Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well I was inspired to make this after I read the post about wanting to kill your derm secretly or whatever...Well I think there are a lot of derms out there who are GREAT and are so nice and helpful and I just want to give them some props haha

I like it when a derm actually had/has acne..I mean they know what you are going through which is always good. My derm always talks to me and asks how things are going...she doesn't seem to want to push me out of her office or n e thing....I think the moment I knew she was a great derm is when I was on accutane for the 2nd time and everything was so shitty in my life and she was talking to me and I just started to cry and she gave me a hug and said some really nice things lol its funny I am actually crying now just thinking about it...I mean they don't have to be nice they could be rude as heck......Even though nothing has worked for me she keeps trying...she hasn't given up and I am not gonna give up on her ability as a doctor.....

Anyone else have a great derm?! eusa_dance.gif

love my derm. love love love wub.gif

i love him so much i told him! well, no, i actually just told him how much i appreciate his patience and sympathy.

he takes my calls, answers my emails, and always squeezes me in on the same day when i wake up with a humongo pimple that begs for a cortisone injection.

i'm planning on sending him and his secretary a bottle of champagne each when i'm done with Accutane!

it's a crapshoot though. i've seen 3 derms over the course of 10 years--2 were excellent, one was horrible (evil woman evil.gif ). still, decent odds.

My derm is FANTASTIC, plus she battled acne too and was on Accutane so she knows what its all about. She is great! eusa_clap.gif bravo to my derm!

There are very few good dermatologists-- and by good I mean at least as empathetic as competent and, really, competent at all for that matter-- in Europe. I think that there's a better awareness and sensitivity among North American derms about the psychological trauma of acne and the need to be on a wavelength with your patient-- most European derms just look at a textbook and copy out the prescription without even looking at you, it's as if anyone with an eighth-grade education could do it, quite frankly.

i think it's important for a dermatologist to have had acne themselves at some point or else it's all too theoretical, and they can never really understand and relate to you when you come in desperate about spending thousands on overdrying products where nothing seems to work and you stay up every night popping your spots and hating yourself. Taking your acne skin to a dermatologist who has never had acne is like taking your car to be fixed by a mechanic who's never owned a car. It really is comparable to the belief that many women have that a woman should only go to a female gynecologist (one who herself has lived with and knows the body she is working on).

i dont have a derm, but my GP is awesome. when i went to see him, he was like "there is no need to have acne, there are enough things out there to beat it" and laid out the treatment plan for me

its great for him to have such confidence, it makes you feel better

I was lucky enough to have a great derm. He was really the only one who helped me through acnce AND scarring. The best. He died and to honor him I posted about his death in the scar forum. cry.gif

possibly

ur in cwmbran right?

i think they send people from there to the same dept so i am sure you can ask for him

I live in caerphilly, still close so I guess the same applies

Hopefully I'll never have cause to find out for sure but if you ever see me at the waiting room with a monumental breakout don't forget to say hi!

lol.gif