't like wheat bread though..I mis my white ones..ah well. Plus, I am still cleansing my liver out with those Herbal pills.

Ok, off to bed-got a long day tommorow. G'night kids...

Oh yea, one more thing-oh my gosh-it was SO embarrasing. I was talking to some kids at school today and while I was talking, a piece of my skin flaked off....oh my gosh, I was about to freakin die. They just pretended like they couldn't see it but I know they could!!!How the hell do you NOT see a big piece of skin flake off?

ok, now, this is it....just had to get that off my chest.

Two Weeks and Two Days:

I saw a couple of my family members today and they said that my face is getting a lot better-I can't tell, but i trust them bc my family is the kind that will tell you that you look like shit, if you do.  Ne way, so I'm happy about that. My face is alright...it's not getting worse-I'll tell ya that. The thing I hate is that I'm still in that stage where it's bringing all of the gunk out. I should expect that since I'm in the second week and all. But it's been bringing it out for, like, a week now and I keep thinking that the breakouts wil go away after a couple of days...but I know that the "initial" breakout stage can last for a couple of weeks. The acne is not spreading-it's staying in the lower portion of my face. Good. Ne way, I am really hoping that the "initial" breakout will be gone in about a week or two and then I can concentrate on just getting better.

I have decided to put Aloe Vera on again, but only on my old red marks. I dont put it on active acne because I'm a little scared to do that.

I've been keeping up with my diet-it's still a little hard bc I have to "remember" to eat fruits and veggies-it doesn't come natural to me.  I don't like wheat bread though..I mis my white ones..ah well. Plus, I am still cleansing my liver out with those Herbal pills.

Ok, off to bed-got a long day tommorow. G'night kids...

Oh yea, one more thing-oh my gosh-it was SO embarrasing. I was talking to some kids at school today and while I was talking, a piece of my skin flaked off....oh my gosh, I was about to freakin die. They just pretended like they couldn't see it but I know they could!!!How the hell do you NOT see a big piece of skin flake off?

ok, now, this is it....just had to get that off my chest.

Sounds like you got a supportive family viv, my parents always told me how ugly my face looked each day, don't think I ever got a compliment from them, you're lucky.  Flaky skin can be embarassing as well, I remember how people would look at me like how can you go out in public like that, or look at me like I had rabies or somethin like that and just wanted to stay clear of me.  Real embarassing, not sure how you handle it so well.  What kind of liver cleanse pills are you taking?

aw...well, I bet your family doesn't tell you that you look bad ne more. I am taking these Herbal pills called "Livertonix". They are suppose to cleanse out your liver and stuff. There are about 90 pills in each bottle. My grandpa bought me two bottles and told me that by the time I finish taking those two, my face should be clear. I have only been taking it for 5 days so I don't really know if it works yet. My goal is that after I get rid of my active acne and my liver is cleansed, I will stop bp and go to a gentle cleaser- I knwo that sounds stupid but I dont think my breakouts are hormonal-just from me messing it up with all of the chemicals(proactiv,retin-a micro) from the past 5-6 months. Ne way, I will keep you posted on the pills. It's be another 3 weeks b4 I can tell though.

I hope you're doing good. I wish I was you right not (clear skin..ahhh)

Not quite clear yet viv, I had a little set back a while ago, damn alcohol gave me 4 zits  eusa_wall.gif But they're healing faster than ever at least.