Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ThatGuy16

Funny how one comment can ruin your entire day....

So here I am, back again....I was hoping I wouldnt be back here since I was kind of hoping for clear skin. But nope, just as soon as im really starting to feel good in myself, I drop back down once again. So anyways, let me summarize....

Today was the first day ive ever been made fun of my face in about 4 months now...

So anyways, im at my girl(friends) house and we are talkin and stuff. We planned to go the movies and what not, and everything was going good....THEN, all of a sudden, her little brother just comes in, doesnt even say anything to me...immediately he just comes about 4 inches away from my face looking at it making me feel really uncomfortable and the first thing he says... "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE?" as soon as i heard those words, my heart dropped...i didnt know what to say.

then he says "MAN, YOUR FACE IS REALLY DRY, WHY DONT YOU PEEL YOUR SCABS OFF", yeah my face is dry (accutane effects) and then he just leaves and says "MAN, YOUR A MESS DUDE"....and the whole time my girlfriend isnt even saying anything, i dunno if she felt bad for me, or if she didnt wanna embarrass me. but she just stood quiet and told him to leave....

after he left, we began to talk like nothing happened, but deep down inside me, it hurt really bad....and all of a sudden, my motives for the day were completely gone. About 10 minutes later, i told her an excuse and i left and didnt go back...

man i really feel like shit....funny how one simple comment can make you lose your entire day. ehh, the accutane is working...but my face obviously still isnt clear yet. i may just stay home tonight.

peace

Guest Zitro

yeah, its terrible how one comment can ruin a day.

I instantly hated a classmate/friend after a single mean comment today, and I felt like crap all day. (not related to acne, but I still relate how terrible a sentence can be)

Yeah Ive only had 2 comments made to me but my friends were joking and I still felt terrible not only that day but the whole week really. The kid probably meant no harm but I know how it is

how old was her brother? cause if he was like ya know 10 years old then he is just being stupid and doesn't even know what acne is but if he was older thats just rude. Don't parents teach their kids to be nice to company anymore?

I find it's better if you talk about it :S I found that. Even joking about how I was spotty myself made me feel better about it. Made me feel in control...

Guest Zitro
I find it's better if you talk about it :S I found that. Even joking about how I was spotty myself made me feel better about it. Made me feel in control...

Tell him, yeah kid I know, and it is very contagious and if you don't get away and far away I will touch you and breathe on you! RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

evil.gifevil.gif

So here I am, back again....I was hoping I wouldnt be back here since I was kind of hoping for clear skin. But nope, just as soon as im really starting to feel good in myself, I drop back down once again. So anyways, let me summarize....

Today was the first day ive ever been made fun of my face in about 4 months now...

So anyways, im at my girl(friends) house and we are talkin and stuff. We planned to go the movies and what not, and everything was going good....THEN, all of a sudden,  her little brother just comes in, doesnt even say anything to me...immediately he just comes about 4 inches away from my face looking at it making me feel really uncomfortable and the first thing he says... "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE?" as soon as i heard those words, my heart dropped...i didnt know what to say.

then he says "MAN, YOUR FACE IS REALLY DRY, WHY DONT YOU PEEL YOUR SCABS OFF", yeah my face is dry (accutane effects) and then he just leaves and says "MAN, YOUR A MESS DUDE"....and the whole time my girlfriend isnt even saying anything, i dunno if she felt bad for me, or if she didnt wanna embarrass me. but she just stood quiet and told him to leave....

after he left, we began to talk like nothing happened, but deep down inside me, it hurt really bad....and all of a sudden, my motives for the day were completely gone. About 10 minutes later,  i told her an excuse and i left and didnt go back...

man i really feel like shit....funny how one simple comment can make you lose your entire day. ehh, the accutane is working...but my face obviously still isnt clear yet. i may just stay home tonight.

peace

So anyways, im at my girl(friends) house and we are talkin and stuff. We planned to go the movies and what not, and everything was going good....THEN, all of a sudden,  her little brother just comes in, doesnt even say anything to me...immediately he just comes about 4 inches away from my face looking at it making me feel really uncomfortable and the first thing he says... "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE?" as soon as i heard those words, my heart dropped...i didnt know what to say.

after he left, we began to talk like nothing happened, but deep down inside me, it hurt really bad....and all of a sudden, my motives for the day were completely gone. About 10 minutes later,  i told her an excuse and i left and didnt go back...

peace

Omg I hate that too! I've had acne for a couple months but it better now. I still get that stupid "Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer" down the hallway. But in the past week I've had numerous people saying, "What happened to your eye?" All cause I had a cyst under my eye. AND I went to my friends house and her little brother, and her little sister's friends all asked me, "What happened to your face?" I hate that! Its all happening at school and on the way home. But I've noticed that all the 'black' people are making fun of me. I don't mean to be racist though. They make fun of me like im a piece of sh** and that their perfect. But there not.

But I'm happy that my teacher is supportive [funny eh?]. She's like my advisor. She suggested going to the walk-in clinic about my cyst. But still, almost everyday she comments on how much better my skin is getting. Even if shes saying that to make me feel better, it ACTUALLY DOES make me feel better. I need a good comment a day.

Well, thats my rant of the day. eusa_shifty.gif

I had a teacher like that too. Always saying how good my skin is getting and how much weight I am losing and how good I am looking. I love her cry.gif

I find myself thinking up insults in potentially dangerous situations so that if somebody launches one at me I have a counter attack planned already and they look like the idiot...I still walk away with zits though.

Shoots - keep that "on your toes" attitude. Seriously.

You may walk away with zits, but keeping your wits about you and sharp will wind up being a blessing for you later in life.

I'm years out of insult range (people I hang with are all too busy to bother with insulting), but I still find myself thinking "if....".

Keep your wits about you. Even if it's not about acne, it's still a good thing.

that happend to me the other day i was walking past a friut stall and this guy said'alright love you should buy some fruit it will help with that complexion of yours!!!!.

i stopped and said'oh really,heres me thinking you work on a fucking fruit and veg stall,i didnt realise you were a dermatologist!!!!!.

im usually not shallow but that fucked me right off!!!!! eusa_hand.gif

peace

that happend to me the other day i was walking past a friut stall and this guy said'alright love you should buy some fruit it will help with that complexion of yours!!!!.

i stopped and said'oh really,heres me thinking you work on a fucking fruit and veg stall,i didnt realise you were a dermatologist!!!!!.

im usually not shallow but that fucked me right off!!!!! eusa_hand.gif

I know what you mean, people say shit like you got a pimple on you nose or between your eyes. Shit I know! Sometimes they stare. You feel so horrible and feel your forehead sweating.

a cousin who i cant stand and who i havent seen in a while comes over and first thing she yells is "OH MY GOD, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE?!" i went from placid to enraged in .01 of a sec. i told her the same fkkin thing thats happened to yours...

get this she has cystic acne and her face is a lot worse than mine.

still didnt make me feel any better though. and i thought my face was looking good that day too.

Hi

If you reflect on the situation logically and assess what he said maybe you can find a way to deal with the situation.

I think children have a wonderful quality of being able to tell you what they think without being clouded with other emotions, they are unaffected by political correctness or having to say the right thing all of the time. Unfortunately sometimes this can hurt, but to be honest it's probably what other people might be thinking but won't say anything for the fear of upsetting you.

The positive things to come out of this are, your girlfriend seemed to be completely unphased by the incident. She obviously cares for you on a much deeper level than just the way you look. (and that is truly special). Additionally your acne is not your fault and by taking your prescription you are doing everything in your power to improve yourself, and you can do no more than that.

Jonathan